• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

L-carnitine Tartate

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This dutch brand is now selling L carnitine Tartate...it says 3 times stronger than normal carnitine, apperently it has fatloss and muscle gaining properties....

Any thoughts?

:gaysign:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Buying 100lbs of it right now

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I havent seen any research come up about it yet. I will see what I can find but I am skeptical at this point...

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
scholar.google has quite a few articles. I will read through some of them and see what I can find from my university database.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well meant to be good for recovery.
J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug;17(3):455-62.
The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery.
Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, Rubin MR, Sharman MJ, Gómez AL, Ratamess NA, Newton RU, Jemiolo B, Craig BW, Häkkinen K.

The purpose of this investigation was to examine the influence of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation using a balanced, cross-over, placebo-controlled research design on the anabolic hormone response (i.e., testosterone [T], insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 [IGFBP-3], and immunofunctional and immunoreactive growth hormone [GHif and GHir]) to acute resistance exercise. Ten healthy, recreationally weight-trained men (mean +/- SD age 23.7 +/- 2.3 years, weight 78.7 +/- 8.5 kg, and height 179.2 +/- 4.6 cm) volunteered and were matched, and after 3 weeks of supplementation (2 g LCLT per day), fasting morning blood samples were obtained on six consecutive days (D1-D6). Subjects performed a squat protocol (5 sets of 15-20 repetitions) on D2. During the squat protocol, blood samples were obtained before exercise and 0, 15, 30, 120, and 180 minutes postexercise. After a 1-week washout period, subjects consumed the other supplement for a 3-week period, and the same experimental protocol was repeated using the exact same procedures. Expected exercise-induced increases in all of the hormones were observed for GHir, GHif, IGFBP-3, and T. Over the recovery period, LCLT reduced the amount of exercise-induced muscle tissue damage, which was assessed via magnetic resonance imaging scans of the thigh. LCLT supplementation significantly (p < 0.05) increased IGFBP-3 concentrations prior to and at 30, 120, and 180 minutes after acute exercise. No other direct effects of LCLT supplementation were observed on the absolute concentrations of the hormones examined, but with more undamaged tissue, a greater number of intact receptors would be available for hormonal interactions. These data support the use of LCLT as a recovery supplement for hypoxic exercise and lend further insights into the hormonal mechanisms that may help to mediate quicker recovery.
The review that says it is good for recovery:
Nutrition. 2004 Jul-Aug;20(7-8):709-15.
Supplementation of L-carnitine in athletes: does it make sense?
Karlic H, Lohninger A.

Studies in athletes have shown that carnitine supplementation may foster exercise performance. As reported in the majority of studies, an increase in maximal oxygen consumption and a lowering of the respiratory quotient indicate that dietary carnitine has the potential to stimulate lipid metabolism. Treatment with L-carnitine also has been shown to induce a significant postexercise decrease in plasma lactate, which is formed and used continuously under fully aerobic conditions. Data from preliminary studies have indicated that L-carnitine supplementation can attenuate the deleterious effects of hypoxic training and speed up recovery from exercise stress. Recent data have indicated that L-carnitine plays a decisive role in the prevention of cellular damage and favorably affects recovery from exercise stress. Uptake of L-carnitine by blood cells may induce at least three mechanisms: 1) stimulation of hematopoiesis, 2) a dose-dependent inhibition of collagen-induced platelet aggregation, and 3) the prevention of programmed cell death in immune cells. As recently shown, carnitine has direct effects in regulation of gene expression (i.e., carnitine-acyltransferases) and may also exert effects via modulating intracellular fatty acid concentration. Thus there is evidence for a beneficial effect of L-carnitine supplementation in training, competition, and recovery from strenuous exercise and in regenerative athletics.
Kraemer again saying the same thing but with a better journal:
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Feb;282(2)
L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress.
Volek JS, Kraemer WJ, Rubin MR, Gómez AL, Ratamess NA, Gaynor P.

