• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kerry cutler - interview with jay cutler's wife

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is an interview with Jay Cutler's wife, Kerry Cutler.

Jay Cutler, a successful bodybuilder, is married to Kerry Cutler, a Family Nurse Practitioner who works in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Las Vegas. They have been together for 19 years and have four children. Kerry is supportive of Jay's career and helps him run his businesses. They live in Florida but Kerry often travels to Boston to visit her family.

jayandkerry2-1.jpg

FST-7: What is your occupation?

KC: I am a Family Nurse Practitioner. I currently work in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Las Vegas.

FST-7: How long have you and Jay been together?

KC: We have been together for19 yrs. We have been married for 10 those years. Our 10 year anniversary is this year.

FST-7: How and where did you two meet?

KC: Jay and I went to high school together. We knew of each other through friends during our freshman and sophomore years but did not start dating until the end of our junior year.

FST-7: Was he bodybuilding/competing when you guys first started going out? If so, what did you think about it?

KC: Jay did not start bodybuilding until he was 18, after we graduated from high school. He was involved in football and working in his family business at that time. Due to the type of work he did with his family’s concrete business, Jay always had a good build, but he had small legs and calves in high school!

FST-7: Where you always attracted to bodybuilders?

KC: Jay evolved into a bodybuilder through the years we have been together. I am attracted to people that take pride in their health and appearance, not necessarily bodybuilders.

FST-7: What do your friends and family think of your husband being a professional bodybuilder?

KC: My friends and family are very proud of what Jay has accomplished personally and professionally over the years. They realize that what he does requires a lot of dedication and sacrifice. Everyone has been very supportive through the ups and downs.

FST-7: Do you ever get the “itch” to compete yourself in bodybuilding or fitness/figure after going to the shows and seeing all the competitors?

KC: I really admire the hard work and dedication that goes into fitness/figure but I have never really had the strong desire to get up on stage myself.

FST-7: What is the hardest thing for you to deal with during his prep?

KC: I actually enjoy Jay’s diet prep for the most part because he is home rather than travelling for 12 weeks. I think the last couple weeks are the most stressful because it is crunch time. At that point, all the hard work is done, but it is the final stretch to dial in that is stressful. I am lucky because Jay is not a moody dieter!

FST-7: If your husband was not a pro bodybuilder…

1. What do you think his occupation would be?

KC: A professional motor cross racer

What would you want him to do for work?

KC: It doesn’t really matter to me what specifically he would do for work as long as he enjoyed what he was doing and was happy. If a career makes you unhappy, then it is time for a change.

FST-7: What is the hardest thing for you to deal with come show day?

KC: I feel sitting in the audience during the competition is the hardest part for me on show day. We have been doing this for so long, but it never fails that I am sitting in my seat with my nervous leg bouncing up and down a million times. Bodybuilding is a tough sport. They train all year and diet/train hard for 12 weeks, and then it boils down to two days. Everything can go right, but it can also go very wrong…

FST-7: Do you feel pressure to look a certain way, eat a certain way or workout due to the industry your significant other is in?

KC: I enjoy eating healthy and working out. It has become a habit in our house. I don’t feel pressure from the industry, but I do enjoy trying to stay in good shape. I am my own worst critic.

FST-7: So obviously your husband is a “celebrity” in this bodybuilding community and with fame comes all kinds of stuff so let’s get into the juicy details:

1. How do you deal with the fans/groupies that come around when you are there? When you aren’t there?

KC: Fans/groupies are our livelihood in this business. They buy tickets at the shows and visit our websites for sales. Without them, we don’t have a sport, so you have to learn to go with the flow. Jay gets stopped everywhere we go. It may take us twice as long to get to the gate at the airport because he is taking pictures and signing magazines. I think it is great. Whether I am present or not, my feelings are the same.

2. FST-7: Have you ever had an “incident” or encounter with a fan who was clearly out of line or disrespectful when you were present? If so what did you do?

KC: I have never had an “incident” with any fans. Our fans, male and female, are very supportive and a lot of them have been following us for years. I get emails from the wives/girlfriends of fans asking questions or looking for support.

FST-7: How do you feel about/handle the not so nice remarks or opinions about your significant other written on the boards or in magazines or said on the radio?

KC: To be honest, I don’t read the boards, read the magazines, or listen to the radio shows. I know how hard Jay works personally and professionally. I also understand that this is a subjective sport and everyone has varying opinions. I don’t feel it is worth listening or reading about negativity. I have heard about so many negative comments being made especially on the boards. The athletes are all trying to be their best and I don’t understand why others want to make negative comments about their physiques and more importantly their character when they don’t even know the person.

FST-7: How do you deal with all the travelling and the sometimes grueling schedule your spouse has?

KC: Jay’s travel schedule has become a routine in our life for many years now. There are years when he is gone every weekend from Jan to June. It becomes hard because I work full time during the week as well as some weekends and he is away on the weekends. I just tell myself that it won’t be like this forever. It is part of the package deal and it is his job. We both work very hard at our careers. I feel it is important that we both have our own careers. I try to travel on certain weekends with him if it is possible.

FST-7: Where do you see your lives in 5-10 years?

KC: I see us with a house here in Vegas and probably a place in CA (hopefully at the beach!). I see us relaxing much more than we do now. We both don’t stop right now. I work all day and work on the internet orders with Jay at night. Jay is traveling, working the website, and continuously moving. People think he lies around all day eating, sleeping, and training, he doesn’t sleep much

FST-7: Are there any general likes or dislikes you have about this industry?

KC: I love the fact that I have met so many great fans and friends over the years through bodybuilding. The industry has given us a great life. As far as dislikes, I feel the internet and the boards have brought a cloud of negativity to the sport.

FST-7: In closing is there anything else you want to share that we have not asked?

KC: No

FST-7: Do you have a personal website that you want to promote or hobbies, charities, events that you would like to mention?

KC: jaycutler.com

I want to take the opportunity here to thank Kerry again for taking the time to answer my questions and for providing very honest answers. This concludes our interview for this month. Stay tuned for next month’s installment.

-Jackie Prince

jay cutler bodybuilder wife

Jay Cutler is one of the most successful bodybuilders in history. Kerry Cutler is his wife.

Kerry is originally from Boston, Massachusetts. She met Jay when she was working as a flight attendant and he was a passenger on her plane. They hit it off and started dating soon after.

The couple married in 2002 and have four children together. Kerry has been a big supporter of Jay's career, traveling with him to competitions and helping him prepare for shows.

In addition to being a successful bodybuilder, Jay is also a businessman. He has his own line of supplements and owns several gyms around the country. Kerry helps him run these businesses, handling the day-to-day operations while Jay focuses on his bodybuilding career.

The Cutlers live in Florida year-round, but Kerry still has family in Boston. She often travels back and forth between the two cities, splitting her time between her husband and her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the article, Lion

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh, ronnies wife is cooler :headbang:

Cutler

Cutler

omg:bball:

Y americans are like girls....so bitchi.....!

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seems like a nice woman. Very supportive.