• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help with Brachialis training

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I always had trouble growing my Brachialis, i think it's kinda genetic I can barely see it.

I've been focusing on doing some bicep exercises with emphasis on the brachialis in back day- like hammer curls, reverse grip Barbel Curls..

Do you guys know any other effective exercises. some training strategies maybe..?

anyone has the same problem? pls give your opinion.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously??

Unless you are big and ripped you really won't notice it. Have a look at the arm charts I posted in the article section on what muscles are active during what exercises. I think I posted the biceps chart.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
spider curls with a closer grip

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Seriously??

Unless you are big and ripped you really won't notice it. Have a look at the arm charts I posted in the article section on what muscles are active during what exercises. I think I posted the biceps chart.

gonna checl those charts! thanks tim!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had the same problem bro, till I started doing concentration curls and hammer curls twice a week. That's BESIDES doing chest or back.

It may seem like too much, but if you can put them in specific days you can avoid overtraining. My biceps were always lagging, and now they look great and the brachii show even though I am not ripped. Feels good man :D

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I had the same problem bro, till I started doing concentration curls and hammer curls twice a week. That's BESIDES doing chest or back.

It may seem like too much, but if you can put them in specific days you can avoid overtraining. My biceps were always lagging, and now they look great and the brachii show even though I am not ripped. Feels good man :D

thanks for the tip bro !

I'm doing sort of the same thing now..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You will rarely find a developed bicep without a brachialis. I wouldnt worry about it. Dont get caught up in the little muscles that pop out on pros. Stick to your basic core movements and let the arm develop as a whole and then when you are massive you can start worrying about the smaller muscle groups maybe. That being said, anything with a neutral or pronated grip will help. Heavy and controlled barbell curls followed by some hammer curls should do you just fine.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
You will rarely find a developed bicep without a brachialis. I wouldnt worry about it. Dont get caught up in the little muscles that pop out on pros. Stick to your basic core movements and let the arm develop as a whole and then when you are massive you can start worrying about the smaller muscle groups maybe. That being said, anything with a neutral or pronated grip will help. Heavy and controlled barbell curls followed by some hammer curls should do you just fine.

thanks Creator, always apreciate your comments ! :thumbsup2:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
From researching the Brachialis training topic i've concluded that in order to activate the brachialis significantly the exercise should imobilizate the shoulder articulation where the biceps brachii is inserted (scapula) and should be in isometric manner.

do you guys see any flaw here?

it makes sense to me.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It really won't show up unless your pretty ripped. I thought I didn't have much of one either, but after I contest dieted I was happily surprised! Don't sweat the little stuff natzo, just keep training hard and heavy with those arms and you'll see the brachialis when you get cut up!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From researching the Brachialis training topic i've concluded that in order to activate the brachialis significantly the exercise should imobilizate the shoulder articulation where the biceps brachii is inserted (scapula) and should be in isometric manner.

do you guys see any flaw here?

it makes sense to me.

Yes I do see a flaw. I am quite sure that the brachialis does not insert at the scapula....

You are correct that the long head of the biceps brachii originates at the supraglenoid tubercle of the scapula while the short head originates at the coracoid process. However, the BRACHIALIS originates at the shaft of the humerus and inserts at the coronoid process (which is no where near the scapula). Again, dont put so much thought into it brother. Develop the arm first. I am glad that you are researching and taking an interest into anatomy as well.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Yes I do see a flaw. I am quite sure that the brachialis does not insert at the scapula.... Let me double check but that doesnt sound anywhere close to correct.

no!
it doesn't!

the bicep brachii inserts in the scapula ( long head and short head)

the brachiallis inserts in the ulna, has only one insertion that's why to activate it properly the shoulder articulation must be taken out of the exercise (where the biceps brachii also insert)

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no!
it doesn't!

the bicep brachii inserts in the scapula ( long head and short head)

the brachiallis inserts in the ulna, has only one insertion that's why to activate it properly the shoulder articulation must be taken out of the exercise (where the biceps brachii also insert)

Oh my bad, I read your post wrong. I thought for some reason that you were saying that the brachialis inserts at the scapula :thumbsup2:

Just looking over the action of the brachialis it is as simple as flexion of the forearm at the elbow with no action involved in supination. A good neutral grip curl will do the trick. Scapula should always be retracted during biceps curls to make for a better stretch.

And yes, you are correct that the retraction of the scapula should always be done in an isometric manner to stabilize.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Oh my bad, I read your post wrong. I thought for some reason that you were saying that the brachialis inserts at the scapula :thumbsup2:

do you agree that an isometric activates it more than a full Rom dynamic exercise?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
do you agree that an isometric activates it more than a full Rom dynamic exercise?

No. I think your information was refering to an isometric contraction of the rhomboids to hold the scapula retracted. As for the brachialis, a good controlled concentric followed by a controlled eccentric is best.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
No. I think your information was refering to an isometric contraction of the rhomboids to hold the scapula retracted. As for the brachialis, a good controlled concentric followed by a controlled eccentric is best.

hum.. you maybe right.
I'll check it when I get home.