• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Knee Wraps Tutorial Techniques

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Knee Wraps Tutorial Techniques

i recently made a purchase of knee wraps, ive never used them before but i was wondering if others can share their valid information on what they believe is the correct and most supportive way to wrap the knees with the wraps,
i stumbled across this below below as well.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good video Drid thanks

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i use the first version, but i start from top and go down plus i personally don't wrap the knee cap.. only over and under the cap

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is an article on Dr Squat's site that covers the correct way. I'm not sure exactly which is the correct/best way, but he actually did a study (or is citing a study) that was done on powerlifters.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wat r knee wraps used for?
so if ur knees hurt you you wear them? could someone shed some light

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Only time I used wraps for my knees was after my knee injury to give some support because it cave out. But if you have healty knees why use wraps? you wont get anything out of it. Sure you can lift more, but its the wraps thats doing the extra lifting not your quads

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Only time I used wraps for my knees was after my knee injury to give some support because it cave out. But if you have healty knees why use wraps? you wont get anything out of it. Sure you can lift more, but its the wraps thats doing the extra lifting not your quads

I'm blessed with good knees, I'm with you Daniel, I'll only use it in case of injury.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
in the " In the dungeon dvd" Dorian says that using knee wraps only does worse since it compresses the joint with the bone and they kind rub more against each other.

don't know if it's true..I don't use them though.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No wraps for me, only belt

Why use them Dridderz? your still young and have good knee's, no need for them yet

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you wrap your knees tightly then you will get an extra spring coming out of the hole or you can wrap them loosely to keep your knees warm. They don't prevent your knees from locking out, they don't take stress of your quads, they don't prevent knee injuries and they don't prevent injuries from getting any worse. I'm not sure what the science is on it but wraps should really only be used when maxing out with singles.

If you're interested in keeping your knees healthy then you need to strengthen your posterior chain, strengthen the VMO, get your ankles mobile and get your hips mobile. Of course, working on form would be a good thing and so would getting away from machines.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice video. That guy in the video must have really long straps, I think mine are 6ft and I couldn't wrap them around that many times.