• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Top-10 Films Of 2008

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine. (U.S. Release Dates)

1. Funny Games
2. 4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days
3. Wall-E
4. The Wrestler
5. Let The Right One In
6. Hunger
7. Rachel Getting Married
8. Happy-Go-Lucky
9. Bolt
10. Slumdog Millionaire

Other top films. In order.

The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Red
Bigger Stronger Faster*
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Visitor
Redbelt
Flight Of The Red Balloon
The Bands Visit
Transsiberian
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Gran Torino
Revolutionary Road

What are your favorites of 2008? I definitely watched a lot more movies this past year than I did in 2007. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Maybe one day I'll have a top 100 put together like Line has. :bitelip:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
My number one film of 2008!

- "TROPA DE ELITE

you must see it. it's awesome. :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is Paulie still alive? Haven't seen you post for a while.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm really sick of hearing about Wall-E...
My mate told me he took his girl, and nearly cried :doh:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine. (U.S. Release Dates)

1. Funny Games
2. 4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days
3. Wall-E
4. The Wrestler
5. Let The Right One In
6. Hunger
7. Rachel Getting Married
8. Happy-Go-Lucky
9. Bolt
10. Slumdog Millionaire

Other top films. In order.

The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Red
Bigger Stronger Faster*
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Visitor
Redbelt
Flight Of The Red Balloon
The Bands Visit
Transsiberian
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Gran Torino
Revolutionary Road

What are your favorites of 2008? I definitely watched a lot more movies this past year than I did in 2007. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Maybe one day I'll have a top 100 put together like Line has. :bitelip:

Slumdog Millionaire barely made your top 10 and TDK losing out to the likes of Benjamin Button and Bolt? i don't want to be disrespectful here, but that's just a selection that reflects bias rather than quality of film.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Slumdog Millionaire barely made your top 10 and TDK losing out to the likes of Benjamin Button and Bolt? i don't want to be disrespectful here, but that's just a selection that reflects bias rather than quality of film.
Not that I agree or disagree on how to rank the picks but the bolded largely depends on what you look for in a film. There are several schools of criticism and one could make a case for any, really.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Huh?

P

Pain

VIP
I really didn't enjoy Funny Games. It bored me to death. I can't believe you left slumdog out of your top ten, even Gran Torino didn't make it.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really didn't enjoy Funny Games. It bored me to death. I can't believe you left slumdog out of your top ten, even Gran Torino didn't make it.

What the hell are you talking about? Slumdog is #10. I could go Slumdog or TDK at #10, but I'm not completely sure. There's just something about Slumdog that I like better. Oh, and Gran Torino is decent. Not top 10 worthy though.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is a list of films i have watched and not from what i have heard from others

1. frost/nixon
2. Slumdog
3. milk
4. the wrestler
5. dark knight
6. vicky cristina
7. pinapple express
8. religulous
9. iron man
10. gran torino

havent really seen all the movies i wanted to but i am going to watch the reader, doubt, benjamin button, revolutionary road and the visitor..those ones i really want to see

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I've seen 90 releases from 2008 thus far and still have another 10 or so that I need to see before putting together a list. Originally I had planned on releasing mine before the turn of the year but that passed quickly and I decided just to wait and take in more films.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've seen 90 releases from 2008 thus far and still have another 10 or so that I need to see before putting together a list. Originally I had planned on releasing mine before the turn of the year but that passed quickly and I decided just to wait and take in more films.

Take your time. My plan was to release my list right before the academy awards (any later I thought it would be pointless and 2008 in film would have been forgotten.) There's still 10 or so I would like to see, and could of waited a little longer.