• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Football supps help

R

RogerKlotz

Whats up guys I need some advice: I'm a 21 yr old college football player who for the first time in my life hit a road block in the weight room. This was about 3 months ago. I pushed through, took a week off here and there, changed my reps/sets, everything i could think of, but nothing worked. I eventually tweaked my tricep which limited upper body lifting so i went hard on the legs. This led to a disc problem in my back and i'm now out for 8-10 weeks. I've already lost 10 lbs and wrecked my offseason goals. I'm favored to start at right tackle and I have 3 months to show up for camp injury free and bigger faster and stronger than ever. The only supplements I've previously taken are protein and creatine(only for a month). I only plan on using something for a month or two at the most just to get me back to where I was. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see another college football player here. I just finished my college football senior year and will be graduating this semester. In your case its tough depending on what branch you play in. The NCAA drug test are extensive and cover anything from street drugs to nyquil. Juco's and other branches that arent affialated with the NCAA dont drug test so you get a lot of juiced guys there.

Your best bet is to make your shake. It will cost less and be more beneficial to you. Post WO go with a whey, dextrose, creatine mono combination. Playing tackle your probably a big guy and want to maintain that weight so you could through some Oats in to help you out with the weight. Get a multi-vitamin and just make sure you eat well.

I also would suggest http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles.html

That workout is used virtually by most every guy trying to improve their game in the nfl and guys who are trying to show well at the combine. If you read about him you'll see what I'm talking about. The program is a powerlifting program thats made to address the speed and movement needs of athletes. I used to get aggrevating lifting with football because we always had to the "team" workout and some of them really sucked.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Think about reading a few of the articles in the articles and training section on program design etc.

On the supplements thing you want to use the supps to recover and be ready to roll in the gym. Look into Leucine, a good whey, creatine, ZMA and fish oil.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also if you curious whether or not a supplement is banned by the NCAA you can go to http://www.drugfreesport.com and email them what supplement your considering using and they will tell you.

R

RogerKlotz

Thanks for the replies guys-and Bam I'm in the mac so we get tested fall spring and randomly in the summer. Also Defrancos stuff looks pretty good I like the focus on hip flexibility and the explosive exercises-definitely different from our run of the mill "team lifts". I was reading today about this stuff from Anabolic Innovations called Essentials-eliminates having to take all of that stuff individually. Thoughts?

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take havoc.. its a ph which makes you bigger stronger and faster than ever.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take havoc.. its a ph which makes you bigger stronger and faster than ever.

That will make him fail a NCAA Football Drug test. Just be smart with what you put in your body, you dont want to lose a whole season over something stupid.

Also the summer drug testings... I think they are a hoax. The NCAA has to spend huge bucks already and I think there were a lot of guys (merriman*) that would juice during the summer and the NCAA caught on. I dont know one person personally that has gotten tested during the summer. But there is still a chance, but they have to call you up and send someone out to your house to do it. Just seems pricey.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That Essentials looks like an ok product. I still say you'd be better off just going with protein, creatine, dextrose. Plus it will be cheaper. Save you money to spend on food and other things you want to have fun with.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn do you really think every ncaa player is drug free? there are many ways to cheat on a drug test

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn do you really think every ncaa player is drug free? there are many ways to cheat on a drug test

This is where your wrong friend. I know first hand. The NCAA drug testing policy is the best drug testing policy of any sport. I never said all of them were drug free. If you read my above post I said that they do it during the summer.

A NCAA drug test you can fail for something as small as nyquil, the doctor is there watching the pee come out of you, you sign electronic paperwork so no way to alter it, the ph of your pee is tested on spot to see if its testible, if you cant produce a testible amount of pee you automatically fail. Not to mention they test for ALL and I mean ALL the masking agents that are available. No way to beat it other than doing it and not getting tested.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well take that shit during winter then

R

RogerKlotz

If i did the havoc thing for one month (june) would it be out of my system by october? Regardless its too risky but it does sound appealing as a way to get myself back on track. And bam is right about the test I got tested last fall and they make you drop your pants to the floor and hold your shirt up while they watch you-talk about stagefright haha

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wrote a paper on drug usage in the NCAA and in a confidential study done nationwide amongst D-1 athlete football players, 75% admitted to using steroids during their college career. I personally know of a few people from my university that have used aas during their career. I dont condone it by any means but it is certainly very prevalent.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So are you saying that they beat the tests or that they weren't tested regularly?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wrote a paper on drug usage in the NCAA and in a confidential study done nationwide amongst D-1 athlete football players, 75% admitted to using steroids during their college career. I personally know of a few people from my university that have used aas during their career. I dont condone it by any means but it is certainly very prevalent.

75% is way way way too high. I do admit there is a lot of usage, but there is no way that is right. That means that 75% of every team.... thats just bullshit. Everyteam I've played on has had a between 5-10 guys who you knew were, but when theres 90 guys on the team not including the scout team players 75% is way off.

R

RogerKlotz

You can't beat the test. NCAA tests 2 times a year every year, usually fall and early spring, selecting around 10-15 random guys from the team. I know guys who graduated who were never tested, and some guys who were tested 4-5 times. Luck of the draw

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't beat the test. NCAA tests 2 times a year every year, usually fall and early spring, selecting around 10-15 random guys from the team. I know guys who graduated who were never tested, and some guys who were tested 4-5 times. Luck of the draw

Exactally..... Thank You. People who are not involved in the sport just dont understand that..... and I didnt either until the first time I was tested. If you even take a perscription medicine and you dont have the perscription on file with your athletic trainer they will fail you.

ps.... If you took it in the summer it would be out of your system by october. Chances are they wouldnt test you in camp august, but just be careful. It would suck to lose a whole year, then if you fail not only do you lose a whole year you have to pass numerous drug test to get back in.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ So are you saying that they beat the tests or that they weren't tested regularly?

NCAA is only allowed to test a percentage amount of a team. Because of that when they do test your team they may only test 20 guys or so. Like he said its very often that guys go there whole career without getting tested. The name drawing is random, unless you have failed a previous drug test. The drug test it self test for every masking agent known to man... no way to beat it.