• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

hangover cures

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bacon+eggs+toast+lots and lots of water

Of course should have tackled the issue the night before with a lot of water, salty/sugary drink and some protein with fats meal. Basically hangovers are related to dehydration, disruption of the osmotic balance (salts and sugars), and absorbtion in the stomach. The protein and fats close the pyloric sphincter which creates a better absorption of the fluids and salts so that the hydration and osmotic balance can be returned.

R

RIP

Ive had alot of them, It may be the only thing I know more about than most on here. The only sure hangover cure is "Time". Or you can start drinking again, that works also.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Not drinking alcohol :wutyousay: If you want to drink... then harden the fuck up and deal with the hangover :borat:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a beer...thats what ive heard. :dunnodude:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
drinking milk beforehand suposedly coats the stomache in a way that minimizes hangovers. idk i've never tried it but it's supposed to work. and also drinking water consistently all night will certainly help.

cardu is part right in what he's saying. a little bit of alcohol the next morning when you're hung over will help ease the pain. you're body is going through a "withdrawl" so to speak and giving a little bit of alcohol (a beer works) helps ease this.

shivsiddh

shivsiddh

i dont know about drinking milk before drinking alcohol man, i have thrown up everytime i have done that, maybe its just me

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The milk thing just stops alcohol absorption in the first half hour or so. Plus it can make sure you don't flush the system and have fluids entering the small intenstinve for quick absorption. But over the course of an evening this doesn't make a huge difference.

Hair of the dog will only stop the dizziness as it gives more alcohol into the bloodstream that enters the inner ear. The dizziness is from alcohol changing the fluids viscosity in the inner ear such that the inner and outer fluids change density and start to spin at different speeds (hence the dizzy feeling and lack of balance). You'll often notice that the spinning is in the opposite direction the next morning. This is due to the change in density back.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the best cure is prevention
anyways you have to be a total dumbass to get drunk

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The milk thing just stops alcohol absorption in the first half hour or so. Plus it can make sure you don't flush the system and have fluids entering the small intenstinve for quick absorption. But over the course of an evening this doesn't make a huge difference.

Hair of the dog will only stop the dizziness as it gives more alcohol into the bloodstream that enters the inner ear. The dizziness is from alcohol changing the fluids viscosity in the inner ear such that the inner and outer fluids change density and start to spin at different speeds (hence the dizzy feeling and lack of balance). You'll often notice that the spinning is in the opposite direction the next morning. This is due to the change in density back.

you are such a nerd

:bitenails:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the best cure is prevention
anyways you have to be a total dumbass to get drunk

Hmmm. I get drunk. I don't consider myself dumb.

From a cultural perspective; alcohol and drugs are a long tradition of human evolution. I was just watching a doco on ancient civilisations and archeology. They had a ruin that dated back 3000 years or so that had a special preparation area designed for making a special "celebration drink" made from cannabis, opium poppies and ephedra. Needless to say that you'd be feeling pretty celebratory with a bit of that stuff!!

Beer and alcohol have been the foundation of entire cultures. Great feats of engineering wouldn't have been possible without them (pyramids for example). Now clearly drugs of all sorts have an important place in our society and our history. We would not be here without these drugs. To simply dismiss alcohol as something that only dumb people take, or that getting drunk is only for the stupid is not only narrow minded but shows a sense of misplaced superiority.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A bloody mary in the morning with a bgi breakfast, or sex..that always helps :gaysign:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

From a cultural perspective; alcohol and drugs are a long tradition of human evolution. I was just watching a doco on ancient civilisations and archeology. They had a ruin that dated back 3000 years or so that had a special preparation area designed for making a special "celebration drink" made from cannabis, opium poppies and ephedra. Needless to say that you'd be feeling pretty celebratory with a bit of that stuff!!

Beer and alcohol have been the foundation of entire cultures. Great feats of engineering wouldn't have been possible without them (pyramids for example). Now clearly drugs of all sorts have an important place in our society and our history. We would not be here without these drugs. To simply dismiss alcohol as something that only dumb people take, or that getting drunk is only for the stupid is not only narrow minded but shows a sense of misplaced superiority.

Nicely said Tim, also...apperantly u have enver gotten smashed and had the best night in ur life huh chewie? once u do..u will want to get drunk all the time...:turborun:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do any of those hangover blocker pills that you take before you drink actually work? I usually dont get a hangover unless I truly get shitfaced, but I've always been curious about those

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ never heard of such pills, any links?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I copy-pasted this post in word. I feel the same way but couldn't quite find the appropriate arguments to express my feelings. This will help me get the message through my parents.