• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Undermethylation, Overmethylation and why you shouldn't use N.O Supplements!

MetalMX

MetalMX

WHAT IS METHYLATION

"Methylation refers to the controlled transfer of a methyl group, made up of a carbon atom and three hydrogen atoms, abbreviated CH3. Such movement of carbon atoms goes on in every cell and tissue of the body, for methylation is involved in hundreds of chemical reactions that regulate cell energy, healing, immunity and genetic expression of DNA and RNA . All of these reactions are responsive to environmental conditions. Thus methylation is a central feature of adaptation to the ever-changing physical and chemical conditions of life."

Improper methylation leads to diabetes, cancer, MS, autistic like features, and peripheral nerve damage.
It means your DNA information in your cells is being mis replicated. But it can be corrected by supplying proper nutrients in the proper form to over ride the conversion process. 50% of people are undermethylated and have no clue what is really happening, but it really depends on if there is a genetic mutation with in their cells if it leads to other disaease such as cancer, MS, diabetes. Roughly 45-50% of people are undermethylated, 15% overmethylated and the rest are normal.

These two article explains the process more:

http://www.drinkyourvitamins.com/press/HPOMethylation_OlaLoa.pdf

http://jbnat.com/articles/methylation.pdf

When you have under or overmethylation for a long time genetic mutations start to occur causing all sorts of chronic problems. In regards to bodybuilding people taking Nitric oxide products on a consistent basis or even not so consistent basis are flooding and jamming up their methylation pathways. One needs to know yes it helps build muscle but at what other biological expense or mutations which can occur. I have seen numerous people become biological nightmare from No2 products because we are being exposed to it everyday from the enviromnemt from the pollution then we increase it internally even more. It has been already proven that nitric oxide causes the adrenals to stop producing cortisol.

Also just about every person that has used nitric oxide has either been B-12 deficient or folate deficient at the cellular level.

Now how do you know if your under or overmethylated you ask? and what can i do about it?

Well Urine amino acid testing is the best indicator of methylation because it shows what pathways are over active or underactive via amino acid metabolites. Also High Histamine is a good indicator of methylation status. Low histamine = overmethylated and high histamine = undermethylated. Elevated basophils are also a sign of undermethylation.

Most undermethylated persons exhibit seasonal allergies,
perfectionism, strong wills, slenderness, OCD tendencies, high libido, etc.

Overmethylated persons generally exhibit anxiety, absence of seasonal allergies, presence of food/chemical sensitivities, dry eyes, low perspiration, artistic/music interests/abilities, intolerance to Prozac and other SSRI's, etc.

Conditions associated with undermethylation: Anorexia, Bulemia, shopping/gambling disorders, depression, schizo-affective disorder, delusions, oppositional-defiant disorder, OCD.

Conditions associated with overmethylation: Anxiety/Panic disorders, anxious depression, hyperactivity, learning disabilities, low motivation, "space cadet" syndrome, paranoid schizophrenia, hallucinations.

To adjust your imbalance you need to be on a particular supplement reigm taking things such as SAMe, folic acid, B12, Methionine, calcium, magnesium, B6, TriMethylGlycine etc... which will help a over or undermethylated state. A note is that supplements that are good for overmethylations are damaging for those who are undermethylators and vice versa simply because they further exaggerate the over or undermethylation in your body.

Commentary on Nutritional Treatment
of Mental Disorders
from Willam Walsh, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Pfeiffer Treatment Center

http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/walshMP.htm

Doctors won't tell you what it is very few doctors even know about this process but it is something extremely important to your health which when adjusted can help you life a longer and healthier life.

:borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmmmm. I would actually like to see a bit of actual science here as there are a lot of claims there and no actual information. The quick bit of reading I've done gives no support to this article. So I'd like more info.

Overmethylation/undermethylation is a mental disorder related to OCD as far as I can see. Not all the things listed. Plus NO production occurs in the body as a byproduct of exercise anyway. So what are the supposed levels of NO production that will cause issues?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Their isnt a lot of scientific backing yet its more theory than scientific fact yet but those in the "know" will agree this is true. I mean taking NO supplements such as NO explode for example on a regular basis will mess up your methylation.

When methylation beings to be over or underactive the new genes which your body creates have mutations and from this health problems from minor to major arise.

Tim check out the diagram in this link: http://www.drinkyourvitamins.com/pre...ion_OlaLoa.pdf

I have done amino acid urine testing as well as blood testing and i have found i have undermethylation and most of my health problems i believe are from this. Ive then started taking supplements to improve my methylation and i am now feeling a lot better than before.

I will try and find some scientific proof to back this up and post in on this thread as soon as i can.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ The link doesn't work.

It appears to be a theory no-one is researching. Who is researching it? If it is as claimed this would be pretty simple to analyse, especially if you are already able to get a test done.

I'm in an industry that is full of snake oil salesmen. You get pretty skeptical of any of these sorts of claims and things. This one smells a lot like snake oil.