Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
  • The Facebook Platform
  1. Back To Top    #1

I'm doing things right??

Hi Peeps,

I have been lifting for over a year and achieved size which was my main goal when I first started pumping iron!! Now I want to cut down, have muscle tone and most likely get rid of my below average belly fat (I come from a skinny frame) . I started doing cardio and working my abs on a weekly basis now, and eating 5-6 healthy foods a day. Should I take any protein shake?? I bought ON ProComplex protein shake which has 60g. of protein but the downfall is that it has 650 cal. with 70 cal. being from fat and I now most shakes will get you bigger but at the same time fatter!! Should I keep my shake ?? or loose and slim down first?? Allthough I'm confused why should I drop my shake since protein =muscle & muscle = fat loss!! Any advice will be great!!

by the way this how I have been eating lately!

*Meal 1
    *Protein shake after lifting with Meal 2 (Snack)

*Meal 3

*Meal 4 (Snack)

NIGHT -

*Meal 5
    *Protein Shake before sleep

By the way I drink water all freaken day with my meals & shake to cut calories as much as possible!

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

Push/Pull + Mind = Control & Power

•   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors

2. Back To Top    #2
    depends what your meals actually are, give me an example of what you eat.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mecca V.I.P.
    Once other members log on, more help will be given,

As "TheWeapon" a.k.a Frank has stated with giving us your meals on what you currently eat , which then we will be able to assist you better with what needs to be changed and what other sources of foods you can add,

With cardio start off with maybe 3 cardio session
    Then as the weeks continue add another cardio session if you feel the need to.

As for protein shake, the current one your taking now is ON ProComplex, half the scoop so there is 30g protein
    But look into 100% Whey by ON, would suit you much better off for price to ratio of scoops with alot less calories per scoop aswel.
    You only really need 1 - 2 protein shakes a day
    one for Post workout and One just before bed preferably a slow release casein powder

[OCT 08,FEB 09|MOTM] DriDDeRz
    [2008 MOTY|2nd]

My Inbox is always open for Questions & help regarding anything