• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I'm doing things right??

A

amtz

Hi Peeps,

I have been lifting for over a year and achieved size which was my main goal when I first started pumping iron!! Now I want to cut down, have muscle tone and most likely get rid of my below average belly fat (I come from a skinny frame) . I started doing cardio and working my abs on a weekly basis now, and eating 5-6 healthy foods a day. Should I take any protein shake?? I bought ON ProComplex protein shake which has 60g. of protein but the downfall is that it has 650 cal. with 70 cal. being from fat and I now most shakes will get you bigger but at the same time fatter!! Should I keep my shake ?? or loose and slim down first?? Allthough I'm confused why should I drop my shake since protein =muscle & muscle = fat loss!! Any advice will be great!!

by the way this how I have been eating lately!

MORNING -

*Meal 1
*Protein shake after lifting with Meal 2 (Snack)

AFTERNOON -

*Meal 3

LATE NOON -

*Meal 4 (Snack)

NIGHT -

*Meal 5
*Protein Shake before sleep

By the way I drink water all freaken day with my meals & shake to cut calories as much as possible!

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends what your meals actually are, give me an example of what you eat.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once other members log on, more help will be given,

As "TheWeapon" a.k.a Frank has stated with giving us your meals on what you currently eat , which then we will be able to assist you better with what needs to be changed and what other sources of foods you can add,

With cardio start off with maybe 3 cardio session
Monday/wednesday/friday
Then as the weeks continue add another cardio session if you feel the need to.

As for protein shake, the current one your taking now is ON ProComplex, half the scoop so there is 30g protein
But look into 100% Whey by ON, would suit you much better off for price to ratio of scoops with alot less calories per scoop aswel.
You only really need 1 - 2 protein shakes a day
one for Post workout and One just before bed preferably a slow release casein powder