• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Man accused of giving son steroids to motivate him

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
lulz. coolest/dumbest father ever. :wutyousay:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_STEROIDS_CHARGES?SITE=AP

GILBERTVILLE, Iowa (AP) -- A man has been arrested for giving his teenage son steroids to motivate him about sports. The man was charged with distributing a controlled substance to a minor.

Authorities said the investigation began after the man's 14-year-old son assaulted his mother at her Gilbertville home on Nov. 19. Officers who responded to the home found a syringe and 105 pills in the boy's bedroom.

Court records show that boy told investigators his father gave him the pills during an earlier weekend visitation. The records also show that the father admitted to giving his son the needle and the pills.

A test at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation showed the pills were an anabolic steroid.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lulz. coolest/dumbest father ever. :wutyousay:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_STEROIDS_CHARGES?SITE=AP

GILBERTVILLE, Iowa (AP) -- A man has been arrested for giving his teenage son steroids to motivate him about sports. The man was charged with distributing a controlled substance to a minor.

Authorities said the investigation began after the man's 14-year-old son assaulted his mother at her Gilbertville home on Nov. 19. Officers who responded to the home found a syringe and 105 pills in the boy's bedroom.

Court records show that boy told investigators his father gave him the pills during an earlier weekend visitation. The records also show that the father admitted to giving his son the needle and the pills.

A test at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation showed the pills were an anabolic steroid.

lol. the boy assualts his mother, better check for steroids! i love how this shit always plays out and continues the "roid rage" idiocy.

you can tell the father is a cool guy but uneducated at the same time. 14 years old! at least wait until the kids is 18, 14 is far far too young to be introducing exogenous hormones into the body.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol. the boy assualts his mother, better check for steroids! i love how this shit always plays out and continues the "roid rage" idiocy.
It is one of the reasons you don't have to invite police into your house. You invite them in and they take that opportunity to "investigate". Speak to any detective and they will quite often want to come in to ask a "couple of questions" and then one of them will ask "to use the bathroom". Allows them to search the house without a warant.
you can tell the father is a cool guy but uneducated at the same time. 14 years old! at least wait until the kids is 18, 14 is far far too young to be introducing exogenous hormones into the body.

As opposed to the buying and distributing to a minor of an illegal substance :uhoh2: I'm sorry but that is just BS.

"My son lacks energy, I think I'll get him some amphetemins!" I'm sorry but it's a shit attitude to have that a pill or powder will fix the lack of proper/responsible parenting and encouragement.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is one of the reasons you don't have to invite police into your house. You invite them in and they take that opportunity to "investigate". Speak to any detective and they will quite often want to come in to ask a "couple of questions" and then one of them will ask "to use the bathroom". Allows them to search the house without a warant.

As opposed to the buying and distributing to a minor of an illegal substance :uhoh2: I'm sorry but that is just BS.

"My son lacks energy, I think I'll get him some amphetemins!" I'm sorry but it's a shit attitude to have that a pill or powder will fix the lack of proper/responsible parenting and encouragement.

good points. The kid should already have a motivation about sports. At 14 you have nothing else to do but go to school so if the kid is into sports then he'd be really big into them. I think parents should let their kids be their own person instead of trying to force sports on their child.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I wish my dad gave me steroids :disgust:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP

obviously there aren't many details, but I don't think not letting the police in was an option. Anytime there is domestic violence that involves children, the police are going to investigate and won't need your permission to enter your home. (I could be completely incorrect, but I doubt it) My guess is, the mother didn't know about the drugs and probably told her son to be honest with the police.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
obviously there aren't many details, but I don't think not letting the police in was an option. Anytime there is domestic violence that involves children, the police are going to investigate and won't need your permission to enter your home. (I could be completely incorrect, but I doubt it) My guess is, the mother didn't know about the drugs and probably told her son to be honest with the police.

Yeh if they have suspicion of a crime in progress they can enter, so they would have been able to.

