• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Remakes better than the original? Do they exist?

P

Pain

VIP
I can't think of any that I have watched but then again, I don't touch remakes with a 10 foot pool these days.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fist Full of Dollars.

True Lies.

Evil Dead 2.

I'm not sure about this one but; 3:10 to Yuma

Oceans 11.

I've got more to add but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Remakes... it depends some sci-fi movie are better for remakes due to advanced special effects that can come to life than the clay figurines of the 80's

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not a huge fan of this or Yojimbo actually.
I officially remove your movie reviewers license :disgust: Please hand in your notebook, pen and your gun at the desk!!

Seriously though the draw down scene and the man with the rifle meets a man with a pistol scene are both classics of cinema!

I agree on Cape Fear. The original was lame in comparison.

RSVP - not really a remake as much as an homage to Rope (Hitchcock).

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I officially remove your movie reviewers license :disgust: Please hand in your notebook, pen and your gun at the desk!!
I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with either film, I'd say they're both good as far as textbook definitions are concerned but both Kurosawa and Leone have done far, far better pictures. These seem almost rudimentary by comparison.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with either film, I'd say they're both good as far as textbook definitions are concerned but both Kurosawa and Leone have done far, far better pictures. These seem almost rudimentary by comparison.

Can't claim to have seen too many of Kurosawa's films. I just think Dollars was superior to Yojimbo (although I have only seen the latter once).

Leone's A Few Dollars More was a weak movie compared to the other two in the trilogy and TGTBTU was the best. I've still got a soft spot for Once Upon A Time in the West as Leone's best.

I just think of all the remakes that have been made of Yojimbo that Dollars deserves a mention. I mean look at how shit the Bruce Willis one was (Last Man Standing).

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone seen the Invasion? I have, but not the original, just curious to see how it stacks up.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I'm going to put out a controversial one here:

I Am Legend.

Now the Omega Man was fine and dandy, and it had a lot more moral and dramatic tensions to it. Plus it wasn't "just another zombie" flick. But I felt that the character isolation and suspense was far superior in I Am Legend. Plus I felt Will Smith actually brought something to the character that Heston didn't (although Heston was the more believable army scientist).

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I'm going to put out a controversial one here:

I Am Legend.

Now the Omega Man was fine and dandy, and it had a lot more moral and dramatic tensions to it. Plus it wasn't "just another zombie" flick. But I felt that the character isolation and suspense was far superior in I Am Legend. Plus I felt Will Smith actually brought something to the character that Heston didn't (although Heston was the more believable army scientist).

I agree. In my opinion Will SMOTH could have done just a good job as an army scientist if the director cared enough to put him up for the task... they just didn't focus that much in that aspect of his life besides a few scenes.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel kinda stupid, I didn't no I am Legend was a remake :no:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i felt I am Legend ending was pretty poor fetch
i wouldnt mind seeing the first make of it

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
to me only 2-3% of remakes are actually worth seeing, and seeing a second time.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I Am Legend is actually the 2nd remake of that movie, the first was in the 50's. IMHO the first 2/3 were great, better by far than Omega Man. I'd like to pretend that they stopped making the movie after the dog died because everything went to shit from there on in.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ poor doggy, i seriously cried when he had to snap its neck :(

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would Dark Knight be considered a remake? Since it had the joker in it? Or is that too far of a stretch.