• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say give it a chance maybe... maybe he will actually make a decent performance.

P

Pain

VIP
I say give it a chance maybe... maybe he will actually make a decent performance.

2enrpmx-1.jpg

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nicolas Cage! Val Kilmer!!! Eva Mendes and Fairuza Balk...
Sounds good to me :gaysign:

Also,
Before you badmouth Cage, check my signature(Also, i think Werewolf Women of the S.S is getting made into a film :turborun:).

P

Pain

VIP
^^^ you forgot 50 cent.

Some movies should never have sequels or remakes. Bad Lieutenant stands on its own.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Also,
Before you badmouth Cage, check my signature(Also, i think Werewolf Women of the S.S is getting made into a film :turborun:).
How's that talentless hack Rob Zombie going to make that if he's already planning another Halloween?

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
talentless hack
Quentin Tarantino? Synonomous with "talentless hack".
Rob Zombie's movies I have not watched. Are they really on the same level as Tarantino?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Quentin Tarantino? Synonomous with "talentless hack".
Rob Zombie's movies I have not watched. Are they really on the same level as Tarantino?
Huh? Tarantino is a fine director.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tarantino is a fine director.
IMO, better writer than director, & completely Over-rated, 2 bit hack that has stolen everyone of his ideas from the classics, & takes credit for the work of others as his own to push his brand of CHEESE.
My friends argue with me about this too, I just don't like him. Sorry. I'll STFU.
Reservoir dogs and Pulp fiction are good movies, same cinematographer Andrzej Sekula, coincedence? maybe, maybe not. Jackie Brown had Guillermo Navarro as cinematographer. I haven't seen the Kill Bill's, really have no desire to. I'm sure Richardson did a fine job & Quentin took all the credit.:doh:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
IMO, better writer than director, & completely Over-rated, 2 bit hack that has stolen everyone of his ideas from the classics, & takes credit for the work of others as his own to push his brand of CHEESE.
*sigh*

He hasn't stolen from anyone, which is a weak criticism to begin with, though I hear it quite often. He's used previously seen ideas and meshed them together to form a unique conglomerate of expression, combining French New Wave aesthetics with relevant concerns. He has never denied his influences and instead embraces them. Still, what's important is that he understands the movies he's inspired by to a tee, something most directors working today don't. Has he lifted shots or direct dialogue? Yes, but only because he liked it as his films are generally a patchwork of filmic movement in an exercise of postmodernism. It's hardly cheese and can only be seen as such if one looks at his pictures on the surface, instead of realizing the ornate nature of the immediate level is just that - ornate. Real considerations still lie below the surface and comment greatly on the utilization of cinema as an expressive art in and of itself. He has an innate understanding of film, openly talks about his motifs, and geniusly mixes cinematic worlds on a whim. He wears his influence on his sleeves, sure, but these aren't the qualities of a hack.
skindef said:
Reservoir dogs and Pulp fiction are good movies, same cinematographer Andrzej Sekula, coincedence? maybe, maybe not. Jackie Brown had Guillermo Navarro as cinematographer. I haven't seen the Kill Bill's, really have no desire to. I'm sure Richardson did a fine job & Quentin took all the credit.:doh:
This is generalizing and lazy to the point where I'll barely bother. The cinematographer is important, though Tarantino spends a good time behind the lens himself and puts great care into constructing shots and sequences. He actually shot Death Proof himself, which, yes, is his worst movie but hardly at the fault of the cinematography. You're placing too much emphasis on a individual here, particularly the DP, or rather you're taking too much credit away from the director, whose vision is what the film truly reflects. The Kill Bill movies are both excellent, its second installment being one of the best of the decade.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Kill Bill movies are both excellent, its second installment being one of the best of the decade.

I value your opinion and will watch them.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Having not clicked the imdb link before, I didn't realize Herzog was directing this. Now I'll definitely be there, likely opening day.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ A fact that I'm sure the "Blacksheep Coppola" is banking on, considering he hasn't done a thing worth watching since Lord of War 2005, Not counting Grindhouse didn't see it. Werner is excellent, his last 4 movies have been amazing.