• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Recovery

P

power

What can I take to strengthen my immune system from the brutal workouts of HIT?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Aren't you meant to train less frequently so that this isn't an issue :dunnodude:

The HIT system runs off the principle that you essentially overdo it in a session so that you don't have to spend as long training and have to have less days in the gym. Great if you don't have a lot of spare time or whatever, but not exactly the best training paradigm. So not actually meant to eat into your recovery ability and health, if it is you are going about it the wrong way.

P

power

^^ Aren't you meant to train less frequently so that this isn't an issue :dunnodude:

The HIT system runs off the principle that you essentially overdo it in a session so that you don't have to spend as long training and have to have less days in the gym. Great if you don't have a lot of spare time or whatever, but not exactly the best training paradigm. So not actually meant to eat into your recovery ability and health, if it is you are going about it the wrong way.

Taking the recovery into account that’s already in place when you train infrequently, that does not take into account the factor that sometimes even that factor does not compensate for the harm that done to the immune system.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It should.

Either way; good food, fish oil, whey, casein pretty much cover it. Multi if you really have shit vegetables and fruit (or don't eat much of them).

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ What he said. I would definitely get a good multi vitamin. And you may benefit from a BCAA product as well depending.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take personal radical shield, for immune system.
504097436-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^looks interesting Skindef!

HIT isnt meant to overtrain you...so i dont understand how u are too tired after the little amount of sessions u are supposed to be doing...Take tim's advice bout the training and choices for recovery and you are good to go!

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

I also thin BCAA is a good recovery tool. This is a great product.

XTEND

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP

There are many ways of training HIT, not just how Mentzer would prescribe. I know that I would like to improve my recovery from my training sessions as would everyone I would think.

Basic stuff to strengthen your immune system would be Getting plenty of vitamins/minerals from natural sources and or supplements.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I've read Mentzer's take, Jones' take, Darden's take and Yates' take. I've also liked the Hardgainer approach which is a version of HIT and DC which is similar to Hardgainer with some stupid crap thrown in.

The big overriding philosophy is to not overtrain and tax your recovery ability. Your immune function is part of this. I know that the next day you are usually ground into the ground, but this shouldn't have stretched you so far as to break you.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
The big overriding philosophy is to not overtrain and tax your recovery ability. Your immune function is part of this. I know that the next day you are usually ground into the ground, but this shouldn't have stretched you so far as to break you.

lol not to break you no. That would be just silly. But, The guy wants to improve his recovery, it doesn't matter if he's training 6 days a week maraphon style or HIT training. Maybe he just has a weak recovery ability.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So my original point stands. The programming is not taking into account proper recovery.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^
No his HIT training isn't taking into account proper recovery, but! like everyone he wants to improve his recovery from his workouts.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Sorry have we just agreed with one another throughout the argument and stated each others points??

We both suck :rofl3:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^^haha we certainly have done, argument closed eh?

MrThinker

MrThinker

Vitamin C // Lecithin