• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obscure classic movie moments

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is your favourite obscure classic movie moment?

For me it is from the 1964 Sidney Poitier film The Long Ships.

There is one scene where the Moorish king wants to demonstrate that his warriors are the most brave to his Viking captives. So he has one of his soldiers ride the "Mare of Steel".

Basically it is a giant schimitar that slices the rider in half sending each half onto a bed of spikes at the base.

They don't make things like that anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They don't make em like they used to.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Isn't the phrase "obscure classics" a bit of an oxymoron?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isn't the phrase "obscure classics" a bit of an oxymoron?

Part ironic but part truthful. The old films that just don't get played anymore but are classic films. Like the 39 Steps. Haven't seen that played in ages and yet it remains a classic, and to most people that would be rather obscure.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Part ironic but part truthful. The old films that just don't get played anymore but are classic films. Like the 39 Steps. Haven't seen that played in ages and yet it remains a classic, and to most people that would be rather obscure.
Well to most, sure, but I think a lot of Hitchcock fans have heard of it. Really, I'm just splitting hairs, it's what I do. I'd say something like that would be more along the lines of "forgotten classics" but even that seems a bit, I don't know, dramatic(?). I've seen a good handful of films that younger generations, aka mine, wouldn't know so perhaps I'll browse through YouTube and post some a bit later on.