• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

metoformin

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
any one tried it? I've been ready a lot about it lately.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
any links? never heard of it.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll have to pull one up when I get a chance, basically its a pill that works in the same that insulin does. Although the chances of going hypo on it are drastically less. I've seen a lot of talk about it on some other forums

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
spelled metformin aka glucophage

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
from bodybuilding.com forum

Glucophage is a brand name for metformin which is an oral hypoglycemic drug. Glucophage was made to be used to control adult onset diabetes. This drug is will increase the body's ability to transport glucose into the muscle cells much better by increasing insulin sensitivity. This substance will also inhibit the body's formation of sugar by the liver whereby lowering insulin secretion in the body. This substance is very similar to phenformin, that is also an oral hypoglycemic except that phenformin is considered the harsher of the two compounds. Phenformin is considered to be from 5 - 10 times stronger than Glucophage at what it does for the body on a mg. per mg. comparison.

Glucophage has signifigantly less side effects than phenformin has as well. The chance for an overdose causing hypoglycemia with the use of Glucophage is dose related whereas you almost have to take a lethal dose. It is common knowledge that Glucophage will increase insulin sensitivity as well.

As far as bodybuilders are concerned, this product is used as an oral form of insulin. It will cause greater glycogen supercompensation during carb-ups as well as lowering blood glucose for those that are using the BodyOpus or Atkins diet to induce ketosis more easily. Common side effects of Glucophage are a metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, and vomiting. This will become on the next big drugs used by professional bodybuilders in the coming years for its ability as a repartitioning agent and blood glucose disposal agent.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is from truemuscle.com

Glucophage

Known Name Brands: Glucophage, Mellitron, Metformin. Glucophage - 850 mg. tablets - 40 per box. Glucophage is a brand name for metformin which is an oral hypoglycemic drug. Glucophage was made to be used to control adult onset diabetes. This drug is will increase the body's ability to transport glucose into the muscle cells much better by increasing insulin sensitivity. This substance will also inhibit the body's formation of sugar by the liver whereby lowering insulin secretion in the body. This substance is very similar to phenformin that is also an oral hypoglycemic except that phenformin is considered the harsher of the two compounds. Phenformin is considered to be from 5 - 10 times stronger than Glucophage at what it does for the body on a mg. per mg. comparison. Glucophage has signifigantly less side effects than phenformin has as well. The chance for an overdose causing hypoglycemia with the use of Glucophage is dose related whereas you almost have to take a lethal dose. It is common knowledge that Glucophage will increase insulin sensitivity as well. As far as bodybuilders are concerned, this product is used as an oral form of insulin. It will cause greater glycogen supercompensation during carb-ups as well as lowering blood glucose for those that are using the BodyOpus or Atkins diet to induce ketosis more easily. Common side effects of Glucophage are a metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, and vomiting. This will become on the next big drugs used by professional bodybuilders in the coming years for its ability as a repartitioning agent and blood glucose disposal agent. Effective Dose: 1,700 mg. per day in divided doses.You have to take this with meals and with water to avoid stomach upset.

These tablets degrade in sunlight and need to be kept cool. This presents an issue with black market sources seeing as dealers carry these things around in their training bags for weeks on end. The same applies with glucophages sister product Insulin.

The drug belongs to a group of drugs called the biguanides. A group of antihyperglyceimic drugs. Others include Buformin and Phenformin. These drugs increase the transport of blood sugar across the cell membrane into muscle cells. The action works by positvely effecting cellular insulin sensitivity.

Metforming is a little gentler on action than the other compound which hit so hard they can bring on lactic acidosis which would be counter productive.

This product that enhances the effect of insulin and by now we all agree insulin is the single most anabolic agent available.

This product is slowly absorbed over a six hour period with the half life being as long as 15 hours.

Metformin has got to be safer than oral insulin and combined with effective insulin therapy and the right diet the results have been excellent. Each tablet is 850 mgs. The best results came with a slow build up to three tablets a day taken morning, noon and night using a three day on one day regime. This was combined with indictable insulin. The top athletes took on 1 IU per 10 1KG of bodyweight three times a day. They were careful to use the humilin act rapid S and take 10 grams of carbs and five grams of whey protein 90 minutes after administration.

For example 100 1KG man would take three metformin a day. 10 IU of insulin first thing in the morning, 1090 grams Maltodextrin and 50 grams of whey 90 minutes later. This he would repeat early afternoon and early evening.

