• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

DIETING MEAL PLAN NEED HELP AND ADVICE

M

mahrousd

Hey guys i'm new to the site and i have a question.
I'm 6'1 175 and about 6% body fat. I want to get real lean and cut down some body fat but yet still be big and have defined muscles. Here is my meal plan and please let me know what you think. Also i'm not trying to bodybuild right now this meal plan is strictly more for a modeling thing and a summer body plan.

Morning 7:30- Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein with 3 egg whites blended) and 1 cup of fiber one original brand

Mid-morning 10:30- 1 slice of double wheat and fiber bread with 5 slices of turkey on it, about 10 almonds and a apple.

Lunch 1:30-2 whole chicken breast

Workout 3:15

Post workout meal-Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein, banana, and 3 egg whites blended)

Last meal-Varies between talapia or another chicken breast

Please guys let me know what ya'll think. Thanks

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im not the person to talk to about nutrition haha

just dropping by to say hey Shaddy :hay:
this is jeremy if you didnt already know

M

mahrousd

haha thanks jeremy, you're real helpful lol

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea i know thats why i said im not the person to answer your question
but give it a little while and you will have some answers. there are alot of very knowledgeable people on this site

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you want to get leaner than 6% bf???? are you going to compete or something? you are aware 6% is crazy lean for someone to be at regularly

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Umm 6% is leaner than BBers in the 60-70's competed at. Getting leaner than that is only for competitions.

Also 175 at 6'1" is rather light so the first priority is gaining mass. Lean bulks are all about clean foods and only a few calories over maintenance to build muscle. Get a food log, workout your macros and record your intake for the week (assuming you have been stagnant in weight for a while). Then add somewhere between 500 and 1000 cals each day above this maintenance, with the larger number of cals on training days.

Refer to this thread:http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/tailoring-nutrient-intake-exercise-goals-41461.html

M

mahrousd

Yea sounds really lean but the other day i went and done a caliper test and the guy said i was 6-7% but was shocked because i look nothing like 6% because i still have plenty of body fat. Honestly i would say i was at atleast 10% but obviously i'm not. You can sort of see my abs but i won't them to stick out and show. Right now i'm trying to comsume 2000 calories but find it to be really hard for me because i'm so worried about what i eat. And remember i'm not trying to bulk or anything i just want to be lean and muscular, enough to let people know i workout while i'm on the beach and stuff. How many calories should i be consuming and also what did ya'll think about the meal plan? Any advice or does anything need to be changed. And by the way that meal plan is exactly what i stick to 7 days a week with working out 5 days a week.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ If you don't look 6-7% then you probably aren't. In which case a cut is fine.

The error in BF testing is huge. Especially when you have a person testing. I've seen guys claim single digit BF who looked the same BF as me at low teens.

M

mahrousd

Thanks for the feedback but what i'm really concerned about is my my meal plan. I have yet to get reply's on it. Please let me know what ya'll think about the meal plan..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh we got distracted.
Hey guys i'm new to the site and i have a question.
I'm 6'1 175 and about 6% body fat. I want to get real lean and cut down some body fat but yet still be big and have defined muscles. Here is my meal plan and please let me know what you think. Also i'm not trying to bodybuild right now this meal plan is strictly more for a modeling thing and a summer body plan. We can assume that you aren't 6-7%.

Morning 7:30- Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein with 3 egg whites blended) and 1 cup of fiber one original brand Shakes are conveniance meals, try having a proper breakfast. Oats, meat of some sort, toast (carbs)

Mid-morning 10:30- 1 slice of double wheat and fiber bread with 5 slices of turkey on it, about 10 almonds and a apple. :borat:

Lunch 1:30-2 whole chicken breast with what in the way of veges?

Post workout meal-Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein, banana, and 3 egg whites blended) better to split the shake and have the eggs as a seperate meal

Last meal-Varies between talapia or another chicken breast with veges?

Please guys let me know what ya'll think. Thanks
General comments:
Calorie totals?
Macro totals and ratios?
Daily calorie requirements? And is this more or less than intake?

M

mahrousd

Here is the nutrition information. If anything needs to be added or any adive on what to change please let me know>.

Morning 7:30- Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein with 3 egg whites blended) and 1 cup of fiber one original brand
Total Cal: 435
Carbs: 57g
Fat: 5g
Protein: 60g

Mid-morning 10:30- 1 slice of double wheat and fiber bread with 5 slices of turkey on it, about 10 almonds and an ostrich jerky
Total Cal:350
Carbs: 14g
Fat: 7g
Protein: 47g

Lunch 1:30-2 whole chicken breast and apple
Total Cal: 500
Carbs: 25g
Fat: 0g
Protein:45g

Post workout meal-Protein shake (2 scoops of whey protein, banana, and 3 egg whites blended)
Total Cal: 415
Carbs:30g
Fat: 4g
Protein:45g

Last meal-Varies between 10 oz talapia or another chicken breast
Total Cal: 294
Carbs:0g
Fat: 0g
Protein: 42g

Total Calories: 1994
Total Carbs: 126
Total Fat: 18
Total Protein: 230

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Way way way too much protein. Short of a ketosis diet then you need more fats and carbs.

I'd also guess that your cals are a bit low. What do you need to maintain? Take 500-1000 from that.

M

mahrousd

I added so much protein so i can still mantain my muslces because i'm trying to cut down on some body fat and i don't want to lose any muscles.
How many carbs, protein, and fats should i be consuming a day then?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Check the articles section for this thread:http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/tailoring-nutrient-intake-exercise-goals-41461.html

The actual needs for protein, even under dieting is only ~1.6g/kg. So worry more about your macro ratio being a bit more biased towards carbs. I say this because you'll need the energy on a cut, you'll also needs the nutrients and fibre.

Also check some of the contest prep threads. Turk, Creator and Dridz had some pretty good ones off the top of my head.

M

mahrousd

Well then could you critique my diet for me? Like what kind of food exactly should i be adding?