• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutting

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really need to cut right now,
i remember reading that there was a Palumbo diet to cut that was kind of already done, you didnt have to research anything bla bla bla
i have been trying to find that diet for 2hrs and right now important exams start at the end of April and i dont have time to spare.
anyone know which one i`m refering to or have it favouritedd or something?
it think its called the ketosis diet?

and i was also wondering would it be good to start that diet with exams approaching, you know it would be bad if i have headaches and getting tired etc... when i should be putting my energy into boring studies

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Palumbo = Zero carb, high fat/high protein.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You do not want to be in ketosis while you are trying to study.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes i know that but you didnt help me
i was looking for the specific diet with all the "instructions"

*reference to skeptic*

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so what could i do for a light diet while studying,
something that would allow me to burn just a little bit of fat per X units of time whilst still maintain quality muscle and not being in these bad moods.
kind of like a beginner cutting program
i`m not sure i fully explained myself

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I'm not sure of the specifics of the diet, never been too keen on trying it myself. I agree with Tim though, you do not want to be on a zero carb diet through exams.

Just keep some of the carbs in your diet, don't drop them (or your total calories) too much until you're finished with exams. Instead of dropping the calories, manipulate things with your cardio.

In reference to the instructions. Learn to calorie count. Having everything written out for you will teach you nothing. PM a few of the competitive guys on this board... but I can tell you that, although they are willing to help you, they will not write out your diet for you.

BTW... exams are always a terrible time to diet. Maybe you can wait until after, THEN start dieting?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well tbh i dont mind.
but i tend to gain and have fat on my hips, thighs and ass and i`m afraid i`ll get a bigger waist if i leave it, if it wont matter, then i can wait

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Easiest way is to cut snacks.

Another idea is to cut out any liquid calories especially anything junk.

Another idea is to cut meal portions.

Another idea is to clean up your diet.

Seriously this is not hard. The hard part is actually sticking to it and actually following the diet.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Your exams cant last for more than a couple weeks? Work out what your maintenance caloric intake is, continue with that through your exams, and throw in cardio around your regular training. You should see some drop in body fat, without much of a hinderance to study.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exams begin 29 april and finish at around end may
:noesskull: :angrydude:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
well still, like Tim said, just try to clean up your diet or cut meal portions or etc... and then concentrate on a proper diet after exams.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
roger that thx.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eat less than you burn and dont get too caught up with which macronutrients are consisted of these calories. Tim makes great suggestions on ways to reduce your calories and thus better your chances of creating a deficit.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
where can i find the amounts of calories required simply to maintain my lean bodyweight
and in tims macronutrient article, is the amount of protein stated usable for someone cutting aswell?
i`m ready to begin a light diet which i`ll kick into hyperdrive the second i finish exams
in tims article it didnt cover cutting just bulking
and if i remember well didnt mention calorific intake at all

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creator posted something I remember on cutting having a slightly higher protein ratio; something like 45/35/20.

Either way you would already be getting >1.6g/kg on most diets so you would be in positive nitrogen balance. 2500 cals for a 90kg person would need 144g of protein which is 23% of the diet. So a 30% diet is already quite high in protein. Up that just a little to 40% and cutting should be fine, but so would it at 30%.

But this doesn't take into account carb cycling. Have a read of the article I posted in the articles section by Kravitz on this.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creator posted something I remember on cutting having a slightly higher protein ratio; something like 45/35/20.

Either way you would already be getting >1.6g/kg on most diets so you would be in positive nitrogen balance. 2500 cals for a 90kg person would need 144g of protein which is 23% of the diet. So a 30% diet is already quite high in protein. Up that just a little to 40% and cutting should be fine, but so would it at 30%.

But this doesn't take into account carb cycling. Have a read of the article I posted in the articles section by Kravitz on this.

per lean bodyweight, wat would be the numbers for calorie intake
i stayed getting my exact exact BF %age so that i could have everything exact
i`ll check out kravitz post

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cannot find these threads you are refering to by creator and yours by kravitz on carb cycling, the only one i`m find remotely linked is Tailoring Nutrient Intake to Exercise Goals which doesnt cover cutting
and i went through all of creators thread titles, nothing which could suggest contents is related to cutting

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You do not want to be in ketosis while you are trying to study.

Im sorry tim But why not I function Better while in ketosis I am doing that diet at the moment and It works great I guess it different strokes for different folks? Im not trying to be a dick Timmy just trying to learn...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im sorry tim But why not I function Better while in ketosis I am doing that diet at the moment and It works great I guess it different strokes for different folks? Im not trying to be a dick Timmy just trying to learn...

Ketones affect brain function and are actually toxic to brain tissues.

The diet works, you just don't want to have to do anything that challenges your thinking while doing it, and you don't want to be on it for any period of time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cannot find these threads you are refering to by creator and yours by kravitz on carb cycling, the only one i`m find remotely linked is Tailoring Nutrient Intake to Exercise Goals which doesnt cover cutting
and i went through all of creators thread titles, nothing which could suggest contents is related to cutting
You just have to apply the cycling to a restricted dietary intake such that you emphasize when you need the calories and limit when you don't. Basically, overall you end up with fewer calories over the week, but the majority when it is important.

Just read it carefully.

And Mike didn't post it as a thread, it was an individual post related to cutting. He may be able to elucidate.

Oh and Beradi's thing is fine. If it looks too complicated, then you probably won't be able to do it. In reality, it probably isn't complicated, but you need to get a feel for the simple stuff first.

Last edited by a moderator: