• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Watching a movie at home or going to the cinema?

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
What do you enjoy doing more? Watching a movie at home or going to the cinema.

I much prefer watching movies at home on my 1080p tv. I hate all the annoyances you get when going to the cinema. I guess it all depends on your set up at home. I have a pretty modest set up which does fine at creating a cinema like experience. Also, watching movies in 1080p look way better than anything cinemas can offer around here.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At home, here are my MAIN reasons.

1.gas
2.parking
3.people
4.price
5.traffic
6.might be sold out?
7.can drink sodas here, eat anything i want, (theaters wont let you)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Theater, but the gap is closing.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends bro.

If the movie is all about action and special effect with zero intellectual appeal, then I shall go to the movies to maximize the pro's of the movie. That also allows for a group to go and have fun afterwards.

But if it's a drama with a great plot and amazing acting and no focus on graphics, then for sure at home. That way I can enjoy it more, without assholes eating popcorn loudly and I can also re-watch important parts. And people can come to my place to watch it and chill out afterwards.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Theater.

I love paying $11 for a small popcorn and soda.

:bitelip:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At Home

Can pause the movie anytime if needed to get more food or go to the toliet

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ill go to the cinema to see a movie i reaaaally want to see(Like im going to see G.I. Joe on opening day), but other than that i like to watch movies at home.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Home The older I get the more I hate going out...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I liked going to the cinema when I was younger. But right now and for the last years when Im bigger from training, I find it extremly hard to sit comfortable in the chairs they have at the cinema..so thats why I choose at home

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Home The older I get the more I hate going out...

And you call me old! :footmouth:

I end up watching more movies at home so voted for that, but I do enjoy the movie going experience. No matter how good your home theatre setup is you will never get a 30m wide screen with surround sound that can deafen a rhino. There is something visceral and engulfing about the cinema experience that can never be replaced.

Although surround sound and a decent projector unit can make up a lot of ground.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i guess at home. i like that i can drink beer and eat whatever i want. i can stop the movie to go take a piss and not miss anything.

the one thing i like about the cinema is the sound and the BIG fucking screen you are watching the moive on.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Until such time that I can afford a projector in my own house... cinema.

Plus I fucking love cinema popcorn, I can never get it right at home.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a 120" projector screen for my movies. I do watch most on my 1080p 60" but if I feel good enough I will watch in on the projector. The only time I will go to the movies is for IMAX. It has to be a good movie too. Batman in IMAX was the most recent one that I went to for the movies.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im a hardcore cinema fan!

Nothing beats watching a movie you are dying to see in a cinema!

also,i have a steady group of peeps to enjoy the experience with.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Summer movies....theater. I like to see those as soon as they come out....transformers.....star trek, etc;

All the rest I wait until it comes out on DVD. Got a 42 inch 1080p. Just waiting to get my blu-ray player.

BTW what is a good blu-ray player and what can I expect to pay?

Freak:music:

P

Pain

VIP
BTW what is a good blu-ray player and what can I expect to pay?

Freak:music:

Line can answer this better than me but I'd go for either a PS3 or a Sony BDP-S350. Expect to pay anywhere from around $150 to $300.

L

liposuctionguide

Banned
i like at home.i like that i can drink beer and eat whatever i want. i can stop the movie to go take a piss and not miss anything.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line can answer this better than me but I'd go for either a PS3 or a Sony BDP-S350. Expect to pay anywhere from around $150 to $300.
I actually don't have much to add. I have the BDP-S350 myself and am happy with it...now that I have a working model.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
last movie i saw in theaters is transformers...i get bootlegged copies that are very good quality so i watch them at home