• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Arnold Classic: Athlete Predictions

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold Classic: Athlete Predictions

Our online coverage of the 2009 Arnold Classic continues here with Top 6 predictions from some big-name pros, including a few guys named Dex, Jay, Ronnie and Rich that have won the big show before.

For a comprehensive look at the weekend's events in Columbus, including athlete profiles, reviews of last year's show and a peek at this year's biggest storylines, visit the following links.

DEXTER JACKSON, 2008 Mr. Olympia, Three-Time Arnold Classic Champion
1 Victor Martinez
2 Toney Freeman
3 Kai Greene
4 Silvio Samuel
5 Dennis James
6 Branch Warren

Dexter Says: Freeman has to come in looking like he did for the Olympia to beat Greene. It's a toss-up between James and Warren, but I'll go with James because he looked good last year.

PHIL HEATH, 2008 Mr. Olympia, 3rd place
1 Victor Martinez
2 Toney Freeman
3 Kai Greene
4 Branch Warren
5 Silvio Samuel
6 Dennis James

Phil Says: I'm going with Warren over Samuel. They love Warren at the Arnold; they go freaking bananas! He's scary to compete against because he always comes in shape.

JAY CUTLER, 2006-2007 Mr. Olympia, Three-Time Arnold Classic Champion
1 Victor Martinez
2 Branch Warren
3 Toney Freeman
4 Kai Greene
5 Silvio Samuel
6 Dennis James

Jay Says: At this level, you need everything: balance, proportion, symmetry and of course conditioning. That being said, this is bodybuilding and in the end, mass still wins.

RONNIE COLEMAN, 1998-2005 Mr. Olympia, 2001 Arnold Classic Champion
1 Victor Martinez
2 Toney Freeman
3 Kai Greene
4 Branch Warren
5 Dennis James
6 Silvio Samuel

Ronnie Says: I haven't really heard anything about Victor or seen pictures but I think it's his show to lose [despite his leg injury]. I like Toney because he's a bigger guy and I like that. And with Silvio and Moe - those guys are good bodybuilders, they're good for their size, but when the time comes, they just don't measure up to the bigger guys.

Flex Lewis, 2008 Olympia Showdown, 3rd place
1 Branch Warren*
2 Victor Martinez*
3 Kai Greene
4 Toney Freeman
5 Silvio Samuel
6 Ronny Rockel or Dennis James

Lewis Says: *It could go either way between the two, I can't decide. Victor's got so much potential but Branch is such an animal and looks the best I've ever seen.

BOB CICHERILLO, IFBB Pro League Athletes Representative
1 Victor Martinez
2 Toney Freeman
3 Silvio Samuel
4 Kai Greene
5 Branch Warren
6 Dennis James

Bob Says: If - and that's a big IF - Vic regains his previous best, he should be the best of the best. Toney Freeman will be at his all-time best and push Vic for the title. Don't be surprised if the X-Man comes out as the winner if Vic is anything less than 100%.

RICH GASPARI, 1989 Arnold Classic Champion
1 Victor Martinez
2 Toney Freeman
3 Kai Greene
4 Silvio Samuel
5 Branch Warren
6 Dennis James/Gustavo Badell

Gaspari Says: It's all dependent on the shape Kai Greene is in - if he can come in shape he could even crack the top two. Then you got Silvio who's always in condition and could be in that three, four or five spot and Branch who's a freak. Dennis James has certain flaws and so does Gustavo, so that sixth spot could flip flop between those two

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Ronnie's prediction is almost as how i see it lulz, except switching Kai with Toney for the 2nd place

Hmm this one is tough, but here is my top 5:

1. Victor Martinez
2. Kai Greene
3. Toney Freeman
4. Branch Warren
5. Dennis James
6. Silvio Samuel

surprisingly though, is that no one has Kai higher than 3rd.

D

dsg36

On BBing Weekly on BBing.com they said Kai was trying to drop from the 290's back down to compete for the Arnold. That's a lot of weight, and i'm pretty sure the biggest he's ever been. They also said he passed out from cardio, and isn't working with Charles Glass anymore. Apparently, they didn't really get along when it came to training. I think that has something to do with why Kai is placed further down...

