• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2009 New York Pro: Athlete Predictions

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Top pros drop their picks for the 2009 New York Pro and New York Pro 202 and under

Our online preview of the 2009 IFBB New York Pro continues as the pros tell you who they think will walk away with the big slice of the pie and why.

MELVIN ANTHONY, 2008 Mr. Olympia, 6th place

Winner: Silvio Samuel
Why: His recent track record is hard to ignore. He brings condition and full, round shape. If the judges are swinging towards mass, you have to throw Dennis James and Sergey Shelestov in there.

202 winner: David Henry
Why: He's got it all: size, symmetry and condition. He's the most complete from head to toe and that's what wins shows.

BOB CICHERILLO, IFBB Athlete Representative

Why: He's the highest ranking guy and he's beaten everybody in this lineup before.

Why: He's a class above the rest of the 202 guys. But this division is heating up and it's gonna be interesting to see what happens at the Olympia 202 Showdown.

RONNIE COLEMAN, 1998-2005 Mr. Olympia

Winner: Dennis James
Why: I saw Dennis at FIBO and he was by far the biggest I've ever seen him - and shredded to the bone. He's a seasoned veteran and he's hungry for the win.

Why: He's always shredded and for this class, he's one big boy. He knows how to make an impact. Both David and Dennis will head into the Olympia with momentum.

BRANDON CURRY, 2008 NPC USA Heavyweight and overall winner

Why: He was not happy after the Arnold Classic so I'm sure he'll bring the pain. His conditioning is on so he should stand out in this show.

Why: He wants to erase his loss to Kevin English at last year's show. He's on a mission to prove that he's the world's best 202 and under bodybuilder.

JAY CUTLER, 2006-07 Mr. Olympia

Winner: Evan Centopani
Why: He's big, ripped and has a great frame.

Why: Carries lots of muscle, has the condition and he's the Olympia 202 champ.

TONEY FREEMAN, 2009 Arnold Classic, 4th place

Why: He'll be in shape. As the highest ranking pro in the show, you have to think he's taking it home.

Why: He's the Olympia 202 Showdown champ and I just know he's gonna be on. Game over, baby!

DEXTER JACKSON, 2008 Mr. Olympia

Why: He's got good shape, gets hard and he's really brought his waist down. Plus, he's still got the size advantage.

Why: Best 202 dude in the world. End of story!

FLEX LEWIS, 2008 Europa Super Show 202 Champion

Why: New York likes freaks, so if Dennis is dialed in, he might edge it out.

Why: He wants redemption for English beating him last year.

PETER PUTNAM, 2008 NPC Nationals, light-heavyweight winner

Why: Based on his recent placings, he's the top contender. Even though structurally some guys could give him a push, it will be hard to place ahead of Sil if he is the most conditioned guy there.

Why: Henry's beaten English, but we can't forget English bested Henry at this very same show a year ago. This will be a dog fight, but I predict Henry comes out on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
let lighting strike me if silvio wins it.
he shouldnt win it, it should go to ruhl or the other bigger guys.
you cant even play the aesthetic card with silvio because he isnt

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't like Silvio much either....upper body is small in comparison to his legs specially from the back shots.

This is a bigger man's show to win. Evan, Dennis, Tarek and Ruhl will standout IMO

As far as 202 goes my money is on David or Eduardo

F

fitmod066

I hope evan wins it!!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn they are all backing either silvio or DJ

im sticking with my 1st place Markus RUHL!!
will be one of the greatest come backs

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not even one said Ruhl ?

Biased shit is biased.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe everyone on the board is biased for rhul?
i think it is silvios :io:

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie must have been on too much of 'dat der celltech' to think Dennis James will win.
Dont get me wrong, Dennis is a great bodybuilder, but I've lost track of the amount of times he has looked phenomenal a week or two before a show, then turn up and not nail his conditioning. I dont see how this time will be any different to then. Also Jay suggesting Centopani will win...way too much of dat der celltech again.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they might not even know ruhl is making a comeback or perhaps they knew and didnt see any photos.
Ruhl has placed higher then silvio at the olympia so ruhls best should beat silvio, ruhl was one of the big fish back in his prime

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Also Jay suggesting Centopani will win...way too much of dat der celltech again.

Well i don't know, in this case i agree with Jay, Silvio is overrated imo.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff