• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

creatine mixed with bcaa?

NeverLetGo

NeverLetGo

Need advice: can creatine (mono - Inkospor) be mixed with bcaa powder (Xtend)?

Maybe they should be taken separately in purpose not to decrease absorption and if yes how long should I wait beetwen taking each other ?

I take 5 g of creatine along with 2 scoops of bcaa in the morning and the same dose right after my workout.

Ohh and another one: right after workout should I take creatine (or my mix) or carbo first? Alternatively how long should I wait beetwen each other?

Thanks in advance,

NLG

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Someone correct me here, but:
BCAA + Creatine = good
PWO ----> BCAA + Creatine + Carbs = good
Morning ---> BCAA + Creatine = good
Doing Creatine both morning and PWO = pointless
Seperating = pointless

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
why don't take creatine after training if you took it in the morning? TIM?

I though that creatine pre and post was mandatory.

I take it morning, pre and post.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was under the impression that you can take creatine any time you want, but around training was the best. If you take it sometime earlier in the day then you won't necessarily need another dose as you don't really need more than 3-5g (depending on BW) a day. So if you have 5g at breakfast time then you've had all you need for the day. But it would be better to take that 5g at training time.

NeverLetGo

NeverLetGo

Thanks for reply Tim, now I can mix it without any concern.

In case of 10 g dose splitted two times a day, I thought that body can adapt this amount of creatine in 4 to 6 weeks period which is my plan (in longer period it wont). Used to there was a theory of loading creatine which is not necessary true but some people report that it works well for them.

I know the theory that you should take 3 - 5 grams per day depend on BW (0,03 g per 1 kg of BW) but it concerns longer cycles like few months.

It's true that it is better to take creatine around training time but when you take one dose in the morning body can use it during time before workout (in my case it's around 10 hours) and directly during workout. That's why I take another dose after (no booster before - had one and have to finish it).

Of course this is only my opinion and absolutely I'm not as experienced as you are. I will just listen to my body and will know exactly.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yes, but (and there is always a but), the 3-5g has been researched over a number of time periods. 2wks is the shortest one I've read and it has still worked.

I think there is an article posted around here that had some of the research on why loading is shit and the ideal intakes.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^

I've searched for that thing...

and nothing..

Kanav

Kanav

Tims right, around training is a tried and true method. Atleast from my experience. 3-5 grams before and after your workout is adequate.