• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

AC expo gets worse every year!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been to the Arnold Classic five years straight now, all three days every year. That basically makes me a vet by this time.

Anyways, this thread is to discuss how stingy the booths have gotten. Our first year at the Arnold Classic, there would be a small line for free tubs of Nitro-tech or Cell-tech (each would sell for about $24.99/$29.99 at GNC). In combination with a friend of mine, we picked up about 30 of these Cell-Tech/Nitro-tech tubs. If Muscletech was doing the same this year, we'd easily have over a hundred.

This year, you're lucky if you wait less than an hour to get a small sample of Gakic. But it's not just Muscletech, it's all of the booths.

Because it was so difficult to get free stuff, booths such as Bodybuilding.com were stacking up lines that were hours long just to pick up a cheap bodybuilding.com t-shirt.

My theory for the reasoning is a combination of booths getting jacked and the economy.

It's getting bad, soon I won't even make up for my $15 admission ticket.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In combination with a friend of mine, we picked up about 30 of these Cell-Tech/Nitro-tech tubs. If Muscletech was doing the same this year, we'd easily have over a hundred.

and he has the nerve to complain

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Totally agreed man. I actually posted about this in another thread. I cannot say I have the perspective of a viewer seating in front of the stage or attending directly, but my perspective from the internetz shows the same.

The show has gone down in quality over the years. I felt that it was disorganized and felt extremely chaotic. With shows that had nothing to do with bodybuilding and even then, felt like they were rushed-in completely. The speaker always had a "helper" telling him things over the ear and you could hear them through the microphone. Piss poor quality, you would not expect that from a major BBing show like this.

I am very amazed to hear your experience with the booths. Just... shows you how things change, sometimes for the worse.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my boy said the same thing about the Olympia. He said is got worse over the last few years, I can't imagine next year if the economy keeps going the same way its going now.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my boy said the same thing about the Olympia. He said is got worse over the last few years, I can't imagine next year if the economy keeps going the same way its going now.
Some booths are giving out products with one pill!

I said to them, "what the fuck am I going to do with one pill? Are you serious?"

I guess they're just hoping people suffer from major placebo and buy into it helping with muscle growth. "Dude, I like took one pill of that stuff and I had a pump for weeks straight!"

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I've been to the Arnold Classic five years straight now, all three days every year. That basically makes me a vet by this time.

Anyways, this thread is to discuss how stingy the booths have gotten. Our first year at the Arnold Classic, there would be a small line for free tubs of Nitro-tech or Cell-tech (each would sell for about $24.99/$29.99 at GNC). In combination with a friend of mine, we picked up about 30 of these Cell-Tech/Nitro-tech tubs. If Muscletech was doing the same this year, we'd easily have over a hundred.

This year, you're lucky if you wait less than an hour to get a small sample of Gakic. But it's not just Muscletech, it's all of the booths.

Because it was so difficult to get free stuff, booths such as Bodybuilding.com were stacking up lines that were hours long just to pick up a cheap bodybuilding.com t-shirt.

My theory for the reasoning is a combination of booths getting jacked and the economy.

It's getting bad, soon I won't even make up for my $15 admission ticket.
24d0eoz-1.gif

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was at the Olympia Expo the past couple years and also noticed a big difference from just one year to the next as far as the amount of free samples, T-shirts and ease of getting to the booths to get them. I still enjoy it none the less, even with out the freebee's I'd say it's still worth the small cover.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
F

fitmod066

its the economy man. I live here in ohio. I've been laid off of work for 3 months now. My uncle was laid of last week.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ holy shit.. time to look for a new job

we worked straight, been busier than ever and even work over time.. we used to be slow as shit during the winter time but this year is one busy winter..

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^Been busy as shit winter at my work as well.
Sucks about the freebies.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

hmm, if the arnold is like this...the Sydney Fitness Expo will be probably worse. i only go to these things to get freebies and samples. call me cheap, but i call it resourceful

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont know what happened with you flex, but this guy just raped the expo with samples :49:

2645_586702232418_55701258_36319561_2584-1.jpg

2645_586702242398_55701258_36319563_7112-1.jpg

2645_586702247388_55701258_36319564_1442-1.jpg

2645_586702262358_55701258_36319567_3591-1.jpg

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol at the dude with like 7 years worth of sups

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.