• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

undulating vs. linear

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For my conditioning procedures class, a small group of students (including myself) are conducting a study that we will present to the Journal of Strength and Conditioning research. We are conducting research to compare the differences in development between genders on quad to hamstring ratios with one group following a lower body undulating program and the other following a linear lower body program. We will test subjects for strength using an isokinetic machine at 90 deg/sec and 240 deg/sec. The test will be for 8 weeks. Stay tuned for the results!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Science FTW!!! :turborun:

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

"Stay tuned"

im already interested, no need to tell me twice

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
please explain the experiment for the lesser minds of the board :techn9ne:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The undulating routine is twice a week and so is the linear. The undulating is basically a low rep, high weight day and a high rep, lower weight day. There are more sets on the low rep day and less on the high rep day so overall volume comes out to be similar. The linear routine is the same routine twice a week throughout the program with moderate reps in the 8-12 range. We are studying to find which one is more effective at producing strength gains in the quads and hamstrings. We will also study whether there is a difference in the way males and females develop in regards to a quad to hamstring ratio. I suspect that women will have more of a hamstring strength increase and less of a quad increase in comparison to men. Furthermore, I believe that a developmental difference could be the reason for the high instances of ACL tears in women compared to men.

Papa G

Papa G

I believe that a developmental difference could be the reason for the high instances of ACL tears in women compared to men.

I've learned the wider hip structure, which causes the femur to be angled medially towards the distal head is one of the main causes for the high occurrence of ACL tears in women.. that prob affect development too....

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds interesting bro, thanks for the breakdown and goodluck :tiphat:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting research creator. Keep up the good work

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds interesting!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
very interesting, cant wait to hear what comes out of this:)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff