• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Downloading Music

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I used to have Limewire and all of the sudden you do it wouldnt download music anymore. Will has Frostwire and he like it so I downloaded it and it did the same thing it just wouldnt dowload any music.

Does anybody know another good place to download music from? or does anybody know what the problem was with my limewire and a way to fix it?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Courts around the world have cases in them trying to stop downloads of "illegal" content. You'll notice a lot of music videos have disappeared off of youtube. Kazaa and Limewire have court cases against them, so they have probably banned/disabled the mp3 extension download.

There is a case in Australia at the moment against an ISP to provide IP addresses of people downloading music and movies illegally. If they win then expect users to be targeted and ISP's to stop torrent access.

Industry has a point. But they really are late to the party and have brought light/low alcohol beer. I treat my downloads like a library loan to find stuff I like. And my ISP (the same one in the court case) actually has free bandwidth on iTunes (doesn't go against my download quota and max speed).

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Industry has a point. But they really are late to the party and have brought light/low alcohol beer. I treat my downloads like a library loan to find stuff I like. And my ISP (the same one in the court case) actually has free bandwidth on iTunes (doesn't go against my download quota and max speed).

The morons killed the golden goose when they shutdown napster! The money would have been in checking out what you are downloading, seeing who your favorite bands are, what kind of music you listen to etc and then using that info to sell you t-shirts. Nine Inch Nails released their last album for free and also made a special limited edition one ($150) for sale and sold those faster than people downloaded the album. You can sell people all sorts of crap when they really love a band, stuff with much higher profit margins. T-shirts, collectors sets, concert tickets and the list goes on.

The music industry just moves too slow.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
2mcazr7-1.jpg

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let's see them try to shut us down. I'll carpet bomb the shit out of anyone that dares to stand in my way from getting mah muzik.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The morons killed the golden goose when they shutdown napster! The money would have been in checking out what you are downloading, seeing who your favorite bands are, what kind of music you listen to etc and then using that info to sell you t-shirts. Nine Inch Nails released their last album for free and also made a special limited edition one ($150) for sale and sold those faster than people downloaded the album. You can sell people all sorts of crap when they really love a band, stuff with much higher profit margins. T-shirts, collectors sets, concert tickets and the list goes on.

The music industry just moves too slow.

Exactly.

There wasn't a DVD industry 10yrs ago. Now who doesn't have a DVD collection?

So it really is about using this new medium to promote artists and bands, get more coverage/marketing of media without the big price tag. That way you can actually find a market for that little band that normally would only sell a few albums locally, but can now sell 1000's internationally plus other merchandise.

P

Pain

VIP
I think video games like Rock Band and Guitar hero are great platforms for artists to sell their music. They just need to continue doing things like that.

Do you guys know that the latest Metallica album sounded better on Rock Band? The cd they released was all messed up, the loudness was too high. Stupid Metallica wanted it to be louder. The Rock Band version was untouched.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5 years from now...
Ill be standing in a cell wearing a torn up straight jacket, screaming "I'M BATMAN!!!".
:iorofl:

Downloading movies is bad...
But music...come on!!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5 years from now...
Ill be standing in a cell wearing a torn up straight jacket, screaming "I'M BATMAN!!!".
:iorofl:

Downloading movies is bad...
But music...come on!!!

I don't see too many musicians that are really rich. Most of the artists you love live out of the back of a van, constantly touring to try and make some money because people don't want to pay for their artistic creation.

Plenty of the successful bands that you would expect to be making big $$ make the same as a 9-5 menial labour job. The really successfull ones make a lot of their money from concert tickets. I don't know what the figure is now but back in the 90's the revenue return for an artist was such that you needed to sell ~100,000 albums to start making money (you have to pay back the RC advance first that covered recording and promotion costs).

So downloading music has to result in you supporting that artist in some way. Buying their DVD, or CD or going to several of their concerts (and taking your mates), the t-shirt, the cap, whatever, because otherwise that band will disappear. Some keep going because they love it, but they mainly run two jobs with music being the passionate hobby (can think of a couple of major metal acts in this category, with their members teaching music or doing IT).