• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help with cardio !!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vacations are over for me and collage begins again. Thus, I can't swim anymore (pool is starting to get extremely cold plus I have no time) and no biking.

So now I am confined to do cardio at the gym. I have to ask, what are the best machines to use at the gym ? I cannot use the treadmill because my ankle is messed up by injury. That leaves bike station, elliptical, stepmill, rowing thingy, skiing thingy.

And what's the best "timing" for me to do my cardio. I am cutting right now, want to be shredded. What I thought right now is do 20 minutes of cardio before my workout to warm the body and burn some calories. Then after my workout 30 minutes of more cardio.

Is that timing ok for cutting ? Or should I change things up ? I also think HIIT wont be possible because of my ankle, I was able to perform HIIT in my pool thanks to the light resistance, but on these machines... I think it will hurt and get swollen even more.

=3

Thanks in advance.

Kanav

Kanav

i stick to elliptical

stepmill is suicide, but nothing wrong with giving em all a throw and finding out one you like

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i stick to elliptical

stepmill is suicide, but nothing wrong with giving em all a throw and finding out one you like

I used the elliptical first (20 min) and then stepmill (30). Gotta say, the stepmill is fucking awesome. I felt like my glutes were working hard as well as my calves (especially Soleus)... gonna do that MOAR.

Anybody agree/disagree with my cardio routine ?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo perform your cardio on off days or after your workouts. A brief (5-10 min) warm-up is great but try to keep your energy up for the lifting.

You could try to do some HIIT on the bike, Imo one of the best machines to get a great HIIT session.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo perform your cardio on off days or after your workouts. A brief (5-10 min) warm-up is great but try to keep your energy up for the lifting.

You could try to do some HIIT on the bike, Imo one of the best machines to get a great HIIT session.

Thanks man !!!

Yeah I will try doing HIIT on the bike, never really thought about it... but my ankle should do fine.

If not HIIT, how much time should I do cardio ? For maximum fat loss. 30 min after a workout is enough ? or should I do 40.

R

radguym

yea keep till after the workouts. for me i love machines that make you feel like your really getting a workout so i would stick to the bike or stepmill

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some exercises that are good for the gym rat, include kettlebell workouts and rowing machine- these are both good for strength training and improves aerobic conditioning as well. The gym is open rain or shine- and although you can run or exercise in the rain, most people don't. The gym is better for climate control as well- not so much pollution to breath in.