• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding Legend Armand Tanny dies

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Word from Bill Dobbins is that Bodybuilding Legend Armand Tanny has passed away.

Like many strength athletes of the time, he got his start in Olympic lifting and fared pretty well before making the switch to bodybuilding. One of his favorite lifts was the one arm clean, which he could perform with over 300 pounds — an impressive feat.

The Rochester, New York native won the Pro-Mr. America bodybuilding title in 1950 and the Mr. USA title in 1950. His brother was the Vic Tanny of Vic Tanny’s Gym fame.

Armand Tanny (brother of Vic Tanny) was a very successful bodybuilder in the late 40’s and 50’s, and a regular at the original Santa Monica Muscle Beach scene.

Tanny competed in many major bodybuilding contests and won the Pro-Mr. America in 1950. His favorite exercise was one you don’t often see these days: the one arm clean.

tan1-1.jpg

tan2gjp-1.jpg

tan3-1.png

tan4o-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
one arm clean with over 300 pounds, that was awesome !!!

R.I.P. Armand Tanny.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
300 one arm clean is huge! RIP