• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Stories from the Arnold- 2009

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so I was encouraged to post this, as I was at the arnold classic this year. Some hilarious stories were had, here are a few.

Story #1

So, we (Flex, Turk, his gf, I) went to the booth where Kai's supplement sponsor was to see if he was there, and it was empty. So, Flex and I decided to go behind there and pretend that we worked there. So anyways, we were there, giving out samples of stuff they just left there (all they had left was little pocket cases for holding credit cards/ID's and such), and some guys came up and asked us about the products. They had this IGF-1 booster (whether it works I have no idea, highly doubtful), but anyways, since we pretend we work there, we need to promote the products. So I just start talking about the GH-IGF-1 axis (there was a pen and a notepad of paper right there, so I drew it), and how it leads to muscle growth, difference between liver and muscle IGF, etc etc.... and claimed that the product activated muscle IGF....

... so next thing we know, some guy comes up, asks us what we're doing, and we're just like "oh, just promoting these supplements).... turns out, he's the owner of the company (lol)...

anyways, me thinking I should cover our asses so the guy isn't pissed, I tell him how I was just explaining how IGF-1 causes muscle growth to clients... so then I explain it to him. We talk for a while, and then he tells me that he's really interested in having me to consulting for their product development (!!), so we exchange contact information, and then he gives me and Flex a tub of whey protein each!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should start your own pyramid scheme soon man.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To add to the story.... Flex gave out one of the samples to some guy, and as mentioned, there was nothing in it besides the card holder thing.... so anyways... the guy comes back

"Hey, do you guys have any more? this is empty..."

and totally serious, and right in front of the owner, Flex goes "nah sorry man, we're all out"....lol

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:
i lol'd in r/l awesome storie I.S

anymore good ones like this, start posting them people :bball:

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice story. Fucking around & getting consulting job :rofl3:
Free Whey, hell yeah!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can't be a very good company if they employ someone just like that?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Entrepreneurship right there!

they saw it empty = business oportunity!

:borat:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats is hilarious.... great job IS :rofl3:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Priest76

Priest76

haha, real nice story dude! :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can't be a very good company if they employ someone just like that?

A guy who is able to diagramatically explain the IGF pathways to a lay person clearly has no qualifications, knowledge, or reason to be employed :doh:

:talkhand:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I met 2 mods and didn't get raped, that"s a story in itself. :io:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
IS that was story #1 what's #2??

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS that was story #1 what's #2??

Glad you asked....

Story #2

.....from there, we went to the Muscletech booth, where Branch Warren was there, and was giving out free autographed photos. So anyways, Flex was ahead of me, and when he gets to meet Branch, the two of them have a serious heart to heart, Flex was saying how he thought he got robbed of at least second place, and how he was so conditioned, and much better than Victor, etc etc, i mean, him and Branch were seriously bonding... so he gets the autograph with him and such, and then I go up to get one next....

.... so I go up to Branch, and just say "yeah man, I agree, I think Victor placed higher just because he's a past champ, you looked great".... that was it, him and Flex were talking for a good 2 minutes, and I just said that.... so anyways, when I get the pic, he's like "thanks man, much appreciated..... hey, do you like Cell Tech??"

So I'm like "hell yeah, I love Cell Tech!!" So then he picks up a tub, autographs it (!!) and is like "here you go man, thanks for the support"....

Flex was pissed, and it was absolutely hilarious, LOL...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

:rofl3:

he must have liked your prettyness.. or he was rewarding the ones who lied better.

that signature in the tub makes the 5 lbs ( or whatever) worth their money.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: :49:

Awesome thread, I lol'd. Any more?

And you just got lucky Rage...they'll get you sooner or later.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Branch was so out of it, I don't think he even noticed he gave a tub of Cell-Tech to the wrong guy!

The funny thing is, IS felt Victor was robbed and deserved first. He texted me immediately after the prejudging claiming 1. Victor easily... 2. Kai 3. Branch

I texted back a couple hours later after seeing the pictures telling him that this show is between Kai and Branch.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: epic story #2 I.S

keep em coming if there is more