• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dmacht's begginner workout routine

dmacht

dmacht

Here's a routine i came up with a friend. First the background though, I'm 6'6 (200cm) aged 18. Always been quite skinny, but Ive done some free weights and body weight workouts for a couple months and increased food consumption. All measurements taken upon waking up.
Feb 20 - weighed in at 68kg
March 20- 73.1 kg
April 12 - 74.7kg

I haven't gained in fat, because it is quite difficult for me to add fat, so I know most of the weight gain is in muscle mass as can be seen through larger muscles as well. So recently i have decided that I'm going to get a weight room membership thing and hit the weights there. So here's the routine i came up with my friend,

3 sets of 7 reps. Or should i do 6 reps?
---Day 1---
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell flys.
Tricep press
Pullovers

---Day 2----
Cable rows
Bent over DB rows
Lat pulldowns
Bicep curl

---Day3---
Rest

--Day4---
Barbell squat
Leg press
deadlifts
--Day5--
Rest

--day6---
Barbel shoulder press
Side flys
Forward Flys

--day 7--
Rest

The one thing I'm worried about is if this may be too intense to start out with or if i would burn out? Any input would be highly appreciated. My main goal for early July is to hit 185-190lbs in muscle if possible, and maybe even more but I'll worry about other goals later. I'm quite motivated in getting bigger though, being 6"6 and skinny is quite irritating.:headbang: and happy easter

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
The only thing I'd say at this point is to stop doin flat bench and incline bench on the same day, alternate each week. Stick to the compound exercises and you'll be right.

As far as burning out, as long as you eat well, rest enough and drink plenty of water you will be fine.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks solid man, i would do 3-4 sets each 8-10 reps, dont get fixiated on one rep count, jsut estimate how much you would need for 8 reps and try to get eight to 10. too heavy, lower the weigth, too easy up the wieght,

Train hard :headbang:

L91

L91

Hello dmacht:wave:, Train hard:headbang:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
For starters, 3 sets of 6-7 reps won't get you anywhere. You're just not doing enough volume that way. If you want to keep to a low rep range you'll need to do more sets. Try 5-7 sets of 5-7 reps with a 70-80% intensity level. Secondly, you've got uneven volume through out the week. You should move triceps to your shoulder day and lose the front raises.

dmacht

dmacht

I haven't gone to get a gym membership yet, I'm still considering the options, perhaps some suggestions on which choice to take would be helpful.
I could get a membership closer to school, the problem is it's around a 25 minute bike ride one way from my house to the gym there. I was thinking, this could be good, 25 minute pre workout routine to get the blood flowing, and then a 25 minute post workout routine to supply muscles with blood to help the healing process and reduce lactic acid. On top of the bike ride, I could potentially work with a partner, so I could train to failure on some exercises.
My other option is a gym closer to me, I wouldn't be biking for nearly as long (5 minutes) and I moved here recently, so I don't know of anyone I could work out here with.
So right now I'm leaning on the longer bike ride , mainly because i think the cardio would be good on top of bulking up. Any ideas or suggestions? thanks