• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Organic Peanut Butter

M

mahrousd

I'm trying to cut down on body fat and look leaner and achieve a six pack. I was wondering, is peanut butter good to eat while cutting and trying to achieve this??

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends how ur diet looks like, also how much cardio ur doing and so forth, list a complete list with diet, training and cardio so we can better help you

train hard :headbang:

M

mahrousd

I'm 6ft about 180. I'm trying to cut down on my body fat around the mid section but yet gain some lean muscle mass. I do a full body workout 3 days a week M-W-F and cardio and abs on Tues amd Thurs. Also this meal plan doesn't include the peanut butter but I'm wanting to sub or throw some organic peanut butter in there. I just didn't know if it was good or bad for you while cutting. Please let me know what you think.

7:30- 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg mixed with 5 slices of turkey. 1/2 a cup of old fashioned oatmeal.
Protein: about 42g
Carbs: about 27g
Fats: about 8g
Total cals: 413

10:30- 1 slice of double wheat and fiber bread with 5 slices of turkey. apple and 10 almonds
Protein: about 25g
Carbs: about 38g
Fats: about 10g
Total cals: 325

1:30- salad with 1 can of tuna and 5 slices of turkey mixed together
Protein: about 42g
Carbs: about 8g
Fats: 0g
Total cals: 285

3:15-workout

4:30- post workout shake( 2 scoops of on pro complex protein and 1 banana)
Protein: 60g
Carbs: about 27g
Fats: 0g
Total cals: 370

6:00- 8oz chicken breast with 1/2 cup of brown rice and some broccoli
Protein: about 50g
Carbs: about 20g
Fats: about 5
Total cals: 350

9:00- 2 cans of tuna with 4 slices of turkey and 1/2 a cup of low fat 2% cottage cheese mixed together.
Protein: about 52g
Carbs: about 5g
Fats: about 3
Total cals: 390

Total Protein: about 271g
Total Carbs: about 125g
Total Fats: about 26g
Total calories for the day: 2,133

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can say one thing - organic peanut butter is the same as normal peanut butter. So the only difference will be the $$ you can't spend on other food.

Can you please explain why your macros don't equal your total calories? (~300cals out)

Can you please explain why you need 60% of your calories from protein?

Can you please explain why you have one serve of vegetables for the day? Do you enjoy constipation, malnutrition and scurvy?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my thoughts exactly tim, your macro's arent very good, 60% protein is a waste of protein , not enough carbs for breakfastor postworkout, too much tuna too, watch out for mercury levels, not enough vegetables, fiber is very important, an average human being needs about 40 grams of fiber a day

I would say lower protein and increase good fats and some carbs in the morning and postworkout

M

mahrousd

The macros don't equal my total calories because it's basically a rough estimate. I noticed that is too much protein in my diet but can't figure out a way to fix that because i eat soo much meat and that's the only way i can achieve my calories. Can you please help me figure out some substitutes for that so i can still be around 2100-2200 calories a day. I'm trying to maintain around 180 but shed the fat and look a lot leaner and cut. Can you tell me how many fats, carbs, and proteins should i be consuming? Also could you please critique my diet for me as in tell me what i need to add for each meal or replace? Thanks a lot for the help guys

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did you mean natural peanut butter over conventional peanut butter (skippy, JIF, kraft etc)? If that's the case than yes there is a difference.

Standard PB's contain added sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oils you don't need or want specially on a cutting diet. Stick to a natty PB like Adam's which ingredients should read: Peanuts! that's it :D

Makaveli1996

Makaveli1996

Whole earth organic peanut butter is what i use,but as it has been said your diet is lacking healthy fats and fruit & veg.

Whether your bulking or cutting then both of these are essential,and i am guessing your not cutting for a comp so again up the carbs breakfast time and pwo.

M

mahrousd

Ok i'm getting from a bunch of people that i need to add more fats, carbs, and vegies. Well by looking at my meal plan could someone tell me exactly what i need to add to each meal or replace. Can you just go through each meal one by one and tell me what needs to be done, if something you think needs to be added then please add it or if it needs to be replaced with something else. Thanks guys

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As tim said

Nowadays there a many different types of peanut butter. There is chunky, creamy, no-salt, no-sugar, and natural. What exactly does natural mean? You might be thinking that all peanut butter is obviously natural, and yes, it is. But the main difference between natural peanut butter and regular commercial peanut butter is that natural peanut butter is just ground peanuts(possibly with a bit of oil and/or salt added) and the peanut oils tend to separate. Recently, though, there have been some varieties of natural peanut butter that have alleviated the separation problem and there are creamy and crunchy varieties of natural peanut butter as well. The reason regular commercial peanut butters don't separate is due to stabilizers(different chemicals added to the peanut butter to keep it from separating).

http://www.thekdr.com/thepbnjpages/pb.html

I buy natural peanut butter because I like the taste better, and I find it better to avoid an unnatural chemicals that I can like the ones they use to keep the oil from separating. But that is just a personal preference.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say to eat either the natural peanut butter or the organic peanut butter is good as well- there is not a big difference in nutrition with these two kinds of peanut butter. They are better for your heart than regular peanut butter, because regular peanut butter has more staturated fat than organic or natural.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder why the title of this discussion is organic peanut butter. Are you conscious with the food that are available in the market that they may be tainted by chemicals that are harmful to us? With peanut butter, one doctor in an interview said that old folks were sustained by peanut butter in the olden days. That was the most popular bread spread for the poor families. In fact, i also grew up with peanut butter that we bought by the cup from Chinese convenience stores. That means peanut butter is good for our health.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've never heard of organic peanut butter. I think all nuts have natural oil in them and I am sure its healthy. But you can try eating peanut butter once in a while since it has been proccesed .