I just know from talking to various cops that they tend to take advantage of being in the house to look around for any clues of illegal activities. So they would have taken the opportunity to look around the house once they were inside for the domestic abuse call.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Tim290280

ahh yes that's true. still though i was only speaking of the reaction the public has to stories like this, even though i'm sure the police were just going about business as usual when uncovering the boy had possesion of steroids

the legality of something means nothing to me, it's the morality behind it.

no i agree. i think it's lame that someone would need/want steroids just to get them into athletics/training. i think this was, for lack of a better word, an unintelligent father with a misguided notion of wanting to motivate his son. his intentions were good, but his means of going about it were ill informed and potentially harmful for his son considering his age.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahh yes that's true. still though i was only speaking of the reaction the public has to stories like this, even though i'm sure the police were just going about business as usual when uncovering the boy had possesion of steroids

no i agree. i think it's lame that someone would need/want steroids just to get them into athletics/training. i think this was, for lack of a better word, an unintelligent father with a misguided notion of wanting to motivate his son. his intentions were good, but his means of going about it were ill informed and potentially harmful for his son considering his age.
:2:
the legality of something means nothing to me, it's the morality behind it.
Disagree. Morality and logic have nothing to do with whether you go to fuck-me-in-the-arse-prison or are breaking the law.

I don't think steroids are illegal for the right reasons, I think they should be legal and available by doctor prescription (like birth control). I don't believe them to be harmful when administered correctly. That doesn't change the fact that in the country you and I respectively live it is illegal. Therefore suppliers are drug dealers of illegal product. So you can't get official medical advice, you can't get pharmaceutical grade (you can but how do you know the vial hasn't been contaminated, faked, or laced for the dealers profit?), and you can go to jail, end up with a criminal record (which hurts all sorts of things like employment, travel, career, relationships) and have ended up being gangbanged by a bunch of prisoners. :ughnoes: I mean lets see that legal defence: "Well I know it is illegal, but morally it is the right thing to do." Why is it moral to perform an illegal activity for your own physical self gratification?

Under the rule of law murder is illegal. But there are circumstances where philisophically it would be completely logical and to the benefit of society. Doesn't mean we should condone murder.

I'm very black and white on this issue, because when all said and done illegal drugs are illegal drugs. No-one will show any sympathy for a criminal.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I don't believe them to be harmful when administered correctly.
just like every other illegal drug. with the right knowledge and experience, any drug can be used in a safe manner.

I agree with you that steroids should be legal, but I disagree that they should require a doctors prescription.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just like every other illegal drug. with the right knowledge and experience, any drug can be used in a safe manner.

I agree with you that steroids should be legal, but I disagree that they should require a doctors prescription.
I'd just like to see a level of control over who gets them and have some medical involvement. The pill at the moment is pretty much a few questions on side effects, a blood pressure reading and once a year a pap smear. If it was by MD prescription then you could actually have the consult pay for a blood test and keep an eye on long term effects.

But I agree, MD's especially GP's aren't exactly the best people to be involved and the drugs aren't so bad that they couldn't just be over the counter.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:2:

Disagree. Morality and logic have nothing to do with whether you go to fuck-me-in-the-arse-prison or are breaking the law.

I don't think steroids are illegal for the right reasons, I think they should be legal and available by doctor prescription (like birth control). I don't believe them to be harmful when administered correctly. That doesn't change the fact that in the country you and I respectively live it is illegal. Therefore suppliers are drug dealers of illegal product. So you can't get official medical advice, you can't get pharmaceutical grade (you can but how do you know the vial hasn't been contaminated, faked, or laced for the dealers profit?), and you can go to jail, end up with a criminal record (which hurts all sorts of things like employment, travel, career, relationships) and have ended up being gangbanged by a bunch of prisoners. :ughnoes: I mean lets see that legal defence: "Well I know it is illegal, but morally it is the right thing to do." Why is it moral to perform an illegal activity for your own physical self gratification?

Under the rule of law murder is illegal. But there are circumstances where philisophically it would be completely logical and to the benefit of society. Doesn't mean we should condone murder.

