• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Silvio Samuel wins first show of '09 season

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
2009 IRONMAN PRO FINAL REPORT

It's a slam dunk for Silvio Samuel as he starts the 2009 season with a victory at the Ironman Pro Championships at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday night, adding a win at the 20th anniversary edition of the show to his growing resume. There was never any real doubt that Samuel would come out on top as he dominated from the moment he stepped onstage at this morning's prejudging, and that sentiment didn't change come nightfall. El Matador was at or close to his 2008 Mr. Olympia form, where he placed seventh. All the trademark Samuel strengths were in evidence: thick, striated pecs, tiny waist, flaring quads and tip-top condition.

"I'm very happy," Samuel said moments after winning his third open pro contest. "My goal was to come in and have two shows, the one I'm in and the one the rest of the guys are in. I was five pounds heavier than I was at the Olympia with the same condition." Samuel came out on top in his much ballyhooed rivalry with Moe El Moussawi, one that began a year ago when El Moussawi placed one spot ahead of Samuel (third to Samuel's fourth) at the 2008 Ironman. Entering this year's show, Samuel made no secret of his opinion that he was the better man that night. And while that story is history, Samuel made amends tonight.

"I proved that I always back up my words," Samuel said.

The real question this night was who would land in the runner-up spot. Would it be Germany's Ronny Rockel or New Zealand's El Moussawi? Both have complete physiques but Rockel had more pleasing lines while El Moussawi had the edge in thickness. In the end, El Moussawi's superior dryness kept him ahead of the hard charging Rockel.

Fourth-place finisher Hidetada Yamagishi redeemed his less than stellar ninth place at the 2008 Atlantic City Pro with a gutsy performance tonight that saw him scratch and claw his way back into the mix. Yamagishi – who worked with master trainer Charles Glass – brought a much improved back, outstanding wheels and enough dense, shredded beef to keep him competitive against significantly heavier opponents.

In fifth place was Ahmad Haidar, who made a nice return to the stage after last competing in the 2007 Sacramento Pro, where he finished fourth. Tonight, his trademark abs and classical lines bagged the final Mr. Olympia qualifying spot.

Eddie Abbew, Mohammad Bannout, Mark Dugdale, Marcus Haley and Johnnie Jackson rounded out the top ten with the top five earning the first qualifications of the season for the 2009 Mr. Olympia.

So ends the 20th Anniversay Ironman Pro Championships. With a new winner and strong contenders for future shows, it looks like 2009 is going to be one hell of a year.

Results:

2009 IRONMAN PRO FINAL RESULTS

1. Silvio Samuel*
2. Moe El Moussawi*
3. Ronny Rockel*
4. Hidetada Yamagishi*
5. Ahmad Haidar*
6. Eddie Abbew
7. Mohammad Bannout
8. Mark Dugdale
9. Marcus Haley
10. Johnnie Jackson
11. Troy Alves
12. Oliver Adzievski
13. Martin Kjellstrom
14. Thomas Benagli
15. Constantinos Demetriou

* Qualifies for 2009 Mr. Olympia

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hide suprised me big time.Check out his back condition!

Last edited by a moderator:
.:::X-Treme:::.

.:::X-Treme:::.

Ronny was robbed once again IMO... he displayed a perfectly well balanced body...great size and conditioning and an outstanding simmetry....a shame...

CombBoy

CombBoy

Well done to Hide for the O qualification. Great comeback! Cant wait to see what happens at the Arnold :music:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With Hide, cracking the top 5 at the ironman, great news for him with an awesome comeback
he will be hungry for more great placings this year while ready to pack more size on without a doubt, this year might be a great come back year for him!
a somewhat underdog for decent placings.

Congrats to silvio, he displayed a great overall package, fullness all over in muscle bellies, ripped and hard! a most likely a top 8 finish at this years Mr O aswel

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alves 11th??? WTF! He looked much better than JOJ nad Haley.... and I also didn't have Martin in 13th....

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alves 11th??? WTF! He looked much better than JOJ nad Haley.... and I also didn't have Martin in 13th....

Martin's back is almost invisible from the front and really one of his weak points.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very disappointed with Dugdale. Expected much more from him when he turned pro.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
silvio has the ugliest physique, his belly is disgusting and makes him look weird,
shouldnt have won it
ronny rockell should have won it

Zviko

Zviko

I think silvio deserved it amazing condition ronny rockel didn't reach that condition although silvio s back still looks thin fromt eh back his improved , i really thought troy alves for once would be given an unbiased placing but fucking hell 11th place???

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Silvio won a good contest! He will be a top 6 threat at the AC

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

My personal ranking:
1.Ronny Rockel
2.Moe El Moussawi
3.Silvio Samuel
Ronny was robbed BIG TIME, same for Moe, Silvio's lat spread is pathetic compared to these two guys, and he doesn't look as thick as them in the arms area, not to mention his little shoulders, and Yamagishi wasn't that good too.Troy Alves deserved to be in the top 10, he came in with very good condition.I hoped Dugdale would have surprised us, but instead he wasn't nothing special compared to other competitors.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree, but I wouldnt have put Alves much higher.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Condition wise i think alves was the one of the worst especially from the back...he really needs to get the conditioning down in the glute ham area, he has no seperation at all!

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All I want to say is that maybe except for the top 3-5, this was a very low quality competition with some big disappointments from well-known faces...also I don't get it how some of the guys in that contest got pro status...

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Ronny, in my honest opinion, deserved MOAR. Anyway, congrats to Hide for propelling into top rank.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This was by far the most lackluster Ironman of all times... :(

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Silvio was the clear cut winner. Despine his narrow frame and high lats, his conditioning was insane and he deserved the win. Moe over RR???? I dont agree with that one.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Silvio was the clear cut winner. Despine his narrow frame and high lats, his conditioning was insane and he deserved the win. Moe over RR???? I dont agree with that one.

I agree.

Ronnie has an amazing shape, especially from the front. But, when he turns around, his back needs a lot of work, and he's never hard enough.

I think the judges definitely got this right. When it's close, give it to the most conditioned competitor.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rockel was insane from the front as always...his back condition looked better than it has in the past IMO but still not matching the front.

Conditioning clearly won this show. Ronnie still should have taken 2nd