• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Superman vs Doctor Manhattan.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, time to battle. Who wins ? Superman or Cocktor Wanghattan ?
Even better, who makes the best chicken soup ?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manhattan, he could point his finger at Supaman, and SHAZAM! gone.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
def Dr. Manhattan, but about the chicken soup im not really sure.....maybe Hypo?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ ha ha..no one can beat my chicken soup
:spy:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^as long as you dont put your secret ingredient

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But some people argue that since Superman is almost indestructible his atoms cannot be torn apart by Dr. Blue cock

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
WTF? - at this thread

Kanav

Kanav

dr. manhattan

cuz superman is still made up of matter.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manhattan, he could point his finger at Supaman, and SHAZAM! gone.

I am not sure it works that way. It depends how we want to analyze the source of powers of the both of them. There is no RETCON (retro-active continuity) for Dr. Manhattan so I will start with him.

Dr. Manhattan gained his powers through the subtraction of his intrinsic field. Like most fields I will make the assumption that the intrinsic field is a wave function. Using string theory it is possible to surmise that once his wave function linking him to this dimension and is parameters of reality was destroyed. He seems to have gained the ability to reconstitute himself. One can now suppose that Dr. Manhattan has gained the ability to control waveforms of energy (what matter is made up of in string theory, vibrating as a wave function, which is why one who controls wave functions controls matter), which allows him his powers.

Superman, in current canon, gains his power from the radiation of our yellow sun. Several methods of his power generation are now used by various authors. The most scientifically interesting one states that superman gains his powers by being able to store and converts solar energy into other forms. He gains his ability to fly by being able to generate gravitational fields in localized areas. His invulnerability has been said to be a self generating force field around his body (hence why the costume most likely stays intact during most conflicts). Superman is also able to generate heat vision from his eyes, intense infrared radiation. These all come together in some ways showing that superman is also able to generate some form of wavefunction of energy to protect himself and use as weapons.

So the question is, is Superman's physiology able to counteract the matter controlling wave functions of Dr.Manhattan.

Though Dr. Manhattan has the clear edge since he can see his entire timeline.

And in bringing a knife to a gun fight, Manhattan being the crafty bastard he is would just synthesize some kryptonite out of thin air to take down big blue, cause why exert yourself when you can just make stuff.

Manhattan wins this one.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not sure it works that way. It depends how we want to analyze the source of powers of the both of them. There is no RETCON (retro-active continuity) for Dr. Manhattan so I will start with him.

Dr. Manhattan gained his powers through the subtraction of his intrinsic field. Like most fields I will make the assumption that the intrinsic field is a wave function. Using string theory it is possible to surmise that once his wave function linking him to this dimension and is parameters of reality was destroyed. He seems to have gained the ability to reconstitute himself. One can now suppose that Dr. Manhattan has gained the ability to control waveforms of energy (what matter is made up of in string theory, vibrating as a wave function, which is why one who controls wave functions controls matter), which allows him his powers.

Superman, in current canon, gains his power from the radiation of our yellow sun. Several methods of his power generation are now used by various authors. The most scientifically interesting one states that superman gains his powers by being able to store and converts solar energy into other forms. He gains his ability to fly by being able to generate gravitational fields in localized areas. His invulnerability has been said to be a self generating force field around his body (hence why the costume most likely stays intact during most conflicts). Superman is also able to generate heat vision from his eyes, intense infrared radiation. These all come together in some ways showing that superman is also able to generate some form of wavefunction of energy to protect himself and use as weapons.

So the question is, is Superman's physiology able to counteract the matter controlling wave functions of Dr.Manhattan.

Though Dr. Manhattan has the clear edge since he can see his entire timeline.

And in bringing a knife to a gun fight, Manhattan being the crafty bastard he is would just synthesize some kryptonite out of thin air to take down big blue, cause why exert yourself when you can just make stuff.

Manhattan wins this one.

exactly. i googled Dr Manhattan when i saw this thread.......Jesus, Dr Manhattan is essentially God. he could toy with superman by making say, i don't know, 20 copies of himself, have superman fight those, and then when he gets bored, teleport superman to krypton or just teleport some kryptonite to where he is. not that he'd need it, he can emit bolts of energy and make himself grow to the size of 10 world trade centers. Dr Manhattan is basically the super hero version of God.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly. i googled Dr Manhattan when i saw this thread.......Jesus, Dr Manhattan is essentially God. he could toy with superman by making say, i don't know, 20 copies of himself, have superman fight those, and then when he gets bored, teleport superman to krypton or just teleport some kryptonite to where he is. not that he'd need it, he can emit bolts of energy and make himself grow to the size of 10 world trade centers. Dr Manhattan is basically the super hero version of God.

Precisely, though there are limits on his power. He is not omniscient or omnipotent. He could grow himself huge, but depending on what comic you read superman can be almost infinitely strong. In the graphic novel "Kingdom Come" he has absorbed so much sunlight he is immune even to kryptonite and he is all but invulnerable. Manhattans best bet would be the kryptonite, or maybe even destroying the sun, or converting it to a red sun.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And I thought I had some free time on my hands.......

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
dr manhattan would win goku would smoke him tho. lololol

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A friend of mine told me this:

"THE FUCK KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS ?!?!" Then he laughed and continued:
"Dr B cock would teleport Superfag into Jupiter's ion core, then if Superman got back he would teleport him back just for shits and giggles, and if super man comes back again Dr B would teleport him back to Jupiter and Jupiter into a black hole"

But there was a comic issue in which Dr. B fought against another superbeing he couldn't teleport him. What do you guys think ?