• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Transformation tip from D. Palumbo - Squats Squats SQUATS!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TransformLegs.jpg

http://transform.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/72/1/

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Yeah buddy, STFU and squat! :bball:

edit: as usual these kind of vids, are worth watching only 2 - 2:15 mins, someone shoot that "G"odfather.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He squats like a girl.

What's with that hand grip? And since when does a belt make up for that woefull forward lean?

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really hope no one on this board squats like that. I was actually very disappointed with his form there.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
He squats like a girl.

What's with that hand grip? And since when does a belt make up for that woefull forward lean?

I have to "hold" the bar that way too...some guys might have shoulder mass that is in the way :borat:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I have not been able to Squat for so fucking long. My god damn knee is all fucked up and swollen. It has been this way for weeks. I wake up and it's alright, I walk a couple of steps and it BAM, like a balloon again. I've use ointment, pills, everything... I've been reclused to doing leg curls/presses because I just can't hold too much weight.

Halp guys, plz =(

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to "hold" the bar that way too...some guys might have shoulder mass that is in the way :borat:

Ronnie seems to be able to squat fine using a normal grip, his massive shoulders don't seem to get in the way. That grip Dave used was the sort I would expect from someone who has no shoulder mobility or some really fucked up shoulders. In which case it should be a front squat and we shouldn't be listening to anything he has to say.

Anyone who is serious about having that bar stay on their shoulders needs to have a grip between 1.5 and 1.8x biacromonial width holding the bar with a pronated grip so that the arms and hands can actually steady the bar and hold it in place on the upper back.

Besides that; Dave started his squat with a lean forward, not a squat down. Plus on the way up he came forward again. his knees didn't track over his feet, they pushed out to the side (which he said he does), etc, etc Terrible form.

co05

co05

Besides that; Dave started his squat with a lean forward, not a squat down. Plus on the way up he came forward again.

You'd have to wonder how his lower back feels after heavy squats.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Ronnie seems to be able to squat fine using a normal grip, his massive shoulders don't seem to get in the way. That grip Dave used was the sort I would expect from someone who has no shoulder mobility or some really fucked up shoulders. In which case it should be a front squat and we shouldn't be listening to anything he has to say.

Anyone who is serious about having that bar stay on their shoulders needs to have a grip between 1.5 and 1.8x biacromonial width holding the bar with a pronated grip so that the arms and hands can actually steady the bar and hold it in place on the upper back.

Besides that; Dave started his squat with a lean forward, not a squat down. Plus on the way up he came forward again. his knees didn't track over his feet, they pushed out to the side (which he said he does), etc, etc Terrible form.

Ok...obviously you dont have humor, so lets skip that for now. What I ment was that he might just as you said have bad shoulders..and so do I. (And if you stop and think about it you know this, cause I told you once...and you told me how you would fix my problem if you had it...guess you have forgot about that?

I have found that holding the bar like that...the girly way if you wish.. removes ALOT of stress from my shoulders and traps...and if you check where he has the bar he doesn't have it on his shoulders...rather on his traps if you know what I mean....and a normal person with some shoulder mass will find it hard to graps the bar with a closed grip having the bar that low.

A highly knowledgeable person like you should know that bad shoulders hinder movment in someway more or less.. Adding overall shoulder mass didn't help for me...neither does it for Dave Im sure. Then your tone when you say he squats like a girl ect ect shouldn't be posted by a person like you imo, you should know better....and frankly who give a f**k how he holds the bar?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok...obviously you dont have humor, so lets skip that for now. What I ment was that he might just as you said have bad shoulders..and so do I. (And if you stop and think about it you know this, cause I told you once...and you told me how you would fix my problem if you had it...guess you have forgot about that?

I have found that holding the bar like that...the girly way if you wish.. removes ALOT of stress from my shoulders and traps...and if you check where he has the bar he doesn't have it on his shoulders...rather on his traps if you know what I mean....and a normal person with some shoulder mass will find it hard to graps the bar with a closed grip having the bar that low.

A highly knowledgeable person like you should know that bad shoulders hinder movment in someway more or less.. Adding overall shoulder mass didn't help for me...neither does it for Dave Im sure. Then your tone when you say he squats like a girl ect ect shouldn't be posted by a person like you imo, you should know better....and frankly who give a f**k how he holds the bar?
You said it was big shoulders not bad shoulders so :talkhand:

And no I don't remember offering any advice on shoulders to you. Don't take it personally, I can't remember much of last Monday either. :thumbsup2:

And I think it is fair to say that Dave squats like a girl. His form is terrible. He doesn't actually hold the bar in a manner that is safe. As a result he leans forward and puts a heap of strain on his back. If his shoulders are messed up or lacking mobility then he is cutting off his nose to spite his face. Front squats, or a model/stand-in would have been better examples.

And I remember seeing a super-heavy weight weightlifter squatting. Probably one of the largest men you'd ever see. His grip on the bar was the definition of a great example, as was his squatting. He didn't need some weird positioning or ultra wide grip, or a massive forward lean. :bullwhip:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I also suffer from shoulder problems and have a grip slight wider then shoulder grip, but i read somewhere that this is the best grip if oyu are doing normal squats( not power lifting version)because it creates a bigger base to put the bar on...i may be wrong but i remember readin this...OT, dave has bad form...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
You said it was big shoulders not bad shoulders so :talkhand:

If you read it again very slooowly you can see I said both..:talkhand:

And no I don't remember offering any advice on shoulders to you. Don't take it personally, I can't remember much of last Monday either. :thumbsup2:

I know you didn't, thats why I asked...:gaysign:

And I think it is fair to say that Dave squats like a girl. His form is terrible. He doesn't actually hold the bar in a manner that is safe.

Says who?...you? ok...:doh:

As a result he leans forward and puts a heap of strain on his back.

That I agree on

If his shoulders are messed up or lacking mobility then he is cutting off his nose to spite his face. Front squats, or a model/stand-in would have been better examples.

Again...who besides you cares?...if he want to do them that way let him.
I wonder how you would react if someone came up to you and said..."wtf are you doing Tim!..You cant hold the bar like that..grasp it like this!...my way, the right way".

I bet you would get really pissed...

Its really sad that you have to tell people that they are wrong just because they dont do it as you would've...but I guess you have done some vast research to prove that you are right, and by doing so everyone that doesn't agree is doing it wrong :borat:

And I remember seeing a super-heavy weight weightlifter squatting. Probably one of the largest men you'd ever see. His grip on the bar was the definition of a great example, as was his squatting. He didn't need some weird positioning or ultra wide grip, or a massive forward lean. :bullwhip:

I bet you use him as an example then?...be sure to send Dave a pm telling him he cant squat...and he makes it look like a girl squat...you´ll make his day. :tiphat:

End of my part in this discussion

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get a freaking grip DA. The guy is a huge wuss. There are no excuses for making an instructional video of such poor quality. Well, there is one actually; being the father of palumboism.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Get a freaking grip DA. The guy is a huge wuss. There are no excuses for making an instructional video of such poor quality. Well, there is one actually; being the father of palumboism.

:rofl3:

Exactly. Dave is showing people how to squat. He is showing them a crappy way of squatting. END OF STORY.

And it isn't my way or the highway. I'm taking my cues from the coaches, scientists and fitness experts who know about this sort of stuff. The more of these Tips of the Week that I see from Dave, the more he sits outside of the realm of experts I hold in my mind.:bitenails:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Tunen

Please point out where I have said anything about his form besides his grip?