• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

CHEAT DAYS!?

X

xXx Productions

I'm currently 3.5 weeks out from my first contest ever. I read alot about cheat days and how they are beneficial to have once a week it regards to metabolism. But i can't really find any that specifically state when to cut them out or "fine tune" them. Should i still be having them? or just toning them down a bit with not so much tasty food? any help is much appreciated!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at 3.5 weeks out, i would prolly get close to cutting them all out together

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^i agree with D on this one.

how about some pics of 3.5 weeks out so we can see how you look?

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm no genius, but I've heard that definately that cheat days can help with metabolism boost...hmm..I had a decent analogy on that a long time ago lol, but I can't remember what I said. So, yes, I would have a cheat day..it makes it less rediculous doesn't it. But ofcourse remember that everyone is different. Tim, this is your Q to put a damper on my horrible advice lul. Go ahead man :)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it depends on what kind of diet your following....i know palumbo recommends a cheat day as a re-feed to stoke metabolism and replenish glycogen stores. As you have zero direct carb sources on his diet....

But im not sure when or if he cuts it out

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are some contest threads here that should answer the question.

Or PM Flex or Creator with an outline of what you are doing in terms of diet and training.

Flex is helping Turk prepare at the moment.

Edit: actually need more info on what sort of diet, what fat levels you are at, what you aim to be at, how many cals, how much cardio, etc, etc.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at 3.5 weeks out, i would prolly get close to cutting them all out together

good advice, only thing i'd add is that if you're ahead of schedule or are just cruising into your show because you've hit your desired BF levels you can have them once a week or so in moderation. depends on where your at in your prep really.

X

xXx Productions

man you guys are full of help for real. thanks a mil!
i'm 6'0 even, and at 205. I wanna cut down to around 190-195. might be a long shot at this point huh?
i eat every hour and a half. 24 egg whites, 3 cans of tuna, 4 chicken breasts, 1 steak and protein shakes before and after weight training. my carb intake is 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning and a cup of brown rice or a yam around my mid day meal. i also throw blueberries and strawberrys in at random, but no carbs after 2. im doing cardio in two 45 minute sessions. first one at 5:30 am upon wakening with an empty stomach. second being around 8:00 pm after weight training. hopefully this info helps narrow it all down!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does not sound bad at all. Just a quick tip. A member here, Ironslave, posted a great study that puts strong evidence on the benefit of taking a scoop of whey protein before cardio you burn more fat and keep more muscle.

God Bless
Ben

Makaveli1996

Makaveli1996

I would cut all the cheating out 3 weeks out.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

AsT

i usually do pizza on cheat days. Tuna and majones ;P

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
funny-pictures-cat-hopes-you-enjoy-your-pizza.jpg