• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My DVD Collection

P

Pain

VIP
When I can't think of what to watch next, I usually check out this guys DVD update videos. He buys about 300 DVDs every month. I've seen alot of movies I've never heard of because of this guys videos.

Good to check out if you can't think of a movie you want to watch.

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4FBD38A92767978C

His latest update.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx pain! funny guy

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As of lately i've been running out of movies to watch, waiting for the video to load to check out his unholy DVD selection :keke:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the vid Pain
i just got a question does this guy have any life at all?

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
/bump

the newest update for My DVD Collection:
Feb 25, 2009

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys gotta lot of good movies. thanks

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The plot of National Lampoon's Stoned Age is hard to explain? lol wut

I just don't see the point of buying that many movies...and I'm a collector myself.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The plot of National Lampoon's Stoned Age is hard to explain? lol wut

I just don't see the point of buying that many movies...and I'm a collector myself.

he buys most of them from wal-mart, lol so cheap. 8 - 18$
those cheap sci-fis lulz. .99cent buy for me

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^while i download a lot of movies myself and i'm all against RIAA (and their international equivalents) i find that reasoning dumb.
1st: no matter how well you rip a movie, if there's recompression, there's loss.
2nd: collections are collections.
3rd: when you really enjoy/use/like someone's work the least you can do is pay for it. I own movies i first downloaded.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ INteresting point.

There is currently a court case in Australia against one of the ISP companies. They are being sued by the Film and Music people to get them to police or release the IP's of any users downloading things illegally. I agree and disagree with this. Music and Film companies have come to the internet party late. If they had been smart they could have had easy distribution and promotion of new bands, movies, artists and larger market and sales share. They could reach a much larger audience simply because the promotion costs would be far less to reach a global community. But instead they have been insular. By the same token they do own the rights to the copyright so they should get some compenstation for their investment in getting the artist/movie/show from nothing to something so that we get to experience it for ourselves.

I personally download stuff that I haven't heard or seen as yet. I can get access to music I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. As a result I have bought more CD's in the past year than I have in the 8 years prior to that. All because I treated the internet as a library to browse and find artists I like and want to hear more from. Lets take that away from people and see how well the industry does.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it drives me nuts when he is talking about a movie and he looks at the cover about 10 times while he is giving his review.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To Storm, i download full Copys, not compressed

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
it drives me nuts when he is talking about a movie and he looks at the cover about 10 times while he is giving his review.
What bothers me is how he talks about the movies so passively, as if he can't remember much of it at all, save a few plot points. I don't see the point of ingesting so much "stimulation" from any artistic medium because it trivializes some of the better works. His recollection of films seems blurry at best, so what does he get out of them? Two hours of forgettable entertainment? Meh, I'll pass.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

I also realized that but apparently he cannot keep his eyes still, he keeps moving them:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
What bothers me is how he talks about the movies so passively, as if he can't remember much of it at all, save a few plot points. I don't see the point of ingesting so much "stimulation" from any artistic medium because it trivializes some of the better works. His recollection of films seems blurry at best, so what does he get out of them? Two hours of forgettable entertainment? Meh, I'll pass.
what bothers me is the fact that he buys such shitty movies.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
what bothers me is the fact that he buys such shitty movies.

More than bothered i'm quite envy of the amounts of cash this guy is able to spend in his hobby. Besides that don't you guys have a collector of anything in your family/friends? They don't care much about the quality of the thing (some of them do about if its used, mint...). At least this guy can watch those movies, keyholders, matches and shit like that aren't really usable by collectors.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why are you guys bashing the poor fatty up ?

He has filled that niche that was missing from his life. A man can only eat so many pizzas before feeling empty inside. This is how he feels that void in his soul, by buying DVDs and... uploading some vids into the internet.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
This kid doesn't seem like a collector, he just seems like a compulsive shopper/hoarder.

When you collect stuff, you should pick things that are rare or have personal value to you. Not just buying anything & everything that comes your way.

If you're a car collector, you wouldn't go onto Ebay and buy every single car you saw just because you have the money to do so. This kid seems like he walks into Wal-Mart and grabs every new release whether he wants it or not.