• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sean Penn, Jim Carrey, & Benicio Del Toro are... The Three Stooges

P

Pain

VIP
http://www.joblo.com/penn-carrey-stooges

You may have heard the rumors but if you're like me, you didn't really think they would pan out. But somehow they have. Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro are set to star in THE THREE STOOGES for the Farrelly Brothers and they're bringing Jim Carrey with them. Del Toro will star as Moe, Penn will star as Larry and Carrey will gain 40 lbs to star as Curly. And I swear this is not an early April Fools gag.

As I mentioned, both Penn and Del Toro had been rumored as possibilities (as had Russell Crowe at one point) but Carrey's name never came up (at least anywhere that I heard). Penn had reportedly been studying with voiceman Billy West (who did an amazing Larry Fine
back on the "Howard Stern Show") to get his voice down. As Variety notes, it would be Penn's first comedy since 1989 and a surprising one giving his recent Oscar win for MILK.

Now that the cast is set, the Farrelly brothers will fine tune the script and look to have production underway this fall for MGM. As previously mentioned, this project won't be a biopic but rather a comedy very much the way the Three Stooges would have made a comedy back in their day.

Extra Tidbit: Wow.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I wait with baited breath... it could be so good or sooooooo bad.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jim Carrey as Curly? WTF!
He'll wreck it.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll bet you $, he makes it suck ass.

Don't get me wrong, Not hating on JC. Just don't think he is right for the role.
I love the 3Stooges and own boxset.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This casting vs the world = the world never had a chance...
:headbang:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember laughing at a Three Stooges sketch one time..... I must have been 8 or 9yrs old.

Why would anyone want a movie of this?