• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutlers 5lbs of Orange Roughy possibly screwing him...

MetalMX

MetalMX

I was just looking into a bit more research about mercury poisoning which i currently am trying to deal with and chelate or excrete from my body and thought about Jay Cutler and how he eats 5lbs of orange roughy almost a day during his precontest which is like 12-16 weeks and thats a shitload of mercury.

Orange Roughy has one of the HIGHEST mercury levels of most fish and mercury accumulating in your body can seriously mess you up in so many ways i dont know where to start. So it couldve possibly been messing with his pre-contest preparation thats for sure.

Mercury interferes with hormones, fluid balance, CNS, bones/joints everything.

I wonder if he does hair analysis and is aware of heavy metal intoxication.... just a thought.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Good thread. Looking forward to hear some good answers.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was reading a Q & A with Dave Palumbo and the guy asking him a question was on a low carb high protein & fat diet. and One of his staple foods was orange roughy. One of the results of his diet was that every time he took a shit it would be really oily, and leave his ass all oily too (no homo). Dave concluded it was the orange roughy that was doing doing this to him and told him to get rid of it.

MetalMX

MetalMX

No one should eat 5lbs of fish a day, taking anything to a extreme will not benefit the body.

He should drop the high fish intake replace it with more egg whites, protein powders and chicken breasts for his pre-contest schedule and check his mercury levels in my opinion. I wonder with all Dave's intelligence he didn't mention the mercury issue to culter.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I think you worry too much about mercury.

If you live in a city you will undoubtably be receiving a high intake of lead. If you drink water you will be getting all sorts of nasties in your body. If you have ever drunk out of a soft drink or beer can, or consume tea then you are likely to have high levels of aluminium. If you live in an area regarded as new soils then your background radiation levels are very high. Ditto if you fly a lot.

Suffice to say daily living is all ganging up to kill you. But so is the BBing diet and lifestyle. Being super lean (<12% BF for men) all year is not good for your health. Having your weight change/flucuate by more than 5% in a year is bad news. Not eating enough variety of foods is bad for you due to nutrient and mineral deficiencies and imbalances.

Don't kid yourself that BBing is healthy or that living in general isn't without plenty of perils we happily ignore.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think its valid comparing lead or aluminium with mercury. I think the issue of mercury in fish its a good point to raise and possibly something that alot of guys who are eating ridiculous amounts of fish products are ignorant to or simply couldnt care about.
Metalmx....how did you get mercury posioning? was it from consuming fish caught locally? I eat a lot of fish in Sydney and havent particularly heard of any recent warnings of high mercury levels for deep sea fish.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ :doh:

You do realise that aluminium has been directly linked with neural problems due to its cummulative effect in the body? You do realise that it therefore results in all sorts of disorders in the body?

You do realise that lead is one of the largest environmental contaminants in the world (aside from fecal matter)? You do realise that it is also toxic and cummulative in the body?

Seriously they are valid comparisons. My point was that we quite happily ignore these factors but get stressed about mercury. BBers are not healthy either. So get a better perspective or you'll never leave the house or eat and drink again.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course I realise the dangers of heavy metals including both aluminium and lead having a cummulative effect in the body. I think the point metalmx was trying to raise though was directly related to high levels of mercury in fish, and in particular orange roughie.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Thanks for ignoring my points. None of the heavy metals would be accumulating to high levels if BBers ate a more diverse and balanced diet. Worrying about this minuta sort of stuff when there are bigger issues is pointless. This is just one symptom of a larger problem.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^totally agree with you Tim, there are so many things that negatively affect the body nowadays that something like mercury should be only a small problem. There are more important and dangerous things that can get you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrThinker

MrThinker

I remember Kai Green saying he ate about Ten pounds of Fish Daily

MetalMX

MetalMX

Eating 5 pounds of fish a day will jack up your mercury levels i dont care what anybody says its pretty much common sense.

Someone i know got mercury toxicity from eating sushi 2 times a week! lol hows that for nuts.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Of course I realise the dangers of heavy metals including both aluminium and lead having a cummulative effect in the body. I think the point metalmx was trying to raise though was directly related to high levels of mercury in fish, and in particular orange roughie.

Yes exactly the point i was trying to raise.

You don't know for sure if it is causing you problems until you know your levels in the body. Hair analysis, blood test etc. Theirs literally hundreds of symptoms you can have from it from very minor to life threatening.

Because professional bodybuilders strive for physical perfection onstage with sick amounts of muscle mass coupled with a sick abscence of bodyfat its definitly something that could mess with their progress just my 2 cents.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ :doh:

You do realise that aluminium has been directly linked with neural problems due to its cummulative effect in the body? You do realise that it therefore results in all sorts of disorders in the body?

You do realise that lead is one of the largest environmental contaminants in the world (aside from fecal matter)? You do realise that it is also toxic and cummulative in the body?

Seriously they are valid comparisons. My point was that we quite happily ignore these factors but get stressed about mercury. BBers are not healthy either. So get a better perspective or you'll never leave the house or eat and drink again.

:deadhorse:

I totally see your point Tim and understand. Just for those of you who didn't see what Tim was saying is that there are so many other ways of getting poisoned through life also. I used to eat 3-4 cans of tuna a day for 3 years. Did I have any problems? nope. You guys worry way to much about problems that rarely exist. Just because someone said it on the internet doesn't mean its true.

Also Metal, I don't want to be insensitive because hell, you could have a ton of health problems but to me it sounds like your a hypochondriac or treat your body horribly. Either way I hope you get it figured out.

Plus, its a lot harder now a days to get mercury poisoning from fish. Why you might ask? Well the fish build up mercury from their prey that they eat in the wild. Most of the fish that we eat in stores now is farm raised. (At least I know this is the case in the US) They don't have the chance to store up the mercury in their system from little bait fish.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why not email him and ask him?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
His diet looks different this time around though...I think he did use a lot of fish offseason before aswell...anyway there's no fish in there now

"Off Season Diet

This is my diet as of November 2, 2008. Current weight is 285 lbs.

Meal 1 20 egg whites (Lana's Egg Whites), 3 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 bagel, 1 glass orange juice, water and multivitamin.

Meal 2 8 oz. steak (top round) and 1.5 cups white rice.

Meal 3 8 oz. chicken and 1 cup brown rice.

Pre-Workout 1 serving of naNO Vapor™ and 1 serving of CryoTest™.

Workout

Post-Workout 1 serving ANABOLIC HALO™, 1 serving LEUKIC® Hardcore, 1 scoop Cell-Tech™ Hardcore, 1 serving Glutamine and 1 serving of Vitamin B.

Meal 4 10 oz. of chicken and 3 cups white rice with onions and garlic.

Meal 5 8 oz. chicken and 1 cup brown rice.

Meal 6 3 scoops of Nitro-Tech® Hardcore, 1 cup oatmeal and 1 banana.

Meal 7 14 egg whites (Lana's egg whites) and 1 cup oatmeal.

Before Bed 1 serving of each of the following: Glutamine, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B Complex and Vit C."

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ he eats lots of fish while gettin ready for a show, not offseason

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
IMO it would be REALLY intresting to see him do a Palumbo kind of diet!

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
23 eggs first thing in the morning...wow thats suffering.
although i have to admire someone that is so dedicated

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ its 20 eggwhites and 3 whole eggs..eggwhites are easy to eat...