I'm very black and white on this issue, because when all said and done illegal drugs are illegal drugs. No-one will show any sympathy for a criminal.

yes tim clearly my opinion holds no barring on how an officer/judge were to treat me if they were to catch me doing something illegal. i'm simply stating i don't have a problem doing something that is morally sound yet is illegal at the same time. i live my life by my moral standards and what i intrinsically know is right or wrong. this isn't to say i think the laws we as a civilization have are bad or wrong and i go against them just to buck them. but for instance, i find many guys who i help with anabolic advice goal oriented individuals who are honestly trying to improve themselves. these AREN'T criminals even though the law would tell you otherwise. when i help a guy out with his cycle, am i aiding a criminal? technically yes. is it a morally sound thing to do? hmm, also yes. morality wins. if you want to classify me as a criminal for this i couldn't care less.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes tim clearly my opinion holds no barring on how an officer/judge were to treat me if they were to catch me doing something illegal. i'm simply stating i don't have a problem doing something that is morally sound yet is illegal at the same time. i live my life by my moral standards and what i intrinsically know is right or wrong. this isn't to say i think the laws we as a civilization have are bad or wrong and i go against them just to buck them. but for instance, i find many guys who i help with anabolic advice goal oriented individuals who are honestly trying to improve themselves. these AREN'T criminals even though the law would tell you otherwise. when i help a guy out with his cycle, am i aiding a criminal? technically yes. is it a morally sound thing to do? hmm, also yes. morality wins. if you want to classify me as a criminal for this i couldn't care less.

Oh I understand, and you obviously do too. And I'm sure at the moment you are willing to suffer the consquences.

I suppose the reason I am so blunt about the subject is that a lot of people in this sport/industry are pretty blasé about anabolics and drugs in general. I think this is naive and people will at some stage regret this (usually the day they get caught).

I'll give an example of a good friend of mine. At uni he was into recreational drugs and bought some pills for him and his mates. It was a small amount but he was picked up in a bust with enough to be classified as a dealer (even though he was only a user). He went to court and had a conviction recorded but he didn't serve time (small amount and first offense). He has since been awarded numerous science awards, one with an international travel grant to the research institute of his choosing funded by the Aust Govt. When he went to travel he found that his visa was revoked to travel, even though the Australian Government were officially recommending him to other countries as a scientist. His piddling little mistake from a decade ago continues to haunt him even though he is regarded as one of the best young scientists in the country.

It may seem ok, it may seem as though it isn't a bad thing. But people need to be aware that the law doesn't care. You will suffer for a crime. And in all fairness I don't think that taking AAS is worth it unless your career depends upon it (e.g. elite athlete).

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh I understand, and you obviously do too. And I'm sure at the moment you are willing to suffer the consquences.

I suppose the reason I am so blunt about the subject is that a lot of people in this sport/industry are pretty blasé about anabolics and drugs in general. I think this is naive and people will at some stage regret this (usually the day they get caught).

I'll give an example of a good friend of mine. At uni he was into recreational drugs and bought some pills for him and his mates. It was a small amount but he was picked up in a bust with enough to be classified as a dealer (even though he was only a user). He went to court and had a conviction recorded but he didn't serve time (small amount and first offense). He has since been awarded numerous science awards, one with an international travel grant to the research institute of his choosing funded by the Aust Govt. When he went to travel he found that his visa was revoked to travel, even though the Australian Government were officially recommending him to other countries as a scientist. His piddling little mistake from a decade ago continues to haunt him even though he is regarded as one of the best young scientists in the country.

It may seem ok, it may seem as though it isn't a bad thing. But people need to be aware that the law doesn't care. You will suffer for a crime. And in all fairness I don't think that taking AAS is worth it unless your career depends upon it (e.g. elite athlete).

that's a good perspective to have on it and i'm more than aware that law enforcement don't give a shit 99% of the time and will treat you like low life just because some old men 1000 miles away deemed what you're doing "wrong". of course something is not worth doing if the risk is great. i would never take a risk that i know could put me in serious risk of ruining my future. like i said i don't go against the law or try to buck it and have no plans on doing so, i'm just speaking theoritically.