• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Halodrol liquigels

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just read an article about this supplement.

according to the article this is suppose to be an awsome supp.
i have to say that i'm sceptical to most of what the article said.

but still i'm interessted to hear if anyone has tried it and what you think of it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could only find two scientific references that refer to it:
Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2007, Pages 809-812
Hepatotoxicity Associated With Dietary Supplements Containing Anabolic Steroids

Michel I. Kafrouni, Robert A. Anders§ and Sumita Verma, ,

Background & Aims: The aim of this article was to re-emphasize the hepatotoxicity associated with the use of anabolic androgenic steroids and to highlight the marketing and sale of anabolic androgenic steroids as dietary supplements. Methods: This was a case series of 2 patients who developed a cholestatic liver panel after consumption of anabolic androgenic steroids. A detailed Pubmed/Medline search was performed to research this topic. Results: We present 2 young men who developed significant cholestatic liver injury after consumption of anabolic androgenic steroids. This was associated with considerable morbidity, although both patients recovered without the need for a liver transplant. Both of these anabolic androgenic steroids were being marketed as dietary supplements. Conclusions: Despite being classified as class III controlled substances, anabolic androgenic steroids are still a cause for serious hepatotoxicity in the United States. Some of these anabolic androgenic steroids are being marketed as dietary supplements. Although the Food and Drug Administration is making concerted efforts to regulate this, increased vigilance also is required from the medical profession.
The second one is a review that directly comments on pro-hormones and may be of interest to people:
The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Volume 101, Issues 4-5, November 2006, Pages 161-178
Metabolism and excretion of anabolic steroids in doping control—New steroids and new insights

Peter Van Eenoo, a, and Frans T. Delbekea

Abstract
The use of anabolic steroids in sports is prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency. Until the 1990s, anabolic steroids were solely manufactured by pharmaceutical companies, albeit sometimes on demand from national sports agencies as part of their doping program. Recently the list of prohibited anabolic steroids in sports has grown due to the addition of numerous steroids that have been introduced on the market by non-pharmaceutical companies. Moreover, several designer steroids, specifically developed to circumvent doping control, have also been detected. Because anabolic steroids are most often intensively subjected to phase I metabolism and seldom excreted unchanged, excretion studies need to be performed in order to detect their misuse.

This review attempts to summarise the results of excretion studies of recent additions to the list of prohibited steroids in sports. Additionally an update and insight on new aspects for “older” steroids with respect to doping control is given.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could only find two scientific references that refer to it:

The second one is a review that directly comments on pro-hormones and may be of interest to people:

Nope. It's not steroid.

It's DHEA, Arachidonic Acid, 6-OXO, Ecdy, and an SHBG Inhibitor.

I really see no reason for someone like you (running test E) to use this. It is a pretty good looking ingredient list. Maybe throw it in PCT starting week 3 after a PH cycle.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nope. It's not steroid.
Huh?? I said pro-hormone. That second ref was a review of supplements and steroids.
It's DHEA, Arachidonic Acid, 6-OXO, Ecdy, and an SHBG Inhibitor.
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a multi-functional steroid and it is the most abundant steroid in humans. DHEA is converted to androstenedione and then testosterone so it is more likely to aromatize into estrogen- estrone from androstenedione, and estradiol from testosterone.

Arachidonic acid is Omega-6 fatty acids.

Ecdy = Beta Ecdysterone is a type of ecosteroid.
Beta Ecdysterone Research Early research by Russian researchers Syrov and Kurmukov (1976) found that ecdysterone had anabolic activity and increased protein synthesis. Animal studies in both rats and Japanese quail have demonstrated significant anabolic effects (Slama et al., 1996; Dinan, 2001). Ecdysterone is also believed to have an anabolic effect in humans (Chermynkh et al., 1988; Simakin et al., 1988; Bizec et al., 2002; Chen et al., 2005).

A Russian research study (Chermynkh et al., 1988) compared the muscle building activities of methandrostenolone, a powerful anabolic steroid, and ecdysterone. They demonstrated that ecdysterone had a wider anabolic action on contractile proteins of the muscle than methandrostenolone.

In the same year another group of Russian researchers (Simakin et al., 1998) looked at the combined effects of ecdysterone and a high protein diet. They found that when athletes combined a high protein diet with ecdysterone, lean muscle mass increased by 6-7% and body-fat decreased by 10%.

Researchers have also found that ecdysterone can help to lower blood glucose levels without altering insulin levels (Yoshida et al., 1971; Chen et al., 2005). In a recent study ecdysterone lowered blood sugar levels when they were in the normal (5.5mmol/l) and moderate range (11.1-16.7mmol/l) but not when it was in the high range (22.2mmol/l). Therefore, it could be of benefit in the treatment of type-II diabetes, and may aid weight loss.

Ecdysterone may also exert anti-tumour properties (Konovolova et al., 2002) and may act as a strong adaptogen and anti-oxidant (Kuzmenko et al., 1997; Kuz’menko, 1999).

Despite these positive findings by Russian researchers, there has been no research, performed outside of Russia, that looks at the effects of ecdysterone on human performance. Therefore, ecdysterone cannot be confirmed as an effective anabolic agent, in humans, until further research is performed, in a well-controlled trial and on a large scale, that is widely available for review purposes.

It is extremely unlikely that ecdysterone, at the doses normally recommended by nutritional companies, is as effective as their claims – some internet sites are making extravagant claims like “gain 7lbs of lean muscle in 10 days”.

Go on and correct me again :bullwhip:

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Huh?? I said pro-hormone. That second ref was a review of supplements and steroids.

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a multi-functional steroid and it is the most abundant steroid in humans. DHEA is converted to androstenedione and then testosterone so it is more likely to aromatize into estrogen- estrone from androstenedione, and estradiol from testosterone.

Arachidonic acid is Omega-6 fatty acids.

Ecdy = Beta Ecdysterone is a type of ecosteroid.

Go on and correct me again :bullwhip:

My bad, I thought the second article was about performance enhancing drugs being hidden in OTC supplements. Since none of the ingredients are banned substances in the sporting worlds I thought you were confusing the product for an actual AAS (oral turanabol).

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bad, I thought the second article was about performance enhancing drugs being hidden in OTC supplements. Since none of the ingredients are banned substances in the sporting worlds I thought you were confusing the product for an actual AAS (oral turanabol).

No probs :xyxthumbs:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the replies guys.

i have no intention of using it. atleast not now. i was just curious to hear what others think of it.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the replies guys.

i have no intention of using it. atleast not now. i was just curious to hear what others think of it.

Like I said it's a pretty good ingredient profile, but definitely not for you (imo). There is tons of logs out there you can check up on also:thumbsup2: