• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mecca's recommended reading

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thought i'd start this, and will keep it updated. This thread will basically be posting anything either worth reading directly, or worth having on file as a reference. It can range from subjects including physiology/nutrition, politics, economics, history, general philosophy, even fiction! I will keep editing this first post with links to subsequent posts.

If any member has anything worth reading, by all means, please PM me. However, whenever possible, please give priority to books, and more importantly, ebooks that you can provide a download link.

So, on that note, I will start with two of my favorite physiology books which I keep on hand as a reference.

1) Biochemical and Physiological Aspects of Human Nutrition: by Stipanuk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UEEJE9EG

31Z7WMBGXQL-1.jpg

VERY intense book on nutrition/metabolism. Not exactly an afternoon read, but it's an excellent reference.

2) The Endocrine System in Sport and Exercise: By: Kraemer et al.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y1SPVRED

1405130172.jpg

Another reference book, but when you take the best researchers around the world and have them collaborate on a text, good things follow.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm currently reading Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart, a fictional account of the Igbo's early confrontation with the European man. It's an interesting, easy read that shows the misrepresentation of Africa in previous works of literature, due to language barriers that Europeans so desperately avoided breaking. It functions as a role reversal of language and culture that inversely shows the early clash between the continental settlers. It's an exercise in understanding order and how important communication is in establishing what we label as civilization.

I am also perusing through On Writing Well, a tight little guide to bettering one's written word.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am also perusing through On Writing Well, a tight little guide to bettering one's written word.

Have you sent PM's to some of the people here who desperately need to read it? :soapbox:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Physiology of Sport and Exercise
by Jack H. Wilmore, David L. Costill

Very well writen and you dont have to be a professor to understand it. Imo one of the must haves.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
418KQQ6QHJL._SL500_.jpg

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes.

To quote Richard Dawkins, "It is one of those books that is either complete rubbish or a work of consummate genius, nothing in between!"

This is by far the most intellectually stimulating book I have read in the last 5 years, and I read about 2 dozen books a year. I stumbled across this one while reading science fiction/cyber punk novels. Neal Stephenson (author of Snow Crash, The Baroque Cycle, and Anathem) makes reference to it in a number of his books. After I read Daniel Dennet and Dawkins make note of it, I figured it was time to pick it up. I was not disappointed.

Wiki-link to a brief introduction to a short explanation of the hypothesis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

Oh, btw, great idea for a thread.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone read any Ron Paul books?