• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Simpsons make TV history (again)

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's official: The Simpsons will become the longest running prime-time series in American TV history.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, US network Fox has ordered two more 22-episode seasons of the animated series. That means The Simpsons will remain on TV until at least 2011, bringing the yellow-skinned family's total output up to 22 seasons and 493 instalments.

And it's possible that the series could be renewed again, making its already staggering number of instalments even higher.

The record for America's longest running prime-time series was previously held by the Western-themed Gunsmoke, which ran from 1955 to 1975. Law & Order isn't far behind The Simpsons, currently in its 19th season.

Few other TV families have had the cultural impact of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie: their catchphrases have entered the cultural lexicon, The Simpsons merchandise is still a billion-dollar global industry, and the long-awaited movie blitzed the worldwide box office upon its release in 2007.

The Simpson's will never get old for me :thumbsup2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's cool that they reached such a mark, but in my estimation this show started sucking about 6 years ago and has been getting worse ever since. there was a golden era of the simpsons when it was hilarious (around the time when such episodes like the one where homer gets really fat to be allowed to work at home and he wears a mumu) but after that it just hasn't been in the same league of family guy and south park.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's cool that they reached such a mark, but in my estimation this show started sucking about 6 years ago and has been getting worse ever since. there was a golden era of the simpsons when it was hilarious (around the time when such episodes like the one where homer gets really fat to be allowed to work at home and he wears a mumu) but after that it just hasn't been in the same league of family guy and south park.

i kinda agree but its the Simpsons though. it has always been an awesome show and i hope it stays around for alot longer.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo Duality, I agree completely bro. I've always wondered if a writer was fired or something, it's like they ran out of ideas. There are some classic episodes back in that golden era that I can still watch and be amazed at how original and funny they were.

Kanav

Kanav

actually I noticed the decline for a few years, but the last two seasons have been mostly golden.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Seasons 3-9 are some of the best in television history. I stopped watching after season 15 when it became a below average show. I just wish they'd let it die.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seasons 3-9 are some of the best in television history. I stopped watching after season 15 when it became a below average show. I just wish they'd let it die.

Agreed, after Groening left to do Futurama the show has gone downhill. It will be weird when they let it die, seeing as it has been on for almost my whole life. That show kind of defines our generation.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed, after Groening left to do Futurama the show has gone downhill. It will be weird when they let it die, seeing as it has been on for almost my whole life. That show kind of defines our generation.

futurama is a kick ass show, i wish fox would pick that show up again and put it's focus on that.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I still have a soft spot for the Simpsons.
I bought season 11 last month, and was shocked to realise id seen EVERY episode :turborun:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
futurama is a kick ass show, i wish fox would pick that show up again and put it's focus on that.
If you haven't seen the 4 straight-to-DVD movies, they're worth checking out. I agree though, Futurama was around for only five seasons and all of them were excellent.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you haven't seen the 4 straight-to-DVD movies, they're worth checking out. I agree though, Futurama was around for only five seasons and all of them were excellent.

i haven't seen any of them, but i do own all the seasons on dvd! i wish enough people would by the seasons so they could pull a family guy and get back on the air.

my brother and I both love it so we'll check out those movies.