• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Alves wins Europa!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A big surprise for me, congrats Troy!

It's been a long time coming for Troy Alves, but on Saturday afternoon in Orlando, after seven years and 24 contests, he finally stood alone in the winner's circle by winning the first pro show of his career at the inaugural Europa Show of Champions.

Just two months after placing 11th at the Ironman Pro, where Alves did nothing to deter skeptics who believed his best days were behind him, Alves entered the Show of Champions as an afterthought in a less-than-star-studded lineup. But in Florida the 42-year-old Alves miraculously managed to turn back the clock, entering the Show of Champions in his best condition in years, and possibly since placing eighth at the 2003 Olympia during his rookie year.

Alves' stiffest challenge came from an improved Hidetada Yamagishi and a slightly off Darrem Charles. While Yamagishi managed to regain the form that saw him place 13th at the 2007 Olympia, Charles continued what has become somewhat of a trend in recent years by entering his first contest of the season lacking his trademark razor-sharp conditioning, much like he did with a pair of sixth-place finishes at the 2007 Keystone Classic and the 2008 Houston Pro. Charles' subpar outing was enough to move him not only behind Alves, but also behind the runner-up Yamagishi.

Sergey Shelestov (fourth) and Frederic Sauvage (fifth) rounded out the top five.

v8oho8-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow Alves won!? That's awesome! he deserved this win, nice to see that he won and qualified