• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

too much fat? any ideas for tweaking please?

J

jguruz

Hi guys, ok i've been tightening up on my diet but apparently im consuming way too much fat according to fitday.com's average stats? Was hoping to increase the protein intake to about but alongside that i think i've screwed up on fats, currently tried to cut.

This is a typical day for me:

5 egg whites 1 whole egg = 80g fat / 5.3g carbs / 39.4g prot
oats (45g serving) = 3.9 fat / 43g carbs / 15g prot
pwo shake = 5.2g fat / 5.6g carbs / 40g prot
bananas (2 or 3 a day) = 1.0g fat / 80g carbs / 4g prot
pan fried steak 500g (over two meals) = 86g fat / 0 carbs / 150g prot

Totals = 175g fat / 131g carbs / 250g protein - not sure if thats a good ratio on a cut/maintenance phase?

I got a feeling i'm doing something totally wrong here, im currently on a 5 day weights split with say 3 x 15-20 min cardio sessions thrown in. Can't seem to shift that last bit of belly to get the abs out! Any ideas on tweaking this meal plan or any new foods would be greatly appreciated.

Currently weigh approximately 70kg

Many thanks.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
pretty sure 5 egg whits and one whole egg has nowhere near 80g fat.

www.calorieking.com Have another look at your macronutrient breakdowns :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd agree that the calc seems to be out.

Plus how about cutting the fat off the steak........

Plus you need to get more info on what calories you need and the like. At a glance/guess you have way too few cals, even for a cut, and probably consuming far too few carbs and way too much protein.

J

jguruz

Thanks for that link skeptic, i think i'm getting more realistic figures from there. Tim, i usually trim the fat off the steak after pan frying not sure whether this contributes towards the fat actually being cooked into the beef? About the breakdown, i read one of your other posts where you mentioned something about the recommended carb:protein ratio being the same regardless of bulking or cutting? In which case i am a bit off. My only hesitation is that i've actually shed around 20kgs of fat over the past 18 months so i'm really paranoid about putting any fat on through excess carbs. Perhaps you guys could recommend some good low fat carb sources around the existing diet? The only ones that i know of are oats and wholemeal bread.

I currently work my meals around egg whites, oats, wholemeal bread (with sliced chicken), beef, chicken, cottage cheese and mixed vegetables.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yr kind of backwards bro. just a few tips try having protein every meal 40G protein a meal.

i would avoid the bananas and stick with yams or oats or wheat pasta for carbs.

A sample diet would go as follows

5 egg whites 2 whole eggs 1/2 cp oatmeal 40g protein 12g fat 27 carbs

PWO protein shake 1/2 cp oats 40g protein 0-5 g fat 29g carbs

salad with tuna or some sort of fish with a 1TBSP olive oil in place of dressing 40g protein 14g fat

Dinner: steak(ground round) with broccoli or green beans protein 40-50 g protein 5 carbs 20g fat

Just for an idea of what to do. if your hungry i would opt out for snacking on celery broccoli or cauliflower, raw or slightly cooked.

God Bless
Ben

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ What he said. But I'd have more vegetables (which is were Ben's snacking ideas come in).

Plus it isn't about how many carbs are in the diet, it is when and how many calories they provide.

If you consume a whole heap when the body is essentially at rest and slowing down (have a read on circadian rythms) then they make a difference. If you consume a lot of empty calories (donuts, lollies, etc) or consume more calories than you need in a day. This is when carbs become a problem. The rest of the time your body needs them for fuel and muscle growth.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You need to buy leaner meat. I have the slightest idea where you come up with your total calories.

R

RIP

Try working some chicken and tuna (no mayo) into your diet. Fish filets on the George Forman grill with some lemon.