• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

SSC Ultimate Aero EV soon!! (electric super car)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
from wiki,

SSC announced the production of the Ultimate Aero EV, an electrical version of the sports car.[13] The released specifications include using 500 horsepower (373 kW) electric motor, which SSC also exploring the potential of using 2 engines in 2 or 4 wheel drive configuration. The SSC, once in production, will be the fastest electric car on the market. "I think we can do it faster, leaner and cleaner than any other manufacturer," claims the SSC founder, Jerod Shelby. SSC planned to produce its first prototype in February 2009, with production to begin as early as Q4 of 2009.
As part of the production plan, SSC also announced it had contracted with Sheffield International Finance Corporation to initiate the company's first acceptance of outside capital since its inception.[14]
SSC announces electric powertrain and Ultimate Aero EV specifications.[15] "..SSC will display its AESP in the Ultimate Aero EV in order to prove that electric-powered vehicles will not only match but also provide more linear power (electric motors have 100% torque at 0 RPM) and overall performance than internal combustion cars. The Ultimate Aero EV utilizes a twin motor AESP producing an astounding 1,000 HP and 800 lb-ft of torque enabling it to rocket to 60 mph in a mere 2.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 208 mph. Not only does the Ultimate Aero EV have a range of 150-200 miles on a single charge, but SSC's "Charge on the RunTM" onboard charging system allows for full battery recharges in as little as 10 minutes.."

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I heard about this one...but didn't it turn out to be fake?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DA: link from official SSC page http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-071208.php

2009 Ultimate aero TT also out

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/car-specs.php

Type: SSC Designed Billet Aluminum V8 Block Displacement: 387.2 cu.in. Bore x Stroke: 4.125 x 3.620" Compression Ratio: 8.975:1 Horsepower: 1287 bhp @ 6075 rpm Torque: 1112 ft-lbs @ 6150 rpm Redline: 7200 rpm Fuel Injection: Electronic Sequential Port Weight: 422 lbs. Oil: SAE 5W/30 Fully Synthetic Racing Induction System: Sequential, multi-port fuel injection, Twin Turbo Chargers. Dual-Water to Air Intercoolers. Fuel: Premium Unleaded - 91 Pump Octane

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Thats 1287hp on 91 octane???

If so...god damn!...it would have around 1500hp with 98 octane

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i think over 1,200 is overkill ... :S
heres some more info on the EV
from their SSC Green division dept.

SSC's Green division, SSC Green, Inc., will provide packaged solutions of its AESP to a wide variety of applications ranging from 200 horsepower for economy and midsize cars, to 500 horsepower for light trucks and SUVs, and up to 1,200 horsepower for delivery trucks, heavy-duty equipment, buses and military vehicles.
SSC expects to roll out its first full-scale, pre-production Ultimate Aero EV in second quarter 2009. Ultimate Aero EV deliveries will start as early as fourth quarter 2009. SSC will pursue the title of "World's Fastest Production Electric Car" and conduct a marketing campaign consisting of international motor shows, magazine articles, TV appearances and live media events. Most importantly, SSC will conduct a live media event at one of America's superspeedways to prove its claims. During this event SSC Founder and Lead Designer, Jerod Shelby, and notable guests will drive laps at high speed pitting only to demonstrate the quick recharge times. SSC asks any interested media to send a request to AeroEVMedia@sscautos.com.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pic of the 2009 U Aero TT

2009SSCUltimateAero-1.jpg