I have it going...1. and 2. Tony/Victor (could flip flop), 3. Branch, 4. Kai, 5. Silvio, 6. Gustavo

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie's prediction is almost as how i see it lulz, except switching Kai with Toney for the 2nd place

yeah i noticed that aswell,

i will most likely be re doing my top 5 in the competition thread, i'll be closing it next day or two so no one can re edit or cheat :keke:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting, Thanks D,

B

balls2wall

haters, their mad cause kai is styling on them

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WTF. That is why he lost the Olympia - with thinking like that! :doh:

Jay Says: At this level, you need everything: balance, proportion, symmetry and of course conditioning. That being said, this is bodybuilding and in the end, mass still wins.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Hes not saying that you win with just being massive.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. Victor
2. Toney
3. Branch
4. Gustavo
5. Silvio
6. Kai

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I don't see branch comming 2nd, but I sure hope he comes in top 4.

H

HighPower

1. Freeman
2. Martinez
3. Greene
4. Warren
5. Samuel
6. James

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks D that is some cool stuff. i like seeing who other pros think is going to win.

im with Jay and Flex on this one. more with Flex cause i think Branch could pull it off. well i hope that Branch can pull it off

Kaloian_BG

Kaloian_BG

1.Kai Greene
2.V. Martinez
3.T. Freeman

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arnold Classic: Staff Predictions
The FLEX staff scribes pick this weekend's Top 6

Like you, the reader, we at FLEX are huge fans of the sport. We carefully analyze each competitor's muscularity, conditioning, improvements (or lack thereof), tan, posing - we're bodybuilding's most astute armchair quarterbacks. Here, we offer our own personal Top 6 picks, with a few thoughts on why we think things will shape up that way.

ERIC VELAZQUEZ, Features Editor
1 Toney Freeman
2 Branch Warren
3 Victor Martinez
4 Kai Greene
5 Dennis James
6 Silvio Samuel

ERIC Says: When he nails his conditioning, Toney has one of the most aesthetic physiques in the sport. He will stand out visually in this lineup if he nails his conditioning. Of course, Victor is the favorite, especially having won the show before but no one really knows how that leg injury will affect his look and balance. Branch carries so much muscle that if he can come in grainy and hard, he's a cinch for top three.

DAVE LEE, Deputy Editor
1 Victor Martinez
2 Kai Greene
3 Toney Freeman
4 Branch Warren
5 Silvio Samuel
6 Dennis James

DAVE Says: Greene has had a lot of time to gather himself and resume his journey toward finding the "better champion" within. If he has added the requisite thickness throughout his chest and delts while keeping his waist tight, he can push Martinez hard and stay ahead of the pack - if he can pull it together in time.

SHAWN PERINE, Senior Writer
1 Toney Freeman
2 Victor Martinez
3 Sivlio Samuel
4 Branch Warren
5 Dennis James
6 Gustavo Badell

SHAWN Says: I loved the physique Freeman brought to the Orleans stage [for the 2008 Mr. Olympia]. That's easily Arnold-winning form. The question is whether or not he can duplicate that combination of size, shape and conditioning. He has the potential to beat Martinez, and who knows who else. That being said, Martinez is the man to beat in March.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Quote:
"SHAWN PERINE, Senior Writer
1 Toney Freeman
2 Victor Martinez
3 Sivlio Samuel
4 Branch Warren
5 Dennis James
6 Gustavo Badell

SHAWN Says: I loved the physique Freeman brought to the Orleans stage [for the 2008 Mr. Olympia]. That's easily Arnold-winning form. The question is whether or not he can duplicate that combination of size, shape and conditioning. He has the potential to beat Martinez, and who knows who else. That being said, Martinez is the man to beat in March. "

This guy has obviously never watched a bodybuilding show in his life... Kai not in his top 6... tony beating vic... lololol very interesting how none of the athletes saw kai as a top 2 threat

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Quote:
"SHAWN PERINE, Senior Writer
1 Toney Freeman
2 Victor Martinez
3 Sivlio Samuel
4 Branch Warren
5 Dennis James
6 Gustavo Badell

SHAWN Says: I loved the physique Freeman brought to the Orleans stage [for the 2008 Mr. Olympia]. That's easily Arnold-winning form. The question is whether or not he can duplicate that combination of size, shape and conditioning. He has the potential to beat Martinez, and who knows who else. That being said, Martinez is the man to beat in March. "

This guy has obviously never watched a bodybuilding show in his life... Kai not in his top 6... tony beating vic... lololol very interesting how none of the athletes saw kai as a top 2 threat

Have you seen the latest pics of Freeman? Looking very good.

I agree that Vic at his best should win, but big question mark hangs over the size and shape of his legs.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Toney beating Victor is not impossible, i'd say this could be 95% a true scenario, since we don't know how Vic's legs will be, and rumors on the internet are that Kai is behind his preparation for the show, so yeah, that could be a surprise if he won't place in top 6.

And maybe he's not a fan of Kai at all, lol.