• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MuscleMecca: Do you Train with a Training Partner or Train Solo At The Gym

Train with a Partner Or Solo

• Total voters
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As the Thread title states,

Do you train with a training partner at the gym or are you a 1 Man Trainer?

Poll Option included.

I'll go first, lately i train by myself
but i prefer to train with someone

Vote & Also Post which one you selected and why

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I train on my own, all ways have. I like training on my own because I like working at my own pace.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Prefer to train with a partner but has to be a damn good training partner. For that reason, I fly solo.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I train with Shutupnsquat, and i have said this before but there is no way that i attempt half of my lifts if i wasn't training with him, not only does he motivate the hell out of me but i fully 150% trust his spot which allows me to go at the set with complete focus and intensity........I know for a fact that without a great training partner i would not have made the gains that i have, no where even close

CombBoy

CombBoy

Im a solo artist. Pump iron at my own pace.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I train by myself, for several reasons: 1/ none of my friends share my passion for lifting, 2/ I have a fucked up timetable, 3/ I don't want to have to rely on someone being there for my to have a great session.

However I am beginning to wish more and more that I had a good spotter for my heavy squats and for bench lift-offs.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
50/50

i prefer alone. there are some though that make it a more enjoyable experience on top of being a reliable spot. there are certain things i wouldn't try without a spot present so the two days i try to find someone to train with are usually chest and legs.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
By myself. The gains are much better though if you can push yourself more without getting the bar in the face :)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Mostly by myself, but like others mentioned, sometimes you need a spotter just to push yourself to the max.

By myself. The gains are much better though if you can push yourself more without getting the bar in the face :)

I bet that "the old lady" in your gym, would make a great team with you :iorofl:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
by myself.

like El Freako my friends don't share my passion for iron, and like Creator the training partner has to be a good one... so

I just request someone in the gym that is capable of passing the ways and assist me in the heavy lifts.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like go'n solo. I've trained with partners in the past but they tend to slow me down at times and I'd rather go at my own pace. And not to sound cocky but there's really nobody in my gym who's as strong as me, so we end up having to take the weight off for my partner to do his sets, that gets old after the first few exercised.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do both, i can train on my own but I can also train with my best friend.

M

musclecenter

no partner,no spotter,...over 35 years.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i say 80% alone

but it all depends most of the time my bro's are there too so you know if i need a spot is just get one or time to talk some shit between sets to get hyped is always there..

i can focus better while doing it by my self but sometimes (on your lazy days) its better to have somebody there who screams at you to get some extra 2-3 reps :)

so i say alone even if i have some homeboys there most of the time

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
most days i train by myself but some days Will comes in town and we train together. if i cant train with Will i much rather train by myself. i dont trust other people that i havent trained with for a while to spot me or to just train with me period. i dont like it when people who have never spotted me before try to spot me. i dont trust them to spot me right. Will is one of two people that i trust to spot me right. not saying that other people dont know how to spot right just cause they have never spotted me i dont want them to.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've always preferred training with somone so try to whenever possible but train on my own nearly as often unfortunately.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always prefer to train with a partner. Having a spotter works greatly on my psych and allows me to achieve more. But lately I've been training solo.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i definetly prefer to train with a partner, but i train alone most of the time. hard to find people who take their training seriously enough around here.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
After years of training alone i train with a partner now. I met an old friend from high school in the gym this season and we've been training together since then.