• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

crossfit

WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

anyone ever tryed it? or even heard of it?

WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

appreciate it Tim, curious is all

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive used it and I have to admit I loved it. Though if you wanna be the best at what you do (BB, PL etc) its better to specialice yourself. It can be dangerous especially when you get tired and have to do high rep squats or deadlifts but all in all I find it a highly effective programm if you wanna become an overall good athlete.

D

donovansurf

I did it for about a year but my lower back couldn't take it. Great results while keeping up with it though.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Try it out ;D
I love crossfit.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

hahahhaha. crossfit is amazing, i will never workout any other way ever again!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well have fun with the back surgery :xyxthumbs:

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

hahah back surgery? i dont want to get into an argument here so... thanks

but why do u think that crossfit would cause me to have back surgery?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well have fun with the back surgery :xyxthumbs:

This is overly dramatic. Crossfit is a great concept for the average joe who wants to be stronger, fitter, healthier, and have fun on the gym doing so. Doing high rep squats and deadlifts is a mistake, but there's nothing wrong with the concept.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

This is overly dramatic. Crossfit is a great concept for the average joe who wants to be stronger, fitter, healthier, and have fun on the gym doing so. Doing high rep squats and deadlifts is a mistake, but there's nothing wrong with the concept.

it is a great concept, but not just for the "average joe" ....crossfit workouts make elite athletes look like average joes.... even if most people on this board disagree or dont like crossfit just go to the website and check out the workouts and look at some of the videos...or if your brave enough try a few workouts, id like to see what you have to say then.

www.crossfit.com

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it is a great concept, but not just for the "average joe" ....crossfit workouts make elite athletes look like average joes.... even if most people on this board disagree or dont like crossfit just go to the website and check out the workouts and look at some of the videos...or if your brave enough try a few workouts, id like to see what you have to say then.

www.crossfit.com

I've seen/done them and I'm not doubting how grueling they can be.

I would not use them for many athletes though as they have very little sport specificity. Take a basketball or soccer player, the time spent on crossfit training is time that could have been spent working on making them jump higher, or run faster.

That's why it's called 'crossfit', it's meant to give large levels of general fitness in a variety of areas. Elite athletes need to be as good as possible in their sporting tasks.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

i completely agree with everything you just said....but even tho crossfit is not exactly sports specific, if done correctly with proper form and intensity will definetly help someone run faster, longer and with proper form, jump higher, be stronger over all, be mentally stronger and so on and so on... by the way thanks for having an open mind..i do understand this is mainly a bb website... i just think more ppl should at least try cf, but its def not for everyone! ive only been doing crossfit for 2.5 months and im in the best shape of my life. stronger and faster then ive ever been!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i completely agree with everything you just said....but even tho crossfit is not exactly sports specific, if done correctly with proper form and intensity will definetly help someone run faster, longer and with proper form, jump higher, be stronger over all, be mentally stronger and so on and so on... by the way thanks for having an open mind..i do understand this is mainly a bb website... i just think more ppl should at least try cf, but its def not for everyone! ive only been doing crossfit for 2.5 months and im in the best shape of my life. stronger and faster then ive ever been!

Will it help someone be stronger/faster? Of course! Is it the BEST way for an elite athlete who needs to work on a weakness or a particular skill to improve? Definitely not.

I'm not doubting though that you're seeing great fitness improvements, I like the program overall, but I wouldn't use it for high level athletes, and I wouldn't include exercises where your form can't help but suffer when you're tired and risk injury (heavy squats, deadlifts especially)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep. It was on purpose :gaysign:

I'm not a fan of crossfit because of its lax form requirements and high repitition of complex movements (you just can't physically do more than a handful of proper reps on a clean and jerk or snatch). Aside from that I agree that the concept is great. But it really won't make an athlete better (if anything worse) and it doesn't really target anything, so you don't really get better.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

guys its not a program to make athletes "better"....its made to get them fitter or in better overall shape... therefore easily be able to perform ANY movement or sport

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys its not a program to make athletes "better"....its made to get them fitter or in better overall shape... therefore easily be able to perform ANY movement or sport

Ugh, I hate how our training threads always turn into nit picking...

Crossfit-- great program for someone looking to be fit, healthy, improve general strength, endurance.... don't do high rep squats and deads though, and concentrate on good form. Not a great program for elite athletes.

/end thread

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

hahah ok end thread. to each his own.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just really loved it. I really like that type of workouts Its hard, its brutal and you can compete with others for time or reps. I'm aware of the dangers and other things thats why I dont do it atm. Because I wanna become stronger and withoud crossfit this goes faster. But if I wanted to prepare for the military or if I had a job wich demands a good physical health and stamina I would reccomand crossfit.

B

bdunas

crossfit does what it says

i've done what I call "hybrid" crossfit for about a year. My speed and power have increased and I am no doubt overall in better condition. This is due to the incorporation of the oly lifts, sprinting and plyometric stuff that I never did before. I can do more sports type activities with my teenage boys thanks to that than I was able to do after training more specifically in a bodybuilding format.