• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sound Quality vs Picture Quality

P

Pain

VIP
What matters the most to you when watching a movie? Personally, I'd rather have really good sound than a really good picture.

One day I'd like to buy a bunch of polk speakers and an onkyo receiver, too bad all that stuff is like 10 million monies.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I cant deside actually...I dont like to watch a movie with bad sound....and a movie with really bad picture is out of the question

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Picture is way more important...suppose when u have a baby you have the sound turned down low anyway.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its a tough decision but i think that picture quality would be better. ^^JS had a good point with the baby.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im gonna have to go with Picture Quality

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh man oh man... when admins are total /b/tards I start to worry xD

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We made do without either for ages. Still do with our crappy TV reception.

First thing I noticed with our new TV was how good the picture was and how crap our reception was. So picture is great but does highlight all the flaws.

Sound on the other hand only ever enhances things. The difference with a sub is amazing!!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
What the hell are you talking about? :uhoh2:
141pa34-1.png

warpig

warpig

picture 1080p full hd

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I know /b/, I just wasn't sure why he brought it up in this thread. :e5dunno:

P

Pain

VIP
You guys are mad. Sound is way more important. Go down to a professional audio store and go into one of their tests rooms. You will be blown away with their polk, JBL, onkyo ect set ups. Its cheaper to get a better picture though, a $400 tv can do 1080p these days. To get good sound its more than just buying good speakers.

Until movies can project a 3d star wars like holographic picture, nothing else but sound can make you feel like you are in the scene.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I hooked up my Studio Monitors to my DVD player, so my sound is awesome ;) All I need is a good TV :spy:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
You guys are mad. Sound is way more important. Go down to a professional audio store and go into one of their tests rooms. You will be blown away with their polk, JBL, onkyo ect set ups. Its cheaper to get a better picture though, a $400 tv can do 1080p these days. To get good sound its more than just buying good speakers.

Until movies can project a 3d star wars like holographic picture, nothing else but sound can make you feel like you are in the scene.

True, but if you live in an appartment your neighbor will hate you quick if you have monster stuff going on...

I think its the full experiance, well atleast for me.

EDIT:A song I like playing for the neighbor in question...this is still with somewhat bad quality

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pain

VIP
There are things you can do to prevent your neighbors hearing your sound system. Spend a few hundred $ on treating your room. Place some bass traps on the walls and get a sub-dude for your sub woofer. Problem solved.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

Sound is more technically lifted and constructed. Cinematography is more artistically based. Knowing what goes into movies and what is more important to realizing the director's (particularly an autuer's) vision, I prefer the latter.

Also, 3-D and other so-called "improvements" in visual engineering do not interest me in the slightest.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
There are things you can do to prevent your neighbors hearing your sound system. Spend a few hundred $ on treating your room. Place some bass traps on the walls and get a sub-dude for your sub woofer. Problem solved.

Absorbents remove some eco and gives the bass more depth...they dont make sound go away. Sure you can put a couple of hundred into soundproofing your room...but it will only make the smallest difference. (I have absorbents in everything on my walls and under my sofa and carpet)You need to put far more then a couple of hundred to fix it "completely", that means putting layer after layer of soundproofing carpet lifting floors ect doing the same with walls and roof..ect ect...putting spikes on the subwoofer and speakers will remove vibrations which makes noice though...but not the actual sound out of them.

After getting that done people around you can still hear you, maybe not as much but they can still hear you..soundwaves either go through as just sound or that and vibration. The spikes I have on my subwoofer removes most vibrations to the floor but I can still feel it in the floor standing next to it.

Not even a soundrecording studio stops all sounds...obviously way more though..but far from all

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I would go for picture but I can also appreciate really good sound. My best mate has an awesome surround-sound set up that cost him a pretty penny and when I lived with him I was watching Band of Brothers and I almost shat myself when I heard the sudden rumble of tanks from just behind my right shoulder. It was great for all the battle scenes, you felt like shells were landing all around you.