The most successful subject also took 50 MCG of T3 on the days they took the metformin and 4 IU GH as two separate 2 I U shots taken mid morning and thirty minutes after training.

Another product that enhances the overall effect is Creatine Monohydrate especially if combined with the amino acids Arginine, Glycine and Methionine

The worst side effects have been minor. A bad taste in the mouth and some stomach acid. This can be avoided by always taking the metforming with half a litre of water.

Potentially the possibility of lactic acidosis must not be ruled out and you must be aware of the symptoms. The most obvious symptom is death which would hardly be missed by even the most focused and intensive bodybuilder. Before this irreversible loss of bodymass you will have severe cramps and stomach pains with uncontrollable sweating. A simple blood PH test at the doctors would clear up any nagging doubts.

It is important to say that this is experimental material and in no way can I recommend the use of this product. The older you get the higher the risk that is not to say that every twenty year old can go crazy.

Duiretics make the effects hit harder and this is a big risk area. Somehow risks always seem to come back to diuretics. The same risk enhancement appies to the female pill and even nicotinic acid.

The essential point of any insulin altered therapy is that the strict dietary needs are met. Eating the right foods at the right time should become like a religion. Imagine your life depends on it.

The discovery of how to use insulin correctly has without a doubt revolutionised bodybuilding. It has produced competitors twenty pounds heavier

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you guys think this stuff is good to go?

montanamuscle

montanamuscle

PM razor at RR.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read about. Its garbage. 15 hour half life. No thank you. With insulin, you want the shortest half life possible. Get your carbs in and insulin out. Way too slow absorbing. Humalog is a better bet.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read about. Its garbage. 15 hour half life. No thank you. With insulin, you want the shortest half life possible. Get your carbs in and insulin out. Way too slow absorbing. Humalog is a better bet.

yeah man I agree with your thinking, I saw that and was like what, then how are so many people losing fat with this. Idk seems weird, you'd think you'd want the insulin in and out of your system fast. But so many seem to rave about this stuff.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah man I agree with your thinking, I saw that and was like what, then how are so many people losing fat with this. Idk seems weird, you'd think you'd want the insulin in and out of your system fast. But so many seem to rave about this stuff.

If your diabetic maybe, its probably a bunch of people on another forum who are scared of a 29 gauge insulin needle. There is no reason for long half life insulin when it comes to body building needs.

You can lose weight with it if it makes your hypoglycmic but there are way better ways to lose weight then that. I would feel like shit all day if I had to use that for that reason. I could see it helping with a ketosis diet but still. If I am using Insulin, its for bulking. just my opinion though,

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah I completely understand what your saying buddy. The people that use this arent necessarily using it to go hypo because its hard for the drug to make you do that, but they are on keto diets just as you have described. Have you personally used insulin? Did you buy humalin-R over the counter or make an order? just curious there

I also found this which makes more since... so that its half-life is actually only about 3 hours.

Metformin absorption is relatively slow and may extend over about 6 hours. The drug is excreted in urine at high renal clearance rate of about 450 mL/min. The initial elimination of metformin is rapid with a half-life varying between 1.7 and 3 hours. The terminal elimination phase accounting for about 4 to 5 % of the absorbed dose is slow with a half-life between 9 and 17 hours. Metformin is not metabolized. Its main sites of concentration are the intestinal mucosa and the salivary glands. The plasma concentration at steady-state ranges about 1 to 2 µg/mL.

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20G)/GLUCOPHAGE.html

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah I completely understand what your saying buddy. The people that use this arent necessarily using it to go hypo because its hard for the drug to make you do that, but they are on keto diets just as you have described. Have you personally used insulin? Did you buy humalin-R over the counter or make an order? just curious there

I also found this which makes more since... so that its half-life is actually only about 3 hours.

Metformin absorption is relatively slow and may extend over about 6 hours. The drug is excreted in urine at high renal clearance rate of about 450 mL/min. The initial elimination of metformin is rapid with a half-life varying between 1.7 and 3 hours. The terminal elimination phase accounting for about 4 to 5 % of the absorbed dose is slow with a half-life between 9 and 17 hours. Metformin is not metabolized. Its main sites of concentration are the intestinal mucosa and the salivary glands. The plasma concentration at steady-state ranges about 1 to 2 µg/mL.

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20G)/GLUCOPHAGE.html

Thats not as bad as I have read. 1.7 to 3 hours isn't horrible. Its the 9-17 hours that sucks. But that is only 5%. I gotta look at some case studies.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah I agree. If its not that bad I might consider trying it out.