• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

When & what lead you get into Bodybuilding?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As the thread title states,

When did you get into the whole bodybuilding atmosphere
and What lead you into the path of bodybuilding sport,

For me

Well it goes back meny & meny of years to where i was only 6 or even younger my dad competed & trained as bodybuilder all his life back then and still does till this very day but doesn't compete anymore
Ive always went and watched him compete and i guess that fire inside me was lite at a young age but finally took the step at the age of 17

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use to wrestle all my life, and my dad always had bodybuilding magazines. The spark and interest was there, but my wrestling didn't allow. When I blew my knee my Senior year I lost a partial scholarship to Oklahoma State and the summer after my knee surgery I started lifting in the high school gym. I fell in love with it and got great results fast. The more I learned the more I loved the sport. It is the one thing that gave me that same personal gratification that wrestling did and allowed me to push myself beyond my normal capabilities.
That and I like being the biggest guy almost everywhere I go now :keke:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't really remember... i think i've always been fascinated by the human body (specially yours driddi :gaygay: ) and the fact that you can archive anything you want to.. hmm hold on does that sound gay? :keke:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i don't really remember... i think i've always been fascinated by the human body (specially yours driddi :gaygay: ) and the fact that you can archive anything you want to.. hmm hold on does that sound gay? :keke:

Im very similar to you in the sense that it was my fascination about how the body moves and works that got me into bodybuilding.

Once I was in though, the usual people pushed me further in. Arnold, Franco, Ronnie etc... and the fact that I was getting stronger kept me in the game.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Being extremely fat as a kid. My uncle was in the army, always ripped and muscular. "Go to da gym" he whispered into my ear whilst punching me in the guts for being fat. Never again I said... never again.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I needed to gain some strength for basketball....the rest is history...

H

Hane

I used to be quite skinny in the previous years where my friends picked on me.
So I started to hit the gym to gain some weight and add muscles. However you can say I got into BB two years ago when my gym closed for 15 months. It gaved me so much motivation to become the best in my area.
But the main reason what got me into BB was first to become a rolemodel and being able to help people with their goals (PT). That made me realise what I can do with my body!

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was tired of being the funny guy if you know want i mean
i wanted to have great body, and be huge, you know and tryin to attract ze gals and at the same time be freaky you know, a mix of ronnie, levrone and brad pitt
then i saw pumping iron.... and boom

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
It started when I played icehockey and got to the age were they allowed us to lift weights...I wasn't the strongest in benchpress, but I could squat more then them, I dont recall if we did some lighter deadlifts aswell. I just growed like weed the last year playing hockey or so. I got really clumpsy which wasn't a plus since I wasn't really agile before..My dad then said I might want to test competing in weightlifting..So that was the goal in the beginning...but I then saw Colemans video..and I was on to bodybuilding

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I was always interested and in awe of bodybuilders, (Arnold on screen). But i decided to give weight training a go when I needed to beef up for Rugby. So i started weights, grew like a weed right from the day i walked in, that then gave me motivation to continue. My gym is a bopdybuilding gym, so from weight training, i took an interest in Bodybuilding.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

asdfghjkl3564

i was 15 years old when i began bodybuilding . i was motivated by Arnold and Colombo photo on beach . i am now 45 years old and still training

R

revelli

Well for me it was when i bought Muscle&Fitness magazine few years ago.
When i saw those big guys i wanted to be at least big as they.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I started lifting weights because I was a puny little kid at 15. I mainly wanted to get stronger. I turned my eye to bodybuilding when I was 23-24 and have since packed on over 25kgs of mass. I'm now mainly focussed on strength again as I want to be a competitive powerlifter but I've at least got a head start with the mass I already have.

B

bigbenmarch

i was always the fat kid at school. so i went to the gym to loose weight. and used the machines at the gym. then i wanted to do heavier weights after i maxed the machines. my best mate had been going to the gym for a year or so with his older brother showed me some bodybuilding vids. i got hooked on em and just started training like crazy. luckily enough i was in a bodybuilding equipped gym and the guys there were kind enough to help me on my way. so now nearly 2 and a half years later i have become a pt (not that a qualification means anything in the world where only experience is the key) and still have my main goal in sight of competative bodybuilding

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Repost.

I remember somthing liek this Braaq posted before.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I started BB when I got tired after almost 15 years of martial arts... I injuried myself and tried some weights two or three weeks... and then I knew that was what I was looking for.

PS: Arnold's Commando also helped me in my choice.

MrThinker

MrThinker

I always was a chucky but strong kid growing up my dad got me into amateur boxer at an earlier age but even though I was an active kid I always had a problem with my body weight. I would lose and gain weight uncontrollably and I never feel comfortable undressing in the front of anyone.

At the age of 18 I drop amateur boxer and begun college along with a part time job and my body weight skyrocketed to a whopping 230 pound of big men tittes, double chain, bloated face and a crazy Yokozuna swag.

So I was home (finish college) now that I worked night and did nothing during the day other there sleep, eat, fart and ride around trying to pick up chicks and I was watching the BET channel while enjoying a pack of Oreo cookies and Honey roasted peanuts and the Marques Houston "Naked" video came on and I was like damn that could be me with a hard rock body like that and soon after I said those words to myself I felt a huge cramp in my chest the pain was unbearable but only temporary I put my hand on my left men tittes and said to myself I got to make a change right here and right now and from that point on I've been working out ever since.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad to see this thread really taken off with really good stories from members on how they got into the bodybuilding world
Keep them coming guys :tiphat:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always was a chucky but strong kid growing up my dad got me into amateur boxer at an earlier age but even though I was an active kid I always had a problem with my body weight. I would lose and gain weight uncontrollably and I never feel comfortable undressing in the front of anyone.

At the age of 18 I drop amateur boxer and begun college along with a part time job and my body weight skyrocketed to a whopping 230 pound of big men tittes, double chain, bloated face and a crazy Yokozuna swag.

So I was home (finish college) now that I worked night and did nothing during the day other there sleep, eat, fart and ride around trying to pick up chicks and I was watching the BET channel while enjoying a pack of Oreo cookies and Honey roasted peanuts and the Marques Houston "Naked" video came on and I was like damn that could be me with a hard rock body like that and soon after I said those words to myself I felt a huge cramp in my chest the pain was unbearable but only temporary I put my hand on my left men tittes and said to myself I got to make a change right here and right now and from that point on I've been working out ever since.

Damn good story man!