• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dennis Wolf "I will never go zero carb again!"

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Dennis Wolf: My Take On Low-Carb Diets

If you follow my career, you should know that I recently had a pretty disastrous experience with a low-carb diet. I had been eating some carbs all the way through my contest diet for the 2008 Mr. Olympia until the last two weeks, when we (Chad and I) decided to do zero carbs to go for the most extreme condition anyone had ever seen from me. The results were horrible, as I lost about 15 pounds of size and fullness and ruined my chances of winning the contest.

My Take On Low-Carb Diets

If you follow my career, you should know that I recently had a pretty disastrous experience with a low-carb diet. I had been eating some carbs all the way through my contest diet for the 2008 Mr. Olympia until the last two weeks, when we (Chad and I) decided to do zero carbs to go for the most extreme condition anyone had ever seen from me. The results were horrible, as I lost about 15 pounds of size and fullness and ruined my chances of winning the contest.

I have always thought that carbohydrates were important, but this showed me they are even more critical than most of us realize. I know a lot of guys use the zero-carb diet because they get in shape faster, but most of them look flat on stage. If you compare photos of guys who diet with carbs (Dorian and Ronnie are two great examples), they have a much fuller look to them— because they have more water inside the muscle cells. Yes, you can carb-up at the very end of a zero-carb diet, or try to— but it’s a case of too little, too late. I was eating a ton of carbs just before the Olympia and none of them seemed to ‘take.’ When you lack that muscle fullness, you also don’t have the same deep cuts and striations.

So for me, I can say that I will never go zero carbs again. But if Dexter, Victor, Jay and Phil choose to— then go for it, my friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw Dennis on Aust TV (piss poor interview from mainstream TV). He looked much better the few weeks after the Olympia than he did on stage.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw Dennis on Aust TV (piss poor interview from mainstream TV). He looked much better the few weeks after the Olympia than he did on stage.

I agree. I saw the interview as well and he looked waaay better.

WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

Carbs rule!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice Wolfie !!!
The man has to learn from his mistakes and evolve, become a better bodybuilder =)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This guy destroys everyone from the front...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ x2

He will do very good next year with some carbs!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Same thing that Lee Priest said on the MD forum.

They both get paig by Belchman so maybe that is why they are coming out with these statements. If you have been following the Romano, Palumbo vs MD story you would know what I am talking about.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

They both get paig by Belchman so maybe that is why they are coming out with these statements. If you have been following the Romano, Palumbo vs MD story you would know what I am talking about.

or maybe no carb didnt work out for dennis

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya sexnews is possibly right, the timing seems to be everything here wouldn't you say?

true that, I can see why this would come out now.
on the other side tho its not news that wolf overdieted for the O, and the man has admitted this on numerous occations before

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just about to say the same as sexnews and braaq.. Steve even was posting numerous threads attacking Dave and his diet. If I was a betting man I would say that this was a front to help attack Dave.

GetSize

GetSize

This is what Dave said about the article

"Someone sent me this (see below) from MD.......... supposedly written by DENNIS WOLF. Dennis claims he lost muscle following a low carb diet for for 2 weeks....... [on NO BULL RADIO, Chad Nichols said he never had Dennis go Zero Carbs. Meanwhile, he never mentions the most important part of the equation......he went zero carbs and zero fat...........and he hadn't eaten any fat for the previous 12 weeks either..... That's the real reason he was so flat!

Add to this the fact that Blechman sent out letters to all the MD athletes telling them that they had to go online and show their support for the changes that occurred. Why else would LEE PRIEST urge fans to listen to SHAWN RAY's new radio show and to "give him a chance"? Lee hates Shawn's guts!

BLECHMAN should just move in another direction..........he's just embarassing himself by continually trying to prove that he's right about something that he's been slammed a thousand times for!"

Fats are most important about Dave's diet. He takes them out or cycles them closer to the show.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolf should be more concerned about going zero deadlifts!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Add to this the fact that Blechman sent out letters to all the MD athletes telling them that they had to go online and show their support for the changes that occurred. Why else would LEE PRIEST urge fans to listen to SHAWN RAY's new radio show and to "give him a chance"? Lee hates Shawn's guts!

I'm pretty sure that Lee has pissed off sponsors in the past by not getting behind their BS. Don't see why he would be coming out and saying stuff now that he didn't believe.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thats an interesting observation... maybe true too as Plumbo is big on zero-carbs but honestly the look "his" BBers brought at the last USA or Nationals (dont know which ... the one Nunn won).... they all looked like Zombies an ready to crack and breakup into million pieces...

The truth is except for Xman this zero-carb thing has not really worked for anyone... and its been around for a long time in BB ... first ever lab-rats being the WBBF BBers.... way back in early 1990s