We examined the influence of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) on markers of purine catabolism, free radical formation, and muscle tissue disruption after squat exercise. With the use of a balanced, crossover design (1 wk washout), 10 resistance-trained men consumed a placebo or LCLT supplement (2 g L-carnitine/day) for 3 wk before obtaining blood samples on six consecutive days (D1 to D6). Blood was also sampled before and after a squat protocol (5 sets, 15-20 repetitions) on D2. Muscle tissue disruption at the midthigh was assessed using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) before exercise and on D3 and D6. Exercise-induced increases in plasma markers of purine catabolism (hypoxanthine, xanthine oxidase, and serum uric acid) and circulating cytosolic proteins (myoglobin, fatty acid-binding protein, and creatine kinase) were significantly (P < or = 0.05) attenuated by LCLT. Exercise-induced increases in plasma malondialdehyde returned to resting values sooner during LCLT compared with placebo. The amount of muscle disruption from MRI scans during LCLT was 41-45% of the placebo area. These data indicate that LCLT supplementation is effective in assisting recovery from high-repetition squat exercise.
Dosage that you need:
J Strength Cond Res. 2007 Feb;21(1):259-64.
Responses of criterion variables to different supplemental doses of L-carnitine L-tartrate.
Spiering BA, Kraemer WJ, Vingren JL, Hatfield DL, Fragala MS, Ho JY, Maresh CM, Anderson JM, Volek JS.

L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation beneficially affects markers of postexercise metabolic stress and muscle damage. However, to date, no study has determined the dose response of LCLT to elicit such responses. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to determine the effects of different doses of LCLT on criterion variables previously shown to be responsive to LCLT supplementation. Eight healthy men (22 +/- 3 y, 174 +/- 5 cm, 83.0 +/- 15.3 kg) were supplemented with 0 g, 1 g, and 2 g of LCLT for 3 weeks and then performed a bout of resistance exercise (5 sets of 15-20 repetition maximum with a 2-min rest between sets) with associated blood draws. This procedure was performed in a balanced, randomized, repeated measures design. Serum carnitine concentrations increased (p < or = 0.05) following the 1 g and 2 g doses, with the 2-g dose providing the highest carnitine concentrations. The 1- and 2-g doses reduced postexercise serum hypoxanthine, serum xanthine oxidase, serum myoglobin, and perceived muscle soreness. In conclusion, both the 1- and 2-g doses were effective in mediating various markers of metabolic stress and of muscle soreness. Use of LCLT appears to attenuate metabolic stress and the hypoxic chain of events leading to muscle damage after exercise.
A bit of a spanner in the works:
Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Aug;72(2 Suppl):618S-23S.
Supplemental carnitine and exercise.
Brass EP.

Carnitine is an endogenous compound with well-established roles in intermediary metabolism. An obligate for optimal mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation, it is a critical source of energy and also protects the cell from acyl-CoA accretion through the generation of acylcarnitines. Carnitine homeostasis is affected by exercise in a well-defined manner because of the interaction of the carnitine-acylcarnitine pool with key metabolic pathways. Carnitine supplementation has been hypothesized to improve exercise performance in healthy humans through various mechanisms, including enhanced muscle fatty acid oxidation, altered glucose homeostasis, enhanced acylcarnitine production, modification of training responses, and altered muscle fatigue resistance. Available experimental clinical studies designed to assess the effect of carnitine on exercise metabolism or performance in healthy humans do not permit definitive conclusions to be drawn. In the aggregate, however, these studies suggest that carnitine supplementation does not improve maximal oxygen uptake or metabolic status during exercise in healthy humans. Carnitine administration for </=1 mo in humans increases plasma carnitine concentrations but does not increase muscle carnitine content. Additional clinical trials integrating physiologic, biochemical, and pharmacologic assessments are needed to definitively clarify any effects of carnitine on exercise performance in healthy persons.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow thankns timmy! Im gonna get it and take 2grams a day spreaded in 3 servings, thanx for the great info!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
thanks for the research Tim!