• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Breakfast

M

mahrousd

What do you guys this about this breakfast? Is this too much for one meal and cause it to store fat?? Also what do ya'll think about the oatmeal i made up?

Breakfast- 5 eggs-4 egg whites and 1 whole egg with 4 slices of turkey mixed in.
1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal, cinnamon, and some almonds all mixed in the oatmeal.

Calories: 553
Protein: about 45g
Carbs: about 60g
Fat: about 15g

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
if you're having one cup of oatmeal why add another of cereal?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hes not....it says 1/2 cup of oats

M

mahrousd

Yea it's half and half. I added the fiber one for some extra fiber because i need it.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 cup of oatmeal with milk (no fat)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks fine, though I'd cut the whole eggs from 6 to 2.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks fine, though I'd cut the whole eggs from 6 to 2.

Correct me if I am wrong or you disagree with me, but why?
One egg does have ~500-600 mg of cholesterol, this is true. But only ~30% of our cholesterol is dietary while our liver makes the rest, no? Seeing as eggs, the yolk, are high in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fats this would actually beneficial to your LDL and HDL levels, right? Unsaturated fat, in a simplistic manner of speaking, lowers your LDL and raises your HDL. I think while taking your Omega's which help with this as well and lowering triglyceride levels.
Also,
many of the egg’s incredible nutrients are found in the egg yolk, including choline, folate, lutein, zeaxanthin and vitamin D. The yolk also includes healthy monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats and almost half of the high-quality protein found in eggs.
http://incredibleegg.org/health_nut...FqxwoduF0C9Q&gclid=CPeRyuixmpoCFQFqxwoduF0C9Q

Joeb23

Joeb23

One egg does have ~500-600 mg of cholesterol, this is true. But only ~30% of our cholesterol is dietary while our liver makes the rest, no? Seeing as eggs, the yolk, are high in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fats this would actually beneficial to your LDL and HDL levels, right? Unsaturated fat, in a simplistic manner of speaking, lowers your LDL and raises your HDL. I think while taking your Omega's which help with this as well and lowering triglyceride levels.
Also,
http://incredibleegg.org/health_nut...FqxwoduF0C9Q&gclid=CPeRyuixmpoCFQFqxwoduF0C9Q

I agree completely.:borat: That is why I eat 6 whole eggs every morning.:drool:

You know now that I think of it, why do so many people resort to oatmeal for breakfast. Don't we want a faster digesting higher glycemic carbohydrate to replenish depleted glycogen stores? I mean that is what I have always done. I add in lower glycemic carbs for the rest of the day after my post workout meal. What do you guys think?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also,
Agree, but I also don't see the point of consuming huge amounts of any one food.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree completely.:borat: That is why I eat 6 whole eggs every morning.:drool:

You know now that I think of it, why do so many people resort to oatmeal for breakfast. Don't we want a faster digesting higher glycemic carbohydrate to replenish depleted glycogen stores? I mean that is what I have always done. I add in lower glycemic carbs for the rest of the day after my post workout meal. What do you guys think?

GRITS yummy

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would actually cut the protein out until you have been awake for 2-3 hours. When you first wake in the morning your body is number one coming off of a 6-8 hour fast so it need carbohydrates more than it needs anything at that point. Secondly your body is also coming off of the longest fast(for most of us) that it gets all day your sleep. When you wake up if you eat protein first thing your body works against itself and the protein is wasted, not entirely wasted, but their is a better option.

Wake up and eat your carbohydrates, wait 2 hours then have your protein(eggs) and continue with the day as normal.

God Bless
Ben

N

NuffSaid

Yea, I agree. Too many whole eggs.

C

code

I eat just whites and 1 cup of oatmeal with milk (no fat)