• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dave & John Gone from MD

• Thread starter youngmusclejock
  • Start date
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's right folks, Dave and John have been fired from MD.

team flex

team flex

wow why??? does anyone know???

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Same question above

Any idea on why it happened?

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bad news :no: anyone knows why ???

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
WHAT?! they WERE muscular development lol jk but if they fired dave then it must have been something serious

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well I hope we get some members from there...
I wish Dave and John the best...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO reason as of yet has been given. As for members moving, they are already on the move.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From John

This is from John tonight on PBW (it was read live!!)

"After 18 years of dedicated service to Muscular Development Magazine and more recently it's website, the relationship that saw me rise from a mere contributor to a Senior Editor has come to, as all things enevitiblydo an end. However, the end was not unforseen . My gradually eroding confidence in manner in which business was being conducted and the decisions that were being made painted a very telling picture of things to come. Clearly the magazine and the website are headed counter my beliefs, not to mention those of my radio parnter and former editor in chief of the md.com website, Dave Palumbo. As you all probably know, Dave relationship with MD ended today. As well the manner in which the end unfolded was rather unfortunate, but not unexpected. It invinced quite accurately the evolving attitude of Muscular Development. I am very greatful to Steve Blechman for the opportunity hes offered me over the years, and wish him and his future endeavors much success. To all my fans readers and listeners, now decrying the gigantic hole I left in MD, rest assure, you ain't seen, or heard the last of me!"

- John Romano

H

Hane

I wish them the best in there future plans!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
They will also have:

Steve Blechman
We want to make you aware that Muscular Development has made several changes to its organizational team. These changes include the appointment of Robbie Durand as Editor In Chief of MuscularDevelopment.Com replacing Dave Palumbo. Additionally, John Romano is no longer Senior Editor of Muscular Development Magazine. We wish them the best in all of their future endeavors.

Robbie Durand
The new vision of the MD website is an extension of the MD magazine-providing up to the minute breaking news. MD will have the best content by scientists, nutritionists, and training guru's so that the MD community gets advice from all the experts in the field of bodybuilding. MD will be the premier place for training, nutrition, fat loss, drugs, contest coverage, and hardcore training.

MD athletes and writers are going to be regular contributors to the audio/visual side of the website.

The Team MD show starring Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler Show is going to bring a new perspective to the bodybuilding community.

The MD website is going to be "Team MD."

The MD community has great things to come, here are a few:

* Daily Cutting edge scientific research and breaking news. ·The MD Newsletter will be released next month. Part of the MD Newsletter is being dedicated to our MD Forum Members. New features to look for in the MD Newsletter are:
- Rising Star of the Month

- Women’s Bodybuilder of the Month

-Contest Coverage and photos

* The Charles Glass Training Video Tip of the Week

o Arnold Classic Prep Coverage and hardcore training video's of Victor, Kai, and Branch Warren. And much, much, more...

o More Hardcore “In the Trenches” Video’s
o Each month one Team MD athlete will be featured in a “hardcore training” Series!

o A Women’s Bodybuilding Podcast

o The Team MD Show with Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler.

o More Lee Priest...including the Lee Priest Zone...stay tuned.

^^originally posted by the man who replaces Dave Palumbo, Robbie Durand

So NO BULL Radio will be replaced with Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray Radio, like someone mentioned above.

shawnflexradiowshow-1.jpg

imo some of the changes might be good,esp the "Charles Glass training video tip of the week!!!" and in the trenches videos, monthly with an MD athlete!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets see if they improve or not..

But where are palumbo and john going now?

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read on bb.com that Dave is going to start a new site and forum.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah thats the best option for him, no other magazine would like to add the ananbolic guru to their precious magazine, he should start hos won site with romano and create some rivalry with MD,

He would have a real no bull hardcore site! and everyone he trains could help him and shit...it would be awesome!

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its sad that Dave and John r gone from MD, MD wont be the same!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
That sounds great if he starts a site of his own....50% of MDs members wil be gone

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ray and Wheeler... mmmm sounds good. Sorry for Dave, though.

D

demostenes

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YES, BAD NEWS.. BUT THE MD MAGAZINE WILL SURVIVE

GetSize

GetSize

This is extremely upsetting but not surprising. No one is recession proof!

B

big_duuude

Surprisingly mecca has been a bit slow at reporting this .... it all started early Monday morning with Romano not being able to log in.
First most of us noticed was the Monday's show was cancelled then we here it's gone for good and an new team MD is in place from next week. And all Dave & John's posts are gone from the website ! With everyone asking what's going on and why has it been handled in such an unprofessional manner ?

Guys you should download Monday's BIG NATION RADIO, they give a more in depth view than the mere few minutes Dan & Bob gave.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ultimate
Dave's "your fired" call from Blechman was great.
Pretty sure Dave will be back in the spotlight soon.

Some of the changes at MD's website could be very good but I really dislike that a lot of the guys still in a job are not sticking up for Dave the icon of NO Bull and the forum. Instead they and the new hires are all praising the new administration !
It all seems to be over Blechman's insistence that MD become anti-Ketogenic which is diametrically opposed to Dave/John/Dr. scott Connelly etc's experience that carbs are not essential.

Rather childish don